Shy Boy

Shy Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A night turns into a late morning, Jongin sleeping comfortably, lips curving into a little smile in his sleep. The sleepy male turns on his side, yawning when a good dream ends, brain trying to decide whether to drift back to sleep or to wake up. He ends up being in a state where he hears the reality around him though eyes staying closed. The yawn reforms, and a little tired groan leaves his lips.

 

‘What day is it..Saturday? Thank god I don’t have to get up early...’

 

So the eyes stay closed and he shifts again, trying to find a good position to sleep in, hugging an extra pillow he had found. Jongin takes a deep breath, and a weird but sweet scent lingers into his nose.

 

‘Wait.’

‘Where the hell am I.’

‘Not at home.’

 

The eyes shot open but there’s pitch black. Jongin takes a look at his body in the dark. He doesn’t have a hangover but he’s and most importantly not in his own bed. And then he hears someone singing somewhere in the apartment, and the flashbacks come -but not alone. A wide, really wide smile spreads on his face and he dives back in the covers, sniffing them even more now that he knew who was the owner of the bed. A faint, soft voice still echoes into his ears, and he uses that as a lullaby, gladly letting it guide him back to sleep.

 

It takes an hour until he wakes up again when a doorbell rings. He sits up, rubbing his eyes when the bell rings for the third time. ‘Am I supposed to open the door? This is not my home.’

Nevertheless, he jumps up and stumbles as he tries to find his own pieces of clothing, managing to get his boxers and the dress shirt of his on though not quick enough to button it when he flies further into the apartment. He makes his way to the door, opening it without checking who was about to come in. He doesn’t know what he looks like but the face the ‘visitor’ makes tells enough.

 

“I thought you had left meanwhile-” the blushing tiny male says, obviously trying hard to keep the eye-contact and not to look down despite the temptation. Jongin chuckles with a raspy morning voice and closes the door once Kyungsoo had stepped inside.

“Well who else would open the door for you then~”

“I forgot the keys.” he explains, sitting down on the kitchen table along with a newspaper. Coffee mugs were ready on the table, along with a huge breakfast setting. Jongin’s mouth waters at the sight. The breakfast, I mean. Eyes definitely not landing on the other male’s behind as he sits down. Nope, not at all.

 

“Go get some clothes at first please-” Kyungsoo states quietly when he notices Jongin moving the chair, about to sit down on it on the other side of the table.

“Are you afraid your perfect breakfast table will get ruined if I won’t?”

“Yes.”

“Okay, I will go then- On one condition” Jongin says mysteriously, walking to Kyungsoo’s side.

The smaller male looks startled, small eyes widening and looking up at Jongin who had a smirk of a winner on his face. They just stared at each other for a long moment, and eventually Kyungsoo’s cheeks had turned red, not able to look back anymore and he turns back to the newspaper. Jongin uses his chance, quickly pecking the other’s reddened cheek only to turn around.

Though the running steps he had planned to take were ceased, and the whole kitchen and the two people in there freeze in their places. The only thing moving in the apartment was the front door. And perhaps the uninvited person who was in the corridor already.


 

Jongin’s mind starts running wildly, eyes looking around in panic and trying to think some place to hide.

‘Who has a key for Kyungsoo’s home?’

‘Does he have a girlfriend? A boyfriend?’

‘..Even a fiancé?’

‘ Had he lied to me about everything..?’

 

. He was in trouble. And so was Kyungsoo.

 

Some kicking of shoes are heard from the corridor, and garments are thrown on the floor too. Kyungsoo gulps nervously.

‘He wasn’t supposed to come here until the evening…’

When Jongin doesn’t make any effort moving from his awkward position, Kyungsoo moves his hand to point the chair across the table, giving a death glare for the other to make Jongin move fast to sit on the chair. Acting casual was the only thing they could do right now.

 

And Jongin does as asked -almost. He takes careful, slow movements towards the given direction as if tiptoeing there in order to not to be heard sneaking there. And maybe he wasn’t actually heard, but instead even worse. A tall, dark looking person stands there on the doorframe of the kitchen, halting his movements when looking at the two scared males.

 

There’s a long silence floating in the air, no one brave enough to open their mouth to say something. Until both Kyungsoo and Jongin blabber out something to start the conversation.

