3 장 : The First Meeting

Between Me&You : Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>

 

 

Chapter 3 : The First Meeting

Nam Woo Hyun

 

“Am I look good ?” I asked my assistance.

“Yes, you are Mr.Nam” I smiled while looking at the reflection of myself at the mirror.

“I know that”

“Mr.Nam. Just now I’ve received a call from Mr.Yoo. He said, he succeeds in getting the signature of the last resident in Pureundo Island.

“Good! So, he actually can do his job right huh ? I thought he does not capable of anything since there was a lot of bad record about him”

“ He’s doing fine Mr.Nam “ I’m glad to hear that. To be honest, I’ve never like him because he loves to bluff. Even though this is the first time I worked with him, I’ve heard a lot of times people badmouthed him. In fact, I don’t know why my father kept him in this company.

My assistant Kim Sung Kyu , kept looking on the ground and act like a servant. I’ve never like that because he’s a part of my family too.

“Sungkyu-shi ,why my family selected you as my assistant? You’re my sister’s husband. So, your position should be the same as me or higher than me. Any justification?” he smiles.

“ You may not remember about it but I’m new in this field. So, I should start from bottom according to my qualification and not based on position in this family. In fact, I hate practices of nepotism” ouch! I’m taken with that.

“Ehem, what is my schedule today?” I knew today is an important day for me because there will be official appointment of CEO of the company a.k.a ceremony.

“Now is 8 am , you have one more hour before the ceremony. So, now we’re going to have breakfast at the Gold Crystal Hotel with your family before departing to the company”  breakfast ? I’m going to hate that. I’m rather having breakfast alone because believe me I’m going to vomit having breakfast with them as the content on the conversation will full of about businesses, politics, gossip and my love life.

“I don’t want to attend it” I’ve decided.

“What? But, you cannot skip this important breakfast”

“I want to have a normal breakfast and not the one that you fake your laugh in front of anybody, full of bluffing and insincerity” I told him back. Suddenly there is slow and whispering voices appear from Sungkyu’s mouth.

“You used to have one Woohyun-ah” I used to have one?

“Pardon ?”

“No, I mean you’ll have a normal breakfast soon”

“Soon ?”

“Just forget about it. Let’s go Woohyun-shi. It’s time”

Who is this Kim Sung Kyu ? I think I’ve known him for a long time but I can’t recall that. He looks like he knew about me a lot.

 

LEE YA NA

 

“You don’t have to worry about your son. Luckily, the injuries are not so severe because you treated them so well and no need to send him into an advanced hospital” he explained and I nod as I learn the fact.

“Please turn right then there’s a bus stop on the left” I told Dr. Kang who were driving besides me. I told him that I’ll going home by myself but he insists to send me off. About the conversation earlier, I managed to deceive him telling that I’m used to learn about medical but didn’t get medical licence because I failed the test.  My case is long time ago and it’s impossible for him to remember it.

When I’m on the way to the hospital I’ve been thinking to take back the restaurant. I’ll open it back and recruit some of workers who want to work with me. The most probably is I don’t need additional workers because my mother is gone and nobody will come and eat at the restaurant anymore.  However, the problem is I had signed the agreement and it’s hard to turn back.

“Where is Dong Goo appa?” I gulped because I didn’t see that question was coming.

“Do…dong goo appa??” I stuttered. Suddenly the image of Woohyun and Minguk comes into my mind.

“Yes, he is working right now?”  he’s making an assumption.

“Yes !! He’s working at …… Seoul” oh god , please arrive fast . I don’t want him to ask me more questions.

“ I see…so he’ll..”

“There!! The bus stop . Please stop there ” I owe this bus stop a lot as it had done a lot of good deeds to me. The best one is the meeting between Dong Goo and me.

“Oh,alright. Are you sure you don’t want me to sent you in front of your house , Ya Na-sshi ?” he asked.

“I’m sure. Thank you so much Dr.Kang” I bowed to him.

“Just called me In Joon”

“Ne, Dr.Kang In Joon” that’s the last sentence I said before I get off from his car . I don’t want to call his name because it was uncomfortable. His full name is better.  

I wait until he reversed his car and lost from my sight. I’m happy as Dong Goo is in stable condition now and I’ll go to the hospital back this evening to accompany him. But, before that I’m going to meet the Chief and take back my rights. The contract is illegal because it was contract based on fraud. He deceived me about Dong Goo so that I’ll let him go and sign the contract.

I walk from the bus stop and start to think on how I should take the document back. I hate using forces but if it’s the only thing can save my life, why not ?

Suddenly I saw commotion of group of people about 100 metres away from me. I have to walk through them in order to arrive at the Chief house so technically I don’t have any choices. I walked there with heavy steps because I’m little bit anxious they will scream at me and mocked me due to the incidents this morning. Of course, which person that does not feel afraid when there’s someone suddenly cut your child open. In fact, there’s nobody here knew that I was an ex- certified doctor. In other words, there’s no one going to believe me.

“ Yah !! Just get out from the village !!!” the single mother Park Na Rae that lives with one disable child scowling towards someone.

“How could you sell our place to other people ?” another scowl from the villager. Sell village ? A person that could sell the village is no other than the …

“ Chief Park ! How could you do that ? Where are we going to live ?”

“What’s actually happening?” finally someone is asking. I was there but nobody notices me. Their gazes started to focus on the Mr. Han , the 1st generation of the fisherman in Pureundo Island. His tanned skin and dry skin showed how hard his work for his life.

“ This morning, I got a lot of catches and then I went Chief’s house to give him some of it. Suddenly, I heard his conversation stating that our village going to be disappear as everyone had signed the document” said Mr.Han.

“Huh ? What do you mean? The chief said only Ya Na’s and Nae Rae’s house going to be wiped out because they want to build the medical research building there. Then, in return we will receive the benefit together plus our house will not be disturbed”

“ What ? My house as well ? Why I don’t know about this?” Na Rae ahjumma asked the villagers. This is the consequence for believing people too much.

“ It’s not only their house but all of our houses” Mr.Han cried while holding his head.

“ Yah , Chief Park . Is it true ? Is it true you want to sell the land of your birth ? ” Jung ahjumma asked the Chief with soft voices. I can’t see Chief Park because everyone surrounds him . I’m sure he’s got beaten a lot by the villagers because the real Chief Park is strong and fearless.

“ Yes !! Yes !! It’s true ! So what ??” Chief Park start to speak and the circle around him got bigger. His build is big and strong enough to beat the people as I heard he was once national wrestler but quit due to injury.

“ All of you had signed it so it’s too late to turn back . Hmmph, who asked you to not read the agreement first ? Plus, I don’t care about this Island anymore. It’s better gone for good”

“You !!” Mr. Han punch Chief Park on his face caused him to stumble besides me.

“ Punch me !! Punch all the way you want because it will not change the fact I’ll live in luxury and you all will live in dog’s house” my blood’s boil when I heard that. I didn’t live here longer than anyone in this island would so I understand how they want to cherish this land for the rest of their lives. How could a person that live almost half of the age, sell the island and witnessing his friends live homeless?

“ It’s too late already”

“No , you’re wrong” I rebutted Chief’s word saying that everything was already late. Then, every eye is on me.

“ Owh , Ya Na-ah .How is …”

“Dong Goo is fine” I answered coldly. Plus, now Dong Goo’s health is not the most important thing to be discussed here as not all of them actually cared for him.

“Chief Park .Listen carefully” I send sharp stare caused him to gulp.

“After what you have done to my Dong Goo and to us , the villagers as well are you sure you can live happily with all those luxury ?” what had happened to Dong Goo this morning had become one of the nightmares in my life, and now the same person wanted to add another more.

“ You deceive me and the villagers. Then, you hired someone to kidnap my son so do you think I’ll let you go so easily? Our country has law” the Chief smirk.

“ Hahaha , said someone that was once a murderer . Yah , Ya Na-ah , I know all of your ……”

“Contract based on fraud was unenforceable and thus you and your boss can be held liable” I cut his sentence immediately. Just what’s more the Chief knew about me. Who is he really and what is his intention?

“ We can file you a lawsuit and if we win , we will take this land back”

“ Really ? Ya Na-ah , is that true ?So, we can win our land back ?” Mr. Han asked me with pleading eyes.  I nod twice and everyone was very happy except the Chief.

“ My son is a lawyer . Should I asked his help ?” Kang ahjumma already offered a help from his son before I asked her . All villagers acknowledged how good her son is as he never lose any case before.  

“ Yes, you can”

“ Do it ! Just do whatever you want . My boss have much more money to hire a best lawyer to fight against you all” Chief Park said while gather his files that already fell on the ground.  I can’t believe what have happened today and I can’t expect any more surprises.

“ Hello. Yes . I’m Chief Park .Who are you ?” Chief Park that was standing beside me pick up a call from someone he doesn’t know.

“ Owh ? Mr. CEO ?” I catch the word ‘CEO’ comes out from the Chief’s mouth .  Then, the caller must be a director for the medical research building. Without thinking much , I snatch Chief Kang brand new phone and answer the call instead.

“Yah !! What are you doing ?” the Chief want to snatch back his phone but the villagers stop him.

“Whatever your position is that enables you to practice such dirty works on poor people like us, you have to remember two things”

“Yah , what are you talking about ? Who are you ? Where Chief…”

“ First , life is a cycle so what have you done, you will get it back. Secondly, life is too short to destroy people lives. The conclusion is, live your life right” as I finished my speech Chief Park grab my hand and tossed my light body on the ground.

“ Ah!!” I hold my right wrist that was too painful to describe. I try to move my wrist a little but I believed my right Colles was fractured. When Chief Park pushed me and before I reach the ground, in order to prevent my body from damage, I land on my right hand first and cause my wrist to break.

“ Omo ! Ya Na, are you okay ?” Jung ahjumma asked about my condition.

“I’m alright” I answered immediately as I realized that I have to get out from the scene and go to the hospital back.

SE JEONG

 

“ Se Jeong-ah , let’s think another way” Eun Woo told me as I wear the tag named ‘CREW’ that Sungkyu gave to us. The tag is actually for staff that responsible for the CEO’s declaration event. So, person that wore the tag can actually get in the hall.

“What the hell are you talking about ? We are already here and get the tag already” I told him with disbelief. If he don’t want to do it , he should tell me soon.

“ The thing is , if we get caught then it will be the end of us”

“Then, don’t get caught” I told him while push the door of Hall Premium and Eunwoo don’t have any other option but to follow my trail. I kept my poker faces and bow to the staff there. Eun Woo also do the same .

Our plan is actually simple. We already gather few evidences that will attract journalist to attack and asked questions to Nam Woo Hyun and eventually reveal his secrets. There is one journalist that we saw have the potential to accept our offer as he kept complaining on how bad the management of the event is.

“Are you sure ?” journalist Kim Yoo Joon asked us and we nod twice.  

“Alright then. I’m doing this because I wanted to know the answers too. Nam Woo Hyun that I know during old times is not very fond towards the company’s position because I still remember he was passionate photographer and love his girlfriend Dr. Lee Ya Na so much. On how and why he changed so much , it bothers me too as a journalist that always follow up the business

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter