Welcome to Insanity

Sparkles to Die for (VIXX)

"Wow." Yani stared at the two gorgeous men in front of her, and knew she was gaping. She couldn't help it, though. Her jaw had literally gone slack.

"I'm sorry," Hunk 1 said. He was slim in a way that made him seem really tall, though Yani doubted he was more than, say, 10cm taller than her. Nice match, but even better? He was the one with the dark, hoarse voice she was beginning to really like. Hunk 1? No, Kind 1.

Hunk 2 just stared at her all the while, eyes wide. He looked a bit like a spooked cat, if a spooked cat ever stretched 180+. The man might've been 190cm, as far as Yani could tell, and he had wide shoulders. The shoulders tipped her off. He was definitely her kidnapper. Raising an eyebrow, she looked at him with challenge in her eyes. "So?" she asked, "Care to tell me what I'm doing here? Why you took me - stole me - from my university, without warning?"

He kept staring, never breaking eye contact, though his shoulders bunched. Maybe he was embarrassed. Maybe he was just shy. For some reason, the idea of such a huge man being shy because of her made her all soft inside. She nearly made gooey sounds. Nearly.

He leaned over to Kind 1 and whispered something in his ear, then sat back and continued his adorable cat stare. Kind 1 cleared his throat before saying: "Leo is sorry for coming unannounced, and for pulling you away like that, but he desperately needs your help," and he added, in a sour dry tone, "and for some reason, he's convinced you're the only one who'll do." Leo the Catman nodded eagerly.

"Oh, I see," Yani said, flabbergasted, "And what's your name, if I may ask?" She looked over at Kind 1 for a minute, catching the exact moment he realized he'd been too buzy apologizing to properly introduce himself. He blushed a little, then shook it off, replying: "You can call me Ravi." Somehow, Yani suspected neither of them used real names right now, but would she not have done the same? She silently forgave them in her heart, and resolved to call them "Leo" and "Ravi" for as long as they wanted her to. "Well," she said, looking up at the two men, absently noticing how quickly she'd grown used to their extreme levels of handsomeness, "It's nice to meet you two. Leo. Ravi." She gave each of them a polite nod, and they nodded back. For a moment, she felt sorry to break up the party. It was so rare to find not one, but two gentlemen at one time, who actually showed good manners. Handsome, too. But she had to go home. "It's been... an experience," she said, "But I need you to take me back now."

Leo practically disintegrated in front of her. He crumbled to the floor, appearing to the world to be half dead or maybe just very uncomfortably asleep. Ravi let go of a sigh, and said: "I'm afraid that will be difficult."

Yani wasn't exactly surprised to hear it. She'd known she had had a very small chance of being released, once she'd realized she'd been kidnapped. She had simply hoped... and her panic came floating back in, as her rescuer failed to rescue her, as her rescuer turned out to simply be her second captor.

Fighting to keep her breathing normal, she tried to think rationally. "So," she said, "I'm a captive, is that how it is?" Ravi shook his head. Leo stayed on the floor, on his knees, leaning on his head. "I'm... a hostage?" she tried again. Ravi shook his head harder. "No," he said, "You're neither. It's just..." He hesitated, looking for the right way to phrase it. Whatever it was, Yani didn't like how much time he needed to think about it in order to find the right word. This couldn't be good. Good things never took that long to be shared.

"We do need your help," Ravi finally sighed.

Then the wall caved in.

"Who is she? Why is she here? What is this?" someone wheezed into the room. A bright light shone through the hole in the wall, and in entered a glowing man. There was no other way to put it; the man was literally glowing.

"What are you doing here?" a light voice breathed through the room. As Yani realized where it had come from, she felt her eyes grow wide. Such a manly man, so tall, such broad shoulders, such a severe presence, yet his voice... was nothing short of beautiful. She wondered for a moment what Leo would have sounded like singing, but her train of thought derailed as she realized who they were talking about, yet again in third person.

"I was summoned," the manshaped lantern exclaimed, "N sendt me a vision. Told me to save her, that I would need her soon."

"And you think you can walk away from here, just like that, after what you've done?" Leo asked, iron in his words, barely covered by the velvet of his voice.

"She had to come out, Leo," the giant lightbulb sighed, and for some reason, Yani felt like "she" might not be her own self this time.

"She was fine as an it, Hongbin!" Leo shouted, "If you'd never given her life, she wouldn't have needed a thing! Not a thing." Leo breathed heavily, and Yani felt either a storm or a big cry was going to happen, possibly both. Either way, she was done with this drama. She begun backing up, not knowing where she would end up, not caring as long as it was far away from this crazy lot. She realized her mistake when Ravi met her eyes, then paled. He reached out towards her, but he was too far away, and she fell.

Well, she thought to herself, this would be an awful way to die.

Darkness swallowed her, leaving two gaping shadows and a man-shaped lantern far above.