One

Happily Ever After

 

A lone figure gazed through the playground that was currently filled with kids from the massive glass window on her office, a warm smile adorning her beautiful face. Warm cinnamon eyes twinkling merrily as she looked at all the happy faces, smiling, laughing, carefree and... wait...

 

***

Hwasa almost ignored the persistent ringing of her Smart phone but the damn thing kept on ringing and distracting her, quickly sliding the phone surface without checking the caller ID, she answered crisply, “What?”

“Whoaaa, who died?”

“Soon? My assistant! I need a Red clutch. I already have a beautiful red couture dress, and a breathtaking red shoe to match, but I still can’t find the right red clutch. I can’t believe I hired such a stupid assistant to shop for me! What I need is a BRIGHT and SHINY red clutch, not hot pink, not pink, not some God only know what kind of color that is, Magenta? Fugenta? Whatever it is, it is not the same shade of red that I needed. It’s so wrong on so many levels, my head spin with anger!”

Yongsun blinked slowly, her lips forming an ‘O’, reeling from the tirade that she didn’t expected, *What the hell was that?* she was about to comment when Hwasa started her tirade again.

“You know how hard it is to be a socialite? Do you know how harder it is to be a socialite who owns designers franchise?  I need to set an example!”

“I can call you again if this is a bad time…” said Yongsun slowly, when Hwasa once again pounced on her.

“I don’t have time to answer calls after calls, Yongsun, just hurry up and tell me, I have a red clutch to find before the end of this day.”

Yongsun swallowed painfully and say, “Well… It’s about Wheein…”

Silence.

Her explanation died on her lips when Hwasa suddenly shouted from the other line, almost making her ear bleed.

“What happened?? Is she okay? Is my daughter okay? I swear to all that is holy, Yongsun, if something happened to my precious child, I’m gonna shave your hair bald.”

“Whoooaa, easy there! Don’t you dare touch my hair! Do you know how long I have to wait for my hair to grow this long? Years! And it took time and effort to get it this shiny and....”

“Yongsun! Focus! We’re talking about Wheein here, remember? My daughter. Your god-daughter.”

“Ah right... yes, so, I was looking out the window from my office, right? and Wheein was just playing there by herself on the playground. She had this cute little drum strapped on her waist and she was hitting on it happily with the plastic sticks.”

“Oh my God! Did she poke her eyes with the sticks?? Are you telling me that my Wheein is blind now?”

“Who said anything about her being blind? Seriously!!”

“Then stop confusing me and just tell me what happened?? You are going to give me coronary at this point!”

“Have you checked your blood pressure? I mean, when is the last time you check your cholesterol?”

“Will you please stop getting distracted??”

“Ah okay, so... Where was I?”

A string of very colorful curses met her ears and Yongsun blushed beet red, “Ya!! Stop cursing at your elder!!”

“Then stop stalling! Is my princess alright or not??”

“Ah yes, so.... she was just playing by herself when a bunch of kids suddenly surrounded her, no biggie really, just a couple of boys just being boys, sharing is caring after all.....” Yongsun’s voice trailed off and Hwasa had this sick feeling on the pit of her stomach.

“So maybe there was pushing and kicking involved, and scratches and maybe..... a black eyes.... and....” Yongsun shut up when an ominous voice came from the other line. She could almost feel the dark aura coming out from her phone.

“Yongsun.”

“Yes.”

“I’m coming down there.”

“Okay.”

“Those boys better worry about their lives.”

“Ah, I don’t think you need to worry about that.”

“No one can touch my daughter and live.”

“No, really, you don’t have to worry about that. Just... well... we have other problem beside that.”

“MY DAUGHTER GOT BULLIED AND GOT HURT AND THAT’S NOT THE ONLY PROBLEM??? WHAT KIND OF KINDERGARTEN ARE YOU RUNNING THERE???”

Yongsun cringed and moved the phone a couple of inch away from her ear – lest she’ll be deaf.

“You know what? Just get here as soon as you can. You really need to see it with your own eyes to believe it.”