“I didn’t kn--” “I TOLD YOU NOT TO COME YET”

Jongin’s silent words were crushed by Kyungsoo’s sudden rage. His cheeks were flaming red, staring deep into the visitor’s eyes. And only then Jongin dares to actually take a closer look at the quest. He looked familiar, way too familiar. He was--

 

“Why would- When-...What is going on? I’m really sorry I really didn’t know you two were dating and had this kind of problems-”

 

Kyungsoo looked like he was about to faint by now but Tao’s reaction was priceless. The tall male starts laughing like a little child, giggling and holding his stomach until he needs to kneel down to calm himself.

“This is not funny you !!1”

Kyungsoo shouts and it makes the other to laugh even more. Meanwhile Jongin looked back and forth the two males, not having a clue about the situation anymore. When finally Tao manages to calm his breath, he stands up and takes a seat by the table. He was still holding a wide, evil smirk apparently Kyungsoo didn’t like one bit.

 

“I was just about to check you since you didn’t answer your phone, sweetie.”

“Don’t call me by that name you slimy clumsy er.”

Jongin raises his eyebrows at the insult the smallest male threw for Tao. This was almost getting interesting if just forgotten the fact that Jongin didn’t have a clue if he was going to get punched by the rather- well, gayish tall male who happened to be his company last evening.

 

If ever, now was a perfect time to try to remember what his yesterday’s actual date had been talking about himself. Wushu..that’s what he had mentioned but Jongin didn’t give a chance for himself to believe that. But what if he spoke the truth and was soon going to knock him out because Jongin had been ing Kyungsoo last night without Tao knowing..? In the background the old pair was arguing and Kyungsoo was sending improper words at Tao nonstop. was about to get real, and Jongin needed to get away from the apartment as soon as possible.

 

Sneaking out wasn’t an option, that would be too risky and Jongin definitely wasn’t a coward. He was about to talk himself out of this. Yes, he was mature. This is the way adults ought to figure out things.

 

“Um- I’m sorry to interrupt you two..” the males sitting on the table turn to look at Jongin, as if they had forgotten there was also a third wheel in the room still. Tao gives a curious look, nodding to give the other an opportunity to speak.

 

“I sincerely apologize for all the problems I’ve caused. I really didn’t know what the situation was. If you now forgive me, I’d leave the apartment so you two can talk privately. I wish all the good for you two. I hope you can solve this out and continue your relationship happily.”

 

On the outside Jongin was being mature, having a stern expression on his face while he spoke, hoping to get out of the situation fast. But on the inside, he was in shock and not believing Kyungsoo had lied to him the whole time. And totally not believing he himself let the other lure him like this. He almost felt his heart breaking but not quite, it was only cracking due to his own stupidity.

 

He’s about to leave the kitchen quietly, too ashamed to look the other two in the eyes anymore. This was so stupid, why did he believe that idiot cutie boy with short black hair, judging manner and obvious moodswings. Kim Jongin, you just ed up so badly.

 

“Wait-!”

 

In the broken silence echoes the shout Kyungsoo had let out. Jongin turns to look back, only to witness how Tao holds his stomach again, rolling to the floor when not able to keep himself on the chair with all the laughing that came out silently. He was just shaking uncontrollably on the floor. Someone out of the situation might have thought he was having some kind of an attack, epilepsy or something-

 

Kyungsoo stands up from his seat, kicking hard the laughing male before getting out of the kitchen and leading Jongin back to the bedroom. By now, Jongin was so confused he just followed Kyungsoo without questions.

 

“Listen. Me and Tao. are. not. dating.”

“...you are..not. dating?”

 

“He is one mothering best friend of mine.”

“..Oh.”

 

That explains.

Jongin tries to get a hold of reality, sitting on the edge of the bed with his heavy thoughts. Kyungsoo looked awkward, really irritated by the fact that Tao had just stomped inside the apartment as if he owned it. Kyungsoo had just given him the spare key in case of emergency, not to ruin a romant- a breakfast. A normal breakfast with a guest.

 

“So you Tao isn’t jealous..?”

“No.”

“..and he came here because he is..?”

“Stupid. An idiot. Mothering . And he’s just about to leave.”

 

Kyungsoo ends the sentence like a fortune teller, stomping out of the room to catch Tao by his shirt, leading the tall -still laughing- male to the front door. Jongin runs after to see what was happening, only to witness the opening do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter