New

Falling You

-Mingyu’s POV-

“I screwed up,” I groaned, pacing as Minghao and Seokmin watched me. Minghao had a disapproving look on his face while Seokmin’s was laced with worry.

Everyone had removed traces of themselves, from the group chat to blocking my number. They still had Minghao’s and Seokmin’s numbers unblocked but they never bothered talking for long. Minhee ignored me despite our lockers being right next to each other and every time she did look at me, all I could see in her eyes were a mix of hurt, anger, sadness, and betrayal.

“You sure did you idiot. What were you thinking?” Minghao was almost yelling at me.

“I was being set up I swear!” I said, my voice getting louder.

“Then why did you even accept her invitation if you knew you’d be set up like this?” Minghao stood up, despite being 6cm shorter than me, and straight up glared at me. “She probably sent out an invitation to her friends too!”

“I’m an idiot okay?” I yelled and sat down. “I’m the biggest living idiot on the planet right now.”

“Heck yeah you are,” Minghao huffed as he sat down too.

“Guys, let’s not fight,” Seokmin said.

“What am I supposed to do? My heart hurts every time she ignores me,” I sighed.

“Maybe during the holidays, you can get her back,” Minghao said.

“Seungcheol came up to me yesterday and demanded I give him the house key she gave me. He also forbid me to go near her place,” I sighed again.

“Maybe when she’s out?” Seokmin suggested.

“She’ll probably ignore me,” I groaned.

I spent the rest of the holidays scheming up different ways to get Minhee back, each plan getting trashed.

We were back at school and my eyes searched for Minhee. I spotted her and she looked very happy for some reason. I heard whispers.

“Dude, the guy she’s dating is super hot.”

“Hotter than Kim Mingyu?”

“They’re on the same level in my opinion.”

“Ugh, how to be Hyun Minhee?”

“Did she get over you that quickly?” Minghao had seen Minhee too. I felt my heart sinking when she spotted someone in the crowd and ran over to give him a hug, clasping their hands together as she dragged him to her friends. Two other boys followed behind him and I guessed they were his friends. I looked at the guy holding Minhee intensely, but my eyes stopped at their hands, and I saw matching rings.

He was tall with sharp facial features, his eyes standing out the most. I usually never admitted this but he was very handsome. His cold looking eyes swept over the crowds and campus until they landed directly on me. I immediately didn’t like him when he shot a smirk at me, turning back to Minhee with a smile on his face, whispering something into her ear. She laughed at what he said and he wrapped a hand around her waist and the group left without sending even a glance in our direction.

“She just didn’t get over you Gyu,” Seokmin said. “She got a new boyfriend too.”