The phone line went dead immediately after that and Yongsun looked at her phone with a pout, “Okay, that’s rude....”

***

 

“MOMMY!!!” Wheein squealed and ran into the arms that quickly picked her up, giggling when Hwasa rain kisses all over her face, “Mommy stop!!”

Worried eyes scanned all over Wheein’s face for any kind of injury and saw none, relief flooded her body but at the same time Hwasa’s eyebrow knitted in confusion, Yongsun did say something about scratches and black eye right?

“Are you okay? How’s school today?”

A goofy grin spread on Wheein’s chubby face showing off her deep dimple and Hwasa’s heart melt instantly, “School’s good! And mommy, I got married!”

Hwasa felt her heart stop beating right there, right then – every single breath in her body left her in a single rush and she suddenly felt light headed. Wait, WHAT????

Hwasa looked over to Yongsun who stood there with another little girl beside her and Yongsun just grinned and shrugged, “This... is the other problem.”

“Mommy, put me down, I want you to meet my wife.” Wheein squirmed within her hold and Hwasa reluctantly put Wheein back on the ground. Her tiny feet barely meet the block pavement when she already rushed beside the slightly taller girl and gave her a side hug.

“Mommy, this is Byul! She’s my hero.” Wheein has stars in her eyes and Hwasa didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Crouching low until she was at least near eyes level with the little girl that had her long hair tied in a low pony tail and wearing a jeans overall with a backward snapback on her head, Hwasa noticed the tell tale of a black eye starting to form on her left eyes and knew instantly what happened.

“So... you’re the one that protect my daughter?”

Byul gripped on Wheein’s hand tightened as she looked up at Hwasa and nodded, “Yes. Wheeinie need to be protected at all cost.”

Hwasa swore that her daughter just swooned at those words, but she was barely 4 years old! How in the world can she swoon over anyone already???

“Does it hurt?” she gently asked the tiny tomboyish girl and got a shrugged in return.

Byul looked over to Wheein and the two toddlers shared a grin, “It doesn’t hurt, as long as my Wheeinie is safe.”

Hwasa raised one of her eyebrow at the answer and chuckled. Okay that was kind of sweet. This tiny human being is a heartbreaker in the making.

“Mommy, Byul is coming home with us right? since we’re married now, she’s going to stay with us right?” Wheein looked up at Hwasa and the hopeful bright fullness on her face really pulled on Hwasa’s heartstring.

“I promised Wheein I will protect her from the boogeyman too.” Byul also looked up at Hwasa with a serious determination with as much seriousness as four years old can pull off.

“Well, honey... Byul has her own family right? She needs to go home there, but I promise that you will get to meet with Byul every day, kay.”

“But married people live together, right? Why can’t Byul stay with us then?” Wheein’s bottom lips tremble and Hwasa glared at Yongsun who feigned innocence.

*help me out here!!* Hwasa looked at Yongsun and motioned with her head toward the two small children.

Yongsun narrowed her eyes and shook her head forcefully, *Oh no, your daughter, your mess.*

“Wheeinie, no... Don’t cry... you could stay with me instead! Wheeinie, you want to stay with me right?” Byul patted Wheein’s head softly and the smaller girl nodded her head vigorously and hugged the taller girl fiercely.

“Yes! Mommy, we’re staying with Byul! My mommy could come as well, right?” Wheein blinked her eyelashes prettily and Byul blushed before she quickly bopped her head up and down in agreement.

“It’s settled then!” Wheein grinned, cheek dimpling with so much happiness as she grabbed Byul’s hand and they both skipped toward the garden, peal of delighted laughter followed each of their steps without any care in the world. What does Yongsun teacher said again when two people love each other like in the story book? Oh yes, they both lived happily ever after.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Because nothing makes me smile more than imagining small Wheein running around and because we all need fluff in our life to make our days brighter. And yes, this is my way of breaking the writer's block. So if I uploaded a bunch of plotless stuff in the near future, forgive meeeee.....