Fluffy and Green

Mellotachio the Teddy Bear

It was sometime past midnight and I was still hooked on my game. Tomorrow’s a day off for SHINee, so I could stay up a bit longer than usual. But damn, this game was really good and I couldn’t bring myself to stop playing it. The visual effect of the car swerving and drifting, the intricate and details of the paintjob of each and every car on the game got me excited. Not to mention the whole gameplay and plot. To put it simply, it’s an awesome game.

I was about to make a sharp turn to the right when suddenly my bedroom door creaked open. I quickly turned off my game and hid under the covers. It might be Onew-hyung, checking whether we were asleep or not and I didn’t want to be scolded. I stayed silent, pretending to be asleep.

“Jjong… Are you asleep?” I relaxed after hearing the familiar voice. I lowered my blanket and met his gaze. He was wearing an oversized white t-shirt and fluffy purple pajama pants with green dinosaurs printed on it. He even brought along Mellotachio, a green teddy bear that I bought for his birthday present during our trainee time.

“Hey, Key. I was just going to sleep. What’s up?” Key’s hair was disheveled and his eyes were rather puffy, showing just how tired he was.

“I can’t sleep. Can I stay here with you?” I smiled in response and lifted the blanket, motioning him to slip in and lie down beside me.

“This is rare. You usually have a cup of tea whenever you can’t sleep.” He snuggled cutely and played with the neckline of my black t-shirt.

“I already had a cup of tea but it didn’t work.” He mumbled and hugged me, snuggling his face closer to my chest if that’s even possible while squishing Mellotachio between us. It was such a rare case for Key to be snuggly and adorable.

“What’s up with you tonight, yeobo? You’re being overly cute.” I slip my hands around his waist and brought him closer. We could never be too close to each other. We’re like this two puzzle piece that complete each other and we’re happy about it.

“I don’t know, Jjongie… I just want to be with you.” I chuckled and kissed his forehead. I love every single thing about Key, but this part of him is very lovable.

“Well here you are with me.” He hummed in reply and we stayed in a comfortable silence for a while. “So, why did you bring this guy with you?” I hit Key’s chest with Mellotachio’s hand.

“It’s not just ‘this guy’, Jjong! It’s Mellotachio! Besides, I was hugging him before I came into your room so I figured I could bring him along.” Key released his arms from me and hugged the green bear instead.

“Why did you name him that anyway? Mellotachio sounds weird, you know. Don’t you think a simple ‘Teddy’ sounds good?”  He pulled back and raised his eyebrow, staring at me as if I had grown another head.

“Kim Jonghyun. A simple ‘Teddy’ won’t suffice! I named him Mellotachio because it reminds me of pistachios and apparently it has ‘Melon Bear’ written on his pocket. He’s special, you know? Tch, ‘Teddy’. What were you thinking?” He said in his usual diva tone. He proceeded to make faces and rubbed noses with the green teddy.

“Woah, woah, relax! I was just asking, yeobo. But what’s so special about him. I thought you like clothes and accessories better. Especially the key necklace I gave you last year.” He suddenly blushed and covered his face with the teddy bear.

“Well yeah, clothes and accessories are great… But Mellotachio has a special place in my heart. He’s… cute. He’s fluffy and green.”

“I can see that he’s fluffy and green, Key. So are the dinosaurs on your pajama pants.” I poked his thigh and he let out a small yelp. “Why does he have a special place in your heart?”

“Uhh… Because… Well because!” He pouted and hit my arm.

“You’re not answering my question, Key! Tell me, please?” I gave him my puppy dog eyes. Key bit his bottom lip and groaned.

“Because… Because you gave it to me. It was your first gift.” My eyes widened and he blushed a deep red.

“Key… That… That’s just… So adorable! Oh for heaven’s sake, all the teddy bears in the universe should be ashamed because you’re far more adorable than them!” I tilted his chin and kissed his nose. This man could be the death of me one day. He turned his back on me and hugged Mellotachio. Hehe, even the tip of his ears are red. I hugged him from behind and planted butterfly kisses along his neck, jaw line and the spot behind his ear.

“I love you, Jjong…” His whisper was quiet but it was meaningful.

“I know, yeobo.” I kept kissing his neck and his exposed shoulder.

“I love you more than you know.” His slender finger traced little hearts on my arms.

“I’m sure you do, Key.”

“I love you more than a friend, Jonghyun. More than a best friend.”

“Then you better start calling me ‘yeobo’ like you mean it, jagiya.” I just smirked when he whipped his head and stared at my face. Slowly he broke into a dazzling smile and s his arms around my neck.

“I call you ‘yeobo’ because I mean it.” When he closed our distance and gently placed his soft lips on mine, I knew this is only the beginning of a sweeter relationship.

Mellotachio the Teddy Bear, I owe you.