Perfect Strangers

Perfect Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Shim Changmin, you can’t do this to me!”

Ryeowook grabs Changmin by his arm only to get himself dragged across the airport. Changmin’s stronger than him, of course and Changmin doesn’t budge. When Changmin finally does stop dragging Ryeowook across the airport, he stops abruptly and Ryeowook bangs straight into his solid chest and steps back, pouting.

“Why are you doing this to me!?” Ryeowook hisses, rubbing his forehead. “I don’t want to sit next to him. For. Nine. Freaking. Hours.”

“Oh come on, Ryeowook!” Changmin whines, “Kyuhyun and I are going to play games and we’re going to be in the same team so it’ll be easier if we’re sitting next to each other.”

“But… But… I’m awkward… With…. Him.”

Changmin raises his brows, “No, you’re not!”

“Yes, I am. Have you ever seen me next to him ever?”

“Well… I’ve seen the two of you hug.”

“On my radio show, of course!” Ryeowook exhales tiredly, “I’ve never even snapped a selca with just him.”

“Well,” Changmin pauses handing his boarding pass to the security who checks it. He waits for Ryeowook once he’s done and continues walking when Ryeowook joins him and the both of them head into the airplane, “You have nine hours. I’m sure you’ll be able to take loads of selfies with him by the time we land.”

“Shim Changmin,” Ryeowook hisses but Changmin only snickers and claps Ryeowook’s back, grabbing Ryeowook’s ticker and then shoving his ticket into Ryeowook’s hand and just like that, they’ve successfully switched seats.

Feeling defeated, Ryeowook drags himself to what-was-supposed-to-be Changmin’s seat. The seat next to his is empty and Ryeowook guesses what his seatmate must still be walking in with the others since most of his hyungs were also not in the airplane yet. Thankfully, Ryeowook gets a window seat and so he makes himself comfortable despite his nervous state.

When he hears loud howls of laughter and chattering, he knows that the rest must be making their way into the airplane. He spots Eunhyuk and Donghae bickering in their own little world as they find their seats, The rest of s appear one by one, heading to their seats and finally, Ryeowook sees him. He looks down to his boarding pass and then walks towards his seat, which is right next to Ryeowook and when their eyes meet, he exchanges a kind smile with Ryeowook.

“Let me guess,” He chuckles lightly, “Changmin forced you to switch, didn’t he?”

Ryeowook can only smile innocently and he tips his head back and laughs, shaking his head. Storing his carry on aside, he finally settles into the seat next to Ryeowook and Ryeowook panics just for a minute because he doesn’t realize how close they will be seated next to each other until he feels his seatmate’s arm brushing against his. . How was he going to survive for the next nine hours?

They do their own things for awhile, Ryeowook pretending to text while his seatmates also looks busy with his own phone until they hear an announcement from the pilot, telling them to switch off their phones as they’re about to take off. Ryeowook sighs and switches off his phone, setting it aside.

“So….” Ryeowook clears his throat, wanting to start up a conversation. Even if he feels awkward, this is still his sunbae and co-worker, they’re talking about. He cannot be disrespectful and ignore him for the rest of the flight.

Ryeowook however is distracted when he hears a snicker, he glances to the seat across them and realizes that it’s Leeteuk and Heechul. Heechul’s grinning at them while Leeteuk looks confused and perhaps a little worried.

“Eh,” Leeteuk tilts his head, “Yunho ah, why are you sitting next to Wookie?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter