prologue.

the sound of clarity.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

***

 

"this is the last time you'll be coming out of the house, jennie kim," her father screeches with indignation laced across his tone. the veins in his forehead were pulsing out, and anger was apparent all over his growing red face.

jennie ran her fingers through her messy hair, her head ache still throbbing her mentality and mind itself. alcohol was stale on her breath but she could still taste the whisp of it. 

she released a sneer at the memory of last night. the heartbreak along with witnessing jiwon's long, fragile, toxic fingers underneath irene's short miniskirt. "i should have seen it coming," she dryly announces, flopping on to her bed once more. after all, she was merely a freak whom used her brain to skip the first year. he was a year older than she was and irene was a damn fourth-year. curse the age difference.

"are you even listening to me right now?" her father exhales out, absolutely speechless. "do you know how much trouble you've caused? you vandalized the university's property! not only did you do that, but you also did it while drunk as a rock. any moment longer there, i bet you would have been smoking weed as well."

"dad," she emphasized with annoyance, "i don't smoke. i don't want to get high. it was one night. i'm sorry for my mistake, it won't happen again."

"tell that to the university. your mother and i are sincerely disappointed in you, jennie. i had to pay five hundred dollars for your mistake. this shouldn't be happening. you're a smart girl, what on earth happened to you?" his eyes softened in the slightest, regret b in the depth of the old age. this was their only child and he had only wanted to see her flourish like a rose on a warm spring's day but instead she wilted into the wind.

"i'm sorry, but some happened and i just don't want to talk about it." jennie rolled herself deeper into the comfort of her room's blankets. it had been a long while since she was last back home and the musky smell of lilac and lavender filled the air. she longed to stay here forever but the look upon her father's face cancelled those thoughts. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter