A test of will

Sparkles to Die for (VIXX)

Dominique was not used to seeing people coming splashing out of her river. It wasn't even a proper river, just a shallow trickle of water, sliding past her grandmother's garden. But when little creaks with normally mere inches of water began spitting waterfalls and unconcious human beings, questions would just have to wait. She called her grandmother.

~~*~~

Soo Yani was tired of waking up in places she didn't remember walking to on her own two feet. She still appreciated the feel of a proper blanket covering her, though. felt weird, but she felt clean and comfortable. This time, she woke slowly while still half-dreaming, remembering all the events leading up to the present without really reacting to anything. She knew she had seen some crazy , and if that didn't mean she was crazy, it sure meant the world was a lot crazier than she'd originally thought. This was way out of her league. She needed to reassess, figure out the truth behind this madness. In the mean time, she would stretch. Maybe sleep for another five minutes. Maybe an hour or two.

The smell of fish frying pushed that notion aside. A rumble sounded through the room, and Yani had to think twice before realizing the sound came from inside of her.

"Grandma'~!" A voice called out from the foot of the bed. "She's awake~!" Yani's stomach growled again. "And she's really hungry!"

 ~~*~~

Hongbin felt cheated. N told him to breathe life into a pretty crystal, and he did. Leo got mad at him. N told him to protect a young woman from Ravi, and he tried. Then she fell, possibly to her death, possibly because of him. N was also the one who had told Leo to find the woman in the first place. Now, she was probably dead. And Hongbin hated the thought.

"She's gone. Where did she go? I can't see her. She's gone." Leo whispered to who knew what. Probably talking to his stones, or maybe the crystals. The crystals looked nice. They really knew how to reflect a god's natural radiance. Hongbin could grow used to this.

"Hongbin," Ravi called, snapping his fingers in front of Hongbin's nose, "Why are you here? Why did you really come?" Hongbin really didn't know what to answer. "I'm sorry, but I thought you'd kill someone, and now she's dead because of me instead" didn't quite cut it. "N told me to come," he said.

~~*~~

Yani had no idea where she was or who she was facing, but damn the food was tasty. It was official: Foodgasms were real, and the table before her definitely made for food. That certainly made it easier to ignore the pair of huge, round eyes staring at her from across the table.

"Are you an angel?" The absolutely adorable girl asked her. Yani shook herself. That was a woman, probably her own age. What was she calling her a girl for? But she was adorable. No arguing there. Huge brown eyes, and hair falling naturally pretty around a really round face. She had always imagined "a round face" described someone fat, but suddenly all those "face like the moon" descriptions in the old fairy tale books made sense. A naturally round face, no extreme levels of fat to it, was right in front of her, staring, and it was beautiful. She was beautiful.

"No," Yani slowly responded, "I thought... you were..."

The girl-woman giggled. "I guess we're both angels, then." Yani blushed. And then they were both laughing, for whatever reason, and it wasn't so bad. She'd been kidnapped, interrogated, and had nearly died by accidental suicide, but all of a sudden none of that mattered. She could almost forget it all. All, except for that one ray of sunshine. She wondered what his name was. He'd been yummy...

~~*~~

"Hongbin!"

N was screaming, but Hongbin pretended he couldn't hear him. Three distraught, vengeful gods walk into a cave. It sounded like a joke. He wondered what the pun would be.

"Ravi!"

Ravi didn't really react, either. He just stood there, arms crossed, frowning down at the self-proclaimed psychic.

"Where. Is. My. Crystal?" Leo asked, jumping a little with each word, pushing the air out of N. Hongbin wasn't sure how, exactly, N could answer anything without air in his lungs, but, well, he seemed to do okay so far, despite having an angry boulder-god on his back, pushing him into the floor.

"I told you already! She's with the goddess!" N shouted, frustration oozing.

"Goddess?" Hongbin felt his ears twitch. "Which goddess?"

"The one I told him to find!" N glared. "The pretty girl, Soo Yani, of Beijing university. Exchange student. Sunkissed, black hair, brown eyes."

"Everyone has black hair and brown eyes..." Ravi mumbled, shaking his head.

"He found her, though, didn't you, Leo?" N asked, triumphantly, "I gave you the time and location, and you picked her up, first try."

"Seriously?" Ravi asked, wide-eyed, "You actually found her, with that description?"

"Beijing is a moonlight city. No one else had a tan." Leo mumbled.

"Wow," Ravi exhaled, "Colour me impressed."

"Colour you what?" Leo asked, and Hongbin couldn't take any more.

"None of that matters! Because you told me to get her from Ravi, I ended up scaring her, and now she's dead!" Hongbin screamed, "She's dead! And it's our fault! And most of all; yours!"

N gave him a weird look. "But... She's not. She's with the crystal. She's safe."