Spelling Bee

Happily Ever After

Byul looked back and forth between her running classmates at the playground and the little girl that currently stuck inside Miss Yongsun's office. Byul frowned, she didn’t understand why Wheein has to – what’s that again that Miss Yongsun said – ah yes, practice. Wheein need to practice because she would enter a spelling bee contest.

Byul frowned again, she didn’t get why anyone want to compete to spell bee. It’s easy, it’s just B.E.E. Even she knows it and Wheein is smarter than her, so why would Wheein need to practice instead of playing with her and their friends?

She let go of the ball that she was holding and ran into the building. Maybe if she showed Miss Yongsun that even she could spell bee, then she would let Wheein play with her instead.

Oh, she could even spell more than that, she could even do the ‘Bee for the Honey Bee Bee for the…’ because Miss Yongsun kept on repeating those words while dancing around when no else around. It kind of stuck in her head right now. Maybe if she spells it in front of Miss Yongsun while dancing as well, then the chance that she will let Wheein go play with her will go higher?

Her small pudgy hand reached the door knob with slight difficulty and she pushed it down. She walked tentatively into the room and two smiles quickly welcome her.

"BYUL!!!" Wheein beamed, cheek dimpling and her eyes formed a crescent moon, her tiny feet padded the floor toward the taller girl and hugged her tight.

"Are you here to accompany me practice?"

Byul instantly forgot the actual reason why she was standing here in the room and not running around in the playground as soon as she saw Wheein's smile. So she nodded, returning Wheein's grin with one of her own goofy smile.

"Come, sit!!"

Wheein tugged on her hand toward their headmistress / homeroom teacher and she followed obediently. Opting to sit on the wooden floor instead of the chair, she watched as Wheein stood in front of Miss Yongsun, her face full of concentration.

"Okay, so can you memorize 30 words and spell it for me?"

Wheein nodded but Byul frowned.

30 words??? So it’s not just bee? Then why call it spelling bee???

At the fifth English words that Wheein has to memorize, Byul already lost control over her own brain.

Why would anyone want to do this to themselves??

Byul watched with eyes open wide with wonder and mouth hanging open as Wheein repeated the 30 memorized words without any mistake and spelled it as well.

Her hands automatically clapped excitedly as Wheein finished, causing the smaller girl to blush and gave her a shy smile.

"WOOWW!! Did you see that Miss Yongsun?? Did you see that??? Wheeine is a genius!! My wife is a genius, Miss Yongsun!!" Byul jumped to her feet and clapped like crazy, stars shinning from her eyes as she looked at Wheein with so much pride.

Yongsun chuckled at the cute display in front of her before frowning. Okay maybe she really need to sat them down and talk to them about using the term 'wife' to each other.

She shuddered at the memory of separating the two of them each and every time their nannies want to take them home. It’s like trying to separate a hungry lion from its meal.

Byul suddenly ran out of the room, shouting 'wait here' to Wheein. Her running feet creating echoes throughout the hallway.

It took Byul exactly 2 minutes 30 seconds before she got back into the room. Out of breath and grinning like a fool, chubby cheek bunching up with a slight crease in the middle of her nose, she held up a bunch of flowers, roots still dangling at the bottom.

"Here Wheeinie!! Flowers for you because you are the most amazing girl in this whole wide world!!"

Wheein squealed and hugged Byul tightly, "Thank you!! The flowers are pretty!!"

Byul shook her head, "No, you're prettier." She grinned again and Yongsun nearly choked when she heard that.

Okay, it was kind of sweet but wait....

"Byullie, where did you get the flower?"

Byul looked up and grinned proudly, "I pulled it out from the garden, Miss Yongsun!! It’s still fresh!!"

Horror gripped Yongsun as she quickly ran to look over her glass window toward the garden and gasped out loud when saw one of her camellia shrub was in completely disarray.

Nooooooo.....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Wrote this a long time ago but just remember to post it up. Hope it makes you guys smile :)