어디에서 왔는지(Where Did You Come From?)

soft & sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ cross posted from my bts drabble collection ]

 

Pairing: YoonSeok

Genre: Romance, Fluff

Word Count: 1 238

 

“we’re both sitting in our backyards by the pool/sunbathing when I sneeze and then you say ‘bless you’ from the other side of the fence and I jump and swear because ‘holy you scared the hell out of me warn a guy’ and we end up talking over the fence for hours and everyday for a week until we finally see each other and oh, hello you’re hot” AU

 

The clear blue of the pool sparkled as the midday sun hit it. The surface of the water broke with a splash as wet black hair appeared. Hoseok tosses his fringe back, running a hand down his face to wipe the water away. He blinks, eyes squinting, as he wades through the water to the side of the pool. Hoseok brings his arms out, finding purchase on the cool green tiles and hauls himself up.

 

Hoseok forgoes a towel because it’s the middle of summer and the water droplets on his bare skin are a nice relief from the heat. With one hand he grabs his bottle of water while his other hand hooks onto the side of a plastic reclining chair. He drags the chair a few metres to the shade from this massive tree that towered over his fence from his neighbour’s backyard. A sigh escapes Hoseok’s lips as he flops into the chair, eyes closing.

 

A few minutes pass before Hoseok brings the water bottle to his mouth, chugging down about a quarter of the water. He caps the bottle and was about to go back into his slumber when a high-pitched sneeze sounds from somewhere nearby. Hoseok looks around in confusion, because he’s the only one home at the moment, before he realises the sound had come from through the tall white fence.

 

“Bless you.”

 

Hoseok calls through the fence, somewhat belatedly.

 

~

 

Yoongi leans on his porch’s railings as he slathers sunscreen on his legs. He curses his pale complexion because it means he burns up rather quickly in the intense summer sun. When he finally deems himself safe enough, Yoongi steps out into the light. Sunhat, sunglasses and a reflective white shirt. Yoongi takes all precaution against the sun.

 

Trudging through the yellowing grass that rises halfway up his calves, Yoongi makes his way to the very back of his yard where the huge tree was. It had long branches full of leaves that provided shade for half of Yoongi’s backyard. Once Yoongi had found a satisfying patch of shade, he unrolled the picnic rug that had been tucked underneath his arm. Then slowly, Yoongi eased onto the rug, lying down with limbs splayed out.

 

Yoongi hadn’t been lying for long before a chill ran over his spine and he sneezed abruptly. He was about to get up and find a sunnier place when a loud voice rang through the peaceful atmosphere.

 

“Bless you,”

 

Yoongi flinched violently, heart pounding in his chest.

 

“What the .” He growled, glaring at the fence where the voice had come from.

 

The voice came through again, a bit softer this time. “Sorry. Did I scare you?”

 

There was no way Yoongi was going to admit how shocked he was.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter