pt. 1: "Let's end it."

RED is the color of us

"I'm sorry. Let's just end it." I say, with heavy lidded eyes as I stood up to leave.

He grabs my hand with a grip that could leave a bruise, stopping me in my tracks. Are you saying that I should not go?

"Let's talk about this. Think it through." He pleads, not letting go.

"There's nothing to talk about. And. I've already made my decision." I grit my teeth, trying to look aloof and uninterested.

 

This is for the best.

 

I cry internally as he tries to keep me by his side. This is why it's so hard. This personality of yours that makes me come back to your side over and over again. But this time, I might not ever return.

 

"Is it because of them again? I can always arrange things for you. If you would just come with me, they won't bother you anymore. They won't hurt you anymore." His hand still tight onto mine.

"It's not that. It's just. I don't want this. I don't want this anymore. I. You. It's not working out."

"Then let's make it work. Let's do something about it. Just let the world know already."

"You. Why can't you understand?"

Tears dared to fall. Stop it. Don't. Don't remind me why I love you.

"What is it that I can't understand?" His face full of pain, I looked at his deep eyes. O how I would love to drown in them as they looked at me and only at me.

I swallow my cries. "I."

"You what? Tell me." He tightens the grip of his hand. I wince in slight pain.

"I don't love you anymore." I wanted to faint. I wanted to take it back then and there. It took everything that I had just to say those few words. Please. Just let me go.

His eyes then became blank. His grip loosens, until finally he let go.

"Fine. If that's how it is." He looked at me judgingly. His gaze were like daggers. He looked like he had enough.

"Then, goodbye." I turned around as I tried to contain my sobs. I started to walk out the cafe, each step heavier than the last.

 

Goodbye. Goodbye. Tears fell one at a time, blurring my already weak vision.

 

One thing that I pray is that you know that I DID love you.