pt. 2: "Where has the sun gone?"

RED is the color of us

Alone in my room, I stared at the cold pavements outside the rain drop drizzled window. A week has now passed.

 

My phone rang and vibrated in its place. I stared at it as it lights up my dark room. 

 

A dark world was where I now lived. Never setting my foot out my door. Lights turned off. The only source of light, my phone and the dim rays from outside the grey colored world behind the window.

 

Rain dropped heavily on the rooftop, cars going by in front of my house once in a while. The neighbor's dog's bark ringing every so often. And a familiar voice also rang, but it was only in my head.

 

"Fine. If that's how it is." Over and over again, it was on replay, like a broken disc. His cold voice.

 

His image as well comes into my head. His blank eyes that suggested that he wanted me out of his life. That he was tired of me. 

 

Why couldn't my last memory of you be of you smiling at me, or calling my name with your gentle and soothing voice.

 

I walked sluggishly to my bed where my phone was placed. I looked at it. 

 

20 missed calls. 7 voice mails.

 

I can't be like this. I should. I should let my life move once again.

 

I clicked my phone, letting the voice mails play.

 

"Hey. I heard what happened. You okay? Let's go out. Take your mind off things." *beep*

"Was that really true? What happened? You were just laughing together the other week? Sorry to be rude, but is it really true?"*beep*

"Hey, you okay, girl? What happened? Need a hanky? I'm here. Call me."*beep*

"Why aren't you calling back? I came by the other day, weren't you home?"*beep*

"Hey there. Just wanted to know if you were doing okay. Call me if you need someone to listen." *beep*

 

Annoying calls. I don't need anymore reminders. We were finished. Everybody knew. 

 

 

How did they know?

 

 

Did he tell them?

 

 

Was this really a trivial matter to him?

 

 

Was I that easy to forget?

 

 

Was everything so easy to forget?

 

*beep*

The last voice mail came.

 

I wanted to shut it off, but a cold voice rang out of it, making my spine crawl. My hand hovered atop my phone, frozen in fear.

 

"You did a good job."

 

A long pause. A few ragged happy chuckles could be heard in between breaths.

 

"I won't be bothering him anymore as promised. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to be messing with you. 

 

Don't worry. I'll be as gentle as possible."

 

The light was gone. 

Black clouds came in, thicker and fuller.

 

It was completely dark, pitch black in every direction. 

 

Only one thing embraced me in my solitude. 

 

It was the cold wet air devoid of any light.

 

Teardrops dared to fall.

 

 

 

Where has the sun gone?

 

 

 

 

 

Where has MY sun gone?