prologue

Deceitful Angel

"Your cousin sent me." A man, in his late-twenties, said before entering the small room where I live. He roamed his eyes around the place before looking at me. "Are you living alone in this place?" he asked, but I refused to answer. I was taken aback when he suddenly entered my house. "Ms. Villafuerte, please answer my question. This is urgent."

I squinted my eyes towards him. "Well, I'm not answering anyone unless I know them. In this case, you." I crossed my arms as I looked at him intently. "And I don't care if my cousin sent you or if you're one of her spawns. You don't have the right to enter this as if you own it."

He raked his hair in frustration. "Listen. We don't have much time left. They might arrive here soon." They? What is he talking about? "Now, answer me. Are you living alone in this place?"

"Why?" I asked. "Why do I need to answer your question?"

He sighed heavily. "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but here's the thing... your life is in danger."

"WHAT? WHY?"

"Ask questions later. Now, answer me. Are you living alone here?"

"Yes."

"Good. Now, let's go," he said as he dragged me towards the door.

"Where to?"

"Somewhere safe." He, then, threw something inside my room before closing the door behind us. We dashed downstairs and entered the car. Followed by the ear-piercing fire alarm.

"What did you do?" I asked as I watched the raging fire in my room from the car's rear view mirror as we drove away from the condominium.

"Clearing the evidences. That should be enough to erase your scent." He revved up the engine and headed towards the highway. "Now, we're good to go."

[ a/n : i don't have a solid plot. i'll just go with the flow. ]