Coward (I)

Beautiful Fantasy

Name: Coward

Rating: PG-13

Tags: Angst.

Inspired: 

Finished: ❌

 

 

Baekhyun and Sehun were great friends.


They didn't have long of being friends, when Baekhyun's ex-boyfriend presented Sehun as his friend from literature class, he didn't thought that the younger was going to be his support at the hour of breakup, giving him strength and making him laugh like there was no tomorrow was what help those two to become the bestest of friends.


Soon three years had passed and they couldn't be happier.


Almost every one thinks that they have opposite personalities and that it was almost impossible for the two of them to be friends.

But the truth was that they had more things in common that what every one believed.


They liked the same kind of music, jokes, sports, videogames; it was almost as if they were made for each other.

 

Spring was at its best, flowers everywhere, the delicate fresh smell from the air and the sun giving just the right amount of heat. Everything was perfect.


Baekhyun was on Sehun's apartment as every other Friday; "Boy's night" they would called it, he was sitting on the a taller's couch, eating and watching some action movie beside Sehun, when he caught himself observing Sehun's face features and not really paying attention to the movie.


Sehun's face was perfect. Baekhyun thought.


He has such a small eyes but somehow so expressing, his nose gave him the strong structure he needed, otherwise his lips were pink and dry and so kissable...Wait what?


The smaller caught himself only a mere inches away from Sehun's face with the strong need of hold him and kiss him when Sehun turned his face to look at him, giving him a sweet smile and halfmoon eyes.


"You okay, Baek?" The younger one asked with a slight worried tone on his voice. The older one only could nod and smile. "Really? Do you want to see another movie? You aren't even paying attention to it."


"No, it's fine." Baekhyun took a pair of seconds to continue. "I'm just thinking."


"Thinking and looking at my face? I mean hyung, I know I'm handsome but you don't need to be jealous." Sehun laugh and Baekhyun hit him starting to forget his thoughts about the younger one.


Only laughs could be heard.

 

The moment Baekhyun realized he liked Sehun was really shocking for him.


He went to a date with some guy and soon he noticed that he wasn't what Baekhyun wanted. But the other one kept calling him and showing in front of his apartment, Baekhyun didn't mind that much at first but when things started to get violent he was scared. 


It was Saturday and Sehun was sitting on his hyung's couch while the other was making dinner when a loud knock scared both of them. Baekhyun slowly opened the door only to find a drunk guy screaming. The younger stood up the moment the guy tried to grab Baekhyun.


Baekhyun saw how the younger was trying to protect him while he called the police.


When finally the guy was gone Sehun grabbed him and hugged him, Baekhyun didn't even realized he had tears falling down, Sehun looked really worried and it was when it hit him.


He likes Sehun.

 

 

The moment he realized he was in love with Sehun was a lot simpler.


Sehun's has always been an amazing artist, creating the most original and creative paintings.


So when he asked Baekhyun to be his model, the older didn't even hesitate.


Sehun's concentrated face, painting all over his face, combinations of colors and delicate paint fresh; Baekhyun liked everything.


When Sehun finished and Baekhyun looked at the painting, he could feel tears filling his eyes. It was beautiful. His eyes were shining, cheeks slightly colored, lips soft-looking.


He couldn't believe this was how Sehun looked at him. So beautiful.


That moment he realized he was in love.

 

 

Loving Sehun was a whole new experience. He never felt anything like it before.


"Sehun?" The older started. The moment the other one lifted his head to look at him, suddenly his words were gone. "Um...Do...You like someone?"


Sehun's eyes shine in a way Baekhyun never noticed before. A slight blush was all over his face and neck.


"I do." He simply said, in a way Baekhyun could swear it was meant for him, his feelings were meant to him. "Do you like someone hyung? If you do, Do I know that someone?"


"I do," he didn't want more questions from Sehun so he simply answered. "I don't think you know him."


Baekhyun didn't notice the melancholic look in Sehun's that after that.

 


A year passed and Baekhyun didn't say anything.


Then two years passed and still Baekhyun didn't say anything.

 

Suddenly, he started noticing small sketches of soft and rounded looking lips and delicate feminine eyes everywhere. On his Notebooks, books, napkins and even on Sehun's skin.


Sehun looked more lively and happy.

 

 


But again, he started to spend less time with the older.


It must be thanks to school, the smaller told himself every Friday Sehun cancelled his "Boy's night"

 

It was Wednesday when Baekhyun decided to visit his friend. The first thing he noticed was that the door was open and laughs could be heard inside.


He slowly enter and noticed Sehun painting with watercolors, but in front of him was a pretty and feminine girl smiling. She was the first one to noticed him and smile even brighter.


"Sehun, there's someone at your door." She said calmly.


The younger looked at Baekhyun surprised and soon gave him a small smile. "Hey hyung, what are you doing on here?"


"I just wanted to say hello, but I see you are busy, so I should go." Baekhyun said.


"Oh please don't, I was about to go." The small girl told him smiling, she grabbed her things and gave Sehun a peck on his cheeks. "Bye! see you at school, hunnie."


"See you!" Sehun told her.


She looked at Baekhyun and smile, again. "Nice to meet you, I'm Joohyun." She bowed. "You must be Baekhyun, I've heard amazing things about you." She said before getting out.


Baekhyun looked at Sehun, who was smiling.


"Who is she?" Baekhyun said trying to not make any idea on his brain.


"She's Joohyun, or my soon-to-be girlfriend."


Baekhyun could swear his heart broke.

 

 


"Was she the one you told me you liked some time ago?" Baekhyun suddenly said.


After Sehun's confession he told him he needed to do something and want to his apartment. He still could feel the suffocating while crying and the anxiety.


Sehun looked at him confused. "Uhm?" Then he opened his eyes as if remembering what he meant, his eyes turned sad. "No."


Suddenly he felt a little bit of hope. "Who was it?"


"Does it matter know?"


"Yes."


"Baekhyun, I don't think it's the most appropriate thing to-"


"Just tell me." He interrupt him.


", why do you care?! It's past know!"


"Because I have hope!" Sehun looked at him confused and angry. "Because I'm in love with you." He said in a whisper.


Sehun looked at him in way he didn't believe anything, desperation and sadness all over his face.


"No, you are not."


"I am! I've been in love with you for almost three years!"


Sehun suddenly looked angry and tried to calm himself. "Are you telling me that the person you were in love two years ago was me?" Baekhyun could only nod. "!"


Baekhyun looked at him, tears falling and biting his lips. "What?" He whispered.


"It was you!" Sehun screamed. "You were the one I was in love!"


Baekhyun wanted to die. "Why didn't you tell me?"


"Are you kidding me? You told me I didn't know the one you liked! I was afraid you'll rejected me! !"


'I-I'm sorry" he cried. "I'm so sorry." He didn't want to look at Sehun so he decided to go. And to never come back.

 

Baekhyun knew Sehun loved Joohyun with all his heart. Or at least that's what his friends tell him.


Baekhyun was a coward. He remembered himself everyday.