Episode 1 - Introduction II

We Got Married (SooWon edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

(Episode 1 - Introduction II)

 

-----

 

 

(Behind-The-Scene)

 

Right upon the minute when WGM had a short break that night, Siwon receives a phone call from his fellow Super Junior member, Eunhyuk. Before Siwon could even say a “Hello”, sentences after sentences are thrown one after another, and it isn’t long before Siwon eventually stops trying to intervene in whatever his friend has to say. There is a sudden pause which Siwon suspects as Eunhyuk trying to catch a breath, and he couldn’t help but to chuckle at Eunhyuk’s overwhelming reaction.

 

“Eunhyuk? Are you okay?” He asks finally, and he could hear Eunhyuk breathing deeply from the other side of the line. “Bro, chill. Please don’t die on me.”

“Siwon?” It is Donghae’s voice this time.

 “Hey, Donghae. What’s up?”

“Is this for real?”

 

Ah, the question Siwon has been prepared to answer has finally arrived. “Yes, Donghae. This is for real.”

“Okay, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but…seriously?”

“Yes, Donghae.” Siwon answers patiently. Why is it so difficult for people to accept that WGM has finally paired up a couple from the same company? “In the laws of WGM, I am married to Sooyoung and she is my wife.”

 

Siwon could almost feel Donghae and Eunhyuk shuddering at the end of the line. It is one thing to anticipate your best friend getting married to a stranger, but your best friend being married to a close friend of all three of you?  That puts everything to a whole new level, and Siwon couldn’t exactly blame them for the sudden lapse of silence.

 

“Guys? Are you still there?”

“Yeah. Sorry man, Eunhyuk and I are still trying to digest reality.” Donghae laughs slightly over the other line. “The moment we saw the back of Sooyoung we have already suspected your wife to be her. We just…didn’t believe that our intuition turned out to be right.”

“Trust me, I was just as surprised as you two were. You’ve seen my expression on TV anyway.” Siwon grimaces as he recalls how tentative and awkward he had been when he first saw Sooyoung at the fountain. As if she had been a stranger to him all these while. His plans on charming his on-screen wife failed miserably, if the way he nearly stumbled at his own steps on TV were any indication.

 

“Ryeowook’s grinning like an idiot now, just so you know. He still can’t get over the fact that two of his closest friends are married,”

 

Only on-screen, Siwon wants to say, but stops himself quickly. He definitely did not want to sound at all unhappy to be married to one of his best girl friends even if it is only for a television programme. If he wants to resort in any emotions, then being cheerful and happy would be more likable in this situation.

 

“But didn’t the producers tell you who your wife would be when you are confirmed to be the other half of the new couple?” The phone is now passed back to Eunhyuk.

“Nope,” Siwon pops the ‘p’ loud and clear. “The only thing they told me was how they wanted to make a slight change, and figured that my ‘partner’ whom I didn’t know is actually Sooyoung, and I, are the best choices for the change.”

“They probably want to see if casting a couple from the same company would bring any difference in the ratings, I guess?”

Siwon shrugs. “Maybe. Probably.”

 

-----

 

The scene reopens with Siwon and Sooyoung in the park, a continuation from where they before the short break. The both of them seem to have loosened up the tension in the air earlier, and they’ve now proceeded to discuss on how the hints they were given earlier were any relevant to them.

 

( MC Misun: Here’s Siwon and Sooyoung again!

MC Danny: Oh good, I really want to know how those hints are related to them.)

 

Siwon begins first with his two photographs; a beach and of Shinhwa’s Dongwan. “I manage to deduce that these two photographs are related to each other, but somehow I cannot seem to connect it to you,” He says sheepishly and in a somewhat apologetic manner. Knowing that his ‘wife’ is Sooyoung makes Siwon even more upset that he couldn’t figure out the two hints; isn’t he one of Sooyoung’s closest friends?

“Why, the producers are really sly!” Sooyoung exclaims after a while of staring at the photographs, and Siwon tilts his head in curiosity. “What, what did you realized?”

Sooyoung takes the photograph of Shinhwa’s Dongwan. “Soojin-unnie recently had a musical with Dongwan-sunbaenim. I guess this is the hint relation to me?”

Realization strikes Siwon as he covers his face in embarrassment. “Of course! How could I have forgotten this, I even went to watch the musical!”  Just few weeks ago had Siwon went to watch the musical “the man who walks through wall” starring both Dongwan and Soojin with his sister. Yet such a thought has never occurred in his mind when he tried to identify his wife’s identity yesterday. His eyes land on the photograph of the beach and immediately that triggers another realization in his mind. “Ah, I now get this hint too!” He points at the photograph. “Beach reminds me of Summer, and Summer…isn’t it your English name?”

 

(MC Jihye: Oh, now I get it!

MC Jungmin: I read somewhere before that SNSD’s Jessica gave Sooyoung that name, is that right?

MC Misun: Yes, that is what I read too! )

 

 Sooyoung smiles. “Looks like the producers have done their homework on us, huh?” It is now her turn to show Siwon the hints given to her. The moment she found out that Siwon is her ‘husband’, the first hint has immediately dawned in her mind; the cross necklace. “Siwon-oppa is very religious, of course the cross necklace is relevant to him!” The other hint though—a landmark photograph—was a little harder to decipher. She takes the photograph out from the envelope she has kept in her bag, and hands it to her new ‘husband’. “Oppa, do you have any idea where this is?”

 

It takes Siwon a few seconds, but he eventually clicks his fingers together and grins. “Yes, this is where we had our Super Show concert recently. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter