Text messages & meetups

Why Do You Care?

I didn't go to school that day. I went straight home carrying all my books,etc. I'm so embarrassed and frustrated. Out of all the people in the world it had to be him, I knew something was up when I heard those screams but I should've been more alert. When I got home I set my books on my floor and put the rest of the contents of my ripped bag on my desk. Then I just stood in the middle of my room and screamed. The sound of my voice was so alarming that it had woke my father, he came running in my room. "What's wrong? Did you oversleep? Do you need a ride?"

"No. I'm not going"

"You can't be missing school. Why not just go? Better late then not there at all?" he looks at me and smiles. "I prefer to take the day off, it's not everyday when I miss school"

"Fine. But when I'm gone again you better not miss tons of school. I don't want you to start failing I spent all this money on you what would your mo-"

"I know.." I cut him off. I've heard it all before. But not today, I'm definitely not listening to this today.  I tell him that I'm tired and he nods walking up to me and giving me a hug. We stand there for a moment and he lets go of me and walks out of the room without any last words. I had other things to do beside lay around but today I was feeling irresponsible. I pull out extra blankets from my closet and change into comfort clothes. My normal idea of being irresponsible is sleeping all day instead of doing work/other things that I need to do. So that's exactly what I did, I went to sleep. I took the longest and most needed nap ever and it felt great.

 

—————————————

 

When I woke up my first thoughts were: Byun Baekhyun and also waffles but that wasn't the biggest problem right now. Then I remembered about Jae and how I left him last, "oh -" I said rather loud. I was still pretty sleepy but I managed to find my phone. Scrolling through the contacts I click on the contact labeled:

Jae is pretty gr8 (=゚ω゚)ノ

It's obvious I didn't come up with that contact name, I bet he thought he was so cool when it entered it into my phone. I dialed his number and the phone rings maybe twice?  Jae answers so suddenly, "what the hell happened?!"

"nothing I just woke up from a nap"

"No, idiot. With that guy? I've been trying to contact you all day!"

"Oh.. I'm sorry. He was just in a hurry and wanted to get my contact information to pay for a new bag. He ripped mine remember?"

"Yeah whatever. Then why didn't you come to school?"

"Let's just say I was a bit traumatized- after some events this morning" Jae sounded like he was going to explode. Yelling at me for not responding to him. Gosh he sounds like an older brother, I wonder if he knows that he's being annoying. After hearing him out I tell him I'm going to go back to sleep and he says agrees saying that I need more rest.

 

After what seemed like an eternity of talking to Jae I'm sitting on my bed staring at my phone. The contact labeled:

The most handsome member of EXO Baekhyun~ ^ω^

was staring at me so harshly. Why am I so nervous? Is it because he's an idol. I adore him and the rest of EXO. Do Kyungsoo especially but maybe because he knows him? What if he told him what had happened, wait are they even that close? I mean they must be? They've worked together for so long. I toss the ideas of him telling Kyungsoo out of my head so I don't stress myself out. I mean I've been obsessing over this man ever since debut, he's everywhere. I have posters, merch, etc. plastered everywhere with him. This is nerve wracking. My bag! Duh of course? That's what this is all about, I need to get my bag a be finished with this.

 

I start to plan the text. Hm what to say? Should I be simple? Cool? Whatever I just need to get this replacement then I'll never see him again. That's that.

Hey! This is "bus stop girl"

I send the text. My heart drops so quickly but I calm down. I set my phone down and lay back down on my bed staring at my wall.

Dinggggg

A text already? I get up and grab my phone. It's him.  

[BaekHyun]: I thought you would never text me? Usually when I give someone my number it's almost instantly.

[Me]: Well obviously I'm not like everyone else.

[BaekHyun]: Okay okay I seemed to figure that out already. So on to business?

[Me]: Yeah, when am I going to get my bag so I don't ever have to hear from you again?

[BaekHyun]: ~(>_<)~ aweh ! Don't say that bus stop girl ! Well I'm free later today, give me an address so I can drop it off sometime later?

 

An address? He's crazy. I'm not letting him come to my house especially with my Dad here but how else am I supposed to get this stupid bag back. It's not like I have the money for a replacement right now. I send him my address and I start to pick up my room.

 

After cleaning for almost an hour I decide to lay back down, I never get a chance just to relax. I grab my phone and open up twitter:

35 notifications

Wow I wonder what happened? I click the first message from many of my mutuals that run fansites, etc.

[chenderlove]: !!! Did you see Kyungsoo's new hair cut ? !

I didn't even respond and click one of the other few fansites I follow she posts updates way more frequently than I do because she has graduated recently. There he was, his hair was permed. He looked more squishy than normal and it was so incredibly adorable I couldn't help but scream. Without responding you go a retweet many pictures of his new haircut and smile at all the pictures.

 

After a while of intense happiness I pull covers over me and close my eyes telling myself not to fall asleep again and that I had many other things to do. But I guess today was just an extremely tiring day. As I start to fall asleep my last thoughts are filled with happiness and like nothing could ruin this moment.

————————————

 

My sleep only felt like moments when I heard pounding on my door, what an obnoxious noise. I get up and wipe my eyes I can tell it's my Dad by the way he knocks.

"Whyyyy?" I whine at him. "I never get to sleep and you bug me! Whatever it is can wait until tomorrow!"

"I wouldn't be bugging you if some boy wasn't knocking on the door asking for you! AND WHY ARE BOYS ASKING FOR YOU ANYWAY? You're supposed to be focusing on your studies you're not about to be ruin-"

"I get it and what boy?" I cut him off and look into the living room. "Ah. Dad just go to your room I'll deal with it-" I say in a panic. He just rolls his eyes and walks back into his room and closes his door very harshly. I walk into the living room and grab him by his wrist.  He's wearing a very nice sweater which happens dark red color with jeans cuffed at the ends. He's wearing a watch on his left wrist and a very nice necklace. He's dressed way to nice to show up to my house? He talks through his face mask, "woah watch out this sweater was worth more than your entire wardrobe" I pull him even harder into my room and shut the door locking it.

"I know I'm handsome and famous but please don't trap me in here and torture me-"

"Stop." I say abruptly

"What I'm just joking a bit, haha. Nice clothes by the way ? I like bunny rabbit patterned pajama pants." He says pulling off his sunglasses. I look down at my clothes and my face turns flush. Baekhyun pushes his hands through his hair and places his sunglasses on the collar of his shirt. I'm so bad at conversation and I think he can tell, " D.O.?"

"Huh?"

" you weren't lying when you said you liked him" He points at all of my merch, etc. I feel like he judging me somehow.

"You know you don't strike me as the type to listen to our music ? Something just seems a bit different about you?"

" I get I'm pathetic but you could've just dropped off the bag you don't have to come in here and make fun of me?" Why was he here? I still don't think this is real life. "You're the one who brought me in your obsessed fan girl room" he laughs. I could tell he was teasing but it hurts rather stupidly. His phone goes off and he picks it up quickly, "Yeah. Yes of course. I get it. Soo calm down, I'll be there right away. Stop yelling. Okay cool, bye" Soo? I think is he talking to Kyungsoo? He hangs up the phone and looks at me. "I have to go, please do text me later and tell me if you like the bag" he hands me a gift bag with the actual bag inside. "Nice meeting you Bus stop girl, you sure are different."

"You too. Nice meeting you Mr. Byun" he smiles and bows and we walk out of my room towards the front door of my house. He puts back on his face mask and sunglasses and then he's gone.

 

I walk back to my room and shut my door and lock it. I then proceed to grab a pillow and shove my face into it and scream. I scream intensely and my face starts to heat up. Why am I freaking out? Why do I feel like crying? Tears start to flood my eyes and I'm still in disbelief. I sit up and look at the gift bag he gave me, it's the color of pink. I stand up and grab it quickly holding it against my chest before revealing the content inside.   I wipe the tears still coming from my eyes and open the package I pull out the beautiful bag Baekhyun had chose for me. It was rather expensive looking and what really caught my eye was the charm attached to it. It was a cute penguin charm made out of a soft plush material. I opened the bag and inside was a card that read, "you seem like the type of girl to have this Gucci bag at your side, it was pricey but I think it suits you rather well. Don't let anymore strange men bump into you and ruin your bags anymore okay?

Love,

Byun BaekHyun" I clutched the card in my right hand and smiled at it. I will cherish this bag for as long as I can. I set it on my desk and put the handwritten card in a special place so it wouldn't have a chance of getting ruined. I pick up the gift bag and start to fold it carefully as I fold I feel something at the bottom of the bag. Byun Baekhyun's wallet.