Prologue: Our little Snow White

Snow White and Seven Uncles

[This is the prologue of Snow White and Seven Uncles. It begins with over 9 month pregnant Ha-Jin and her family. She was often cared by her husband Wang So-Ho and his family. And when the baby was about to come out, how would everyone react?]

 

 

The house of Wang’s were peaceful, filled with the sweet lullaby of pregnant woman singing for her unborn child. In the living room, Ha-Jin was cleaning the baby clothes for her baby. According to the hospital, it was confirmed that it was daughter. Remembering her previous life where she had left her daughter Seol, she was determined to stay with her in this life. 
She was not the only one who was having a shopping for baby’s clothes. Her good friend Chae-Yung, Woo-Bi, Eun-Hyuk’s girlfriend Seon-Deok, Sang-Wook’s wife Myung-Ha, and the mother-in-law Oh Soo-Young had picked some for Ha-Jin’s unborn daughter.

“This one’s pretty.” Ha-Jin said as she picked up the small purplish grey dress with pink ribbon, picked by Woo-Bi.

She felt her unborn child moving inside.

“Does our princess love auntie’s dress too?”

“I can’t wait to see our niece! She’d be so cute if she looks just like you.” Myung-Hee smiled as she glanced at Ha-Jin’s swollen stomach.

Her husband So-Ho was busy at his work, along with his brothers. Although he insisted on staying with her, she persuaded him to go to work as her friends would take care of her. Baek-Ahn and Jung-In gave Ha-Jin’s unborn child goodbye as they left. Recently retired chairman Wang Tae-Geon returned from buying fruits as Soo-Young chopped the apples for the girls and soon-to-be grandfather.


Meanwhile, So-Ho was impatiently tapping his fingers. It’s been five hours and he heard nothing from his house. As much as he was appreciating his mother, and Ha-Jin’s friends taking care of his wife, he couldn’t help but feel anxious. Noticing the new CEO’s behaviors, Seon-Deok’s father Park Soo-Ha smiled teasingly.

“What’s the matter? Can’t wait to see your wife soon?”

Jumped in surprise, So-Ho screamed at him with irritation.

“Since when did you came here? Have you knocked your boss’ door before you enter?”

With a mocking surprised expression, Soo-Ha proceeded.

“Oh, I forgot,” he closed the door, knocked twice and entered, “better?”

Wang brothers scoffed in amazement at the manager’s antics. So-Ho sighed heavily as he went back to watch the sky from the window.

“Soon…my child will be born…and I’m quite scared…”

“Scared? What for? We told you millionth times you’ll be a great father. Besides the doctor said Ha-Jin’s conditions are great.” Eun-Hyuk spoke up.

“I know…but I’m still freaking out…”

He then felt a painful slap from back of his head. He turned to see Yo-Sub, who looked annoyed at his brother’s behaviors.

“Stop pacing around, idiot! You’re not the only one nervous.”

“The girls will take care of her, what could possibly go wrong?” Jin-Mu said with assuring smile, patting So-Ho’s shoulder.

Then, they heard the phone rang. Sang-Wook picked it up and put it on the speaker.

“Myung-Ha?”

He could hear the alarmed, uneasy voice of her wife.

“It’s Ha-Jin! She—she…”

Hearing his wife’s name, So-Ho approached, literally shoving Sang-Wook to the side.

“What? What’s going on?!” He demanded.

“SHE’S IN LABOR!”

The silence, and then…

“WHAT?!” All Wang brothers exclaimed.

Wang Brothers left the work to confused Park Soo-Ha and went to the hospital where Ha-Jin was sent. They asked the nurse about the room where Ha-Jin stay in which she replied. Hearing enough information, they all arrived at the hallway of the floor where Myung-Ha, Chae-Yung, Woo-Bi, Seon-Deok, and Soo-Young waits. Even their father Tae-Geon was sitting on his seat, looking even more nervous. So-Ho entered the room, revealing his wife Ha-Jin laid on the white, ward bed.

“Ha-Jin! Are you alright?”

She only smiled and nodded her head.

“I’m okay. I’m fine,” she looked down at her stomach, “looks like our princess wanna see daddy, huh?”

So-Ho pecked on her cheeks.

“I’ll stay with you…,” So-Ho grabbed her hand, “You’ll be alright.”

Ha-Jin nodded her head. Then, she felt another pain in her stomach. She groaned as she held her husband’s hand tighter.

“Ha-Jin, what’s wrong?”

The doctor and nurses came with their mask.

“Are you Ms. Go Ha-Jin’s husband?” The doctor asked.

So-Ho frantically nodded his head. The surgeon/doctor told him he could stay with his wife while the rest of his family have to wait outside.


Back at outside, the Wang family and Ha-Jin’s friends were fidgeting as they were sitting on the chair. They flinched as they kept listening the painful from the inside the delivery room. Jin-Mu had his legs shaking with worry. Yo-Sub and Jae-Won seemed composed but tensed at the same time. Wook was holding his wife’s hands tightly for Myung-Ha was a big sister to Ha-Jin during their younger days. Woo-Bi and Seon-Deok glanced at one another, didn’t imagine how hard was it to give a birth to a child. Chae-Yung bit her lips as she prayed for Ha-Jin, unaware of Jae-Won’s hand on her shoulder. Tae-Geon closed his eyes as his wife was pacing.

‘Wang So-Ho! You better be protecting your wife well…!’ They all thought.


Inside the delivery room, Ha-Jin bit her lips, groaning in pain. So-Ho was gripping her hand tightly, wishing the pain was over soon. The nurses prompted her to use all of her strength to push harder. Fearing what will happen to her child, with all her might, she screamed and used one more strength. 

And then… she heard a small wailing as she exhaled. So-Ho unconsciously sat back to his seat as his wife finally gave birth.

“Congratulation,” the doctor announced, “you have a beautiful princess.”

Outside the room, the whole family and friends heard the newborn’s cry. Unable to take their emotions anymore, they all shout.

“I AM AN UNCLE!!!!!” Wang Brothers yelled happily.

“I AM AN AUNT!!!!” Ha-Jin’s friends squealed in tears of happiness.

“WE’RE GRANDPARENTS!!!” Tae-Geon and Soo-Young jumped in elation.


As much as So-Ho didn’t want to leave, he was forced to go to work along with his brothers. Gladly, after weeks they were able to see the mother and her daughter. Jin-Mu brought his little twins, Heung-Gyu and Gyeong-Hwa. Yo-Sub also brought his only son Gyeong-Won. The Wang family met Ha-Jin who had an immediate recovery and she was holding her daughter.

Ha-Jin’s friends were nervous for they couldn’t wait to see her daughter and when she showed her baby to them, they silently squealed. Soo-Young smiled widely as Tae-Geon chuckled.

“Oh my god~! She’s the most precious baby I’ve ever seen in my whole life!!!” Chae-Yung almost burst in tears.

“She’s so small!!!” Seon-Deok wanted to touch the baby as she pointed at the infant’s clutching tiny hands.

Myung-Ha smiled warmly as she slightly touched the baby’s cheek.

“She’s beautiful, just like her mother.”

Then, Wang brothers came in as they crowded the room.

“Ha-Jin~!” Eun-Hyuk called out to his sister-in-law, “may we see our niece?”

She nodded with smile and showed her daughter to them. Taking a good look, the brother-in-laws couldn’t help cooing at the baby. Even the single father Yo-Sub was awestruck by Ha-Jin’s newborn daughter as he only blinked his eyes. Jin-Mu smiled as he let his children see her.

“Wow, she’s really tiny…,” Heung-Gyu mused in awe, “is she sleeping?”

Ha-Jin nodded her head. Gyeong-Hwa peeked up.

“Y’ know, when she grow up I bet she’d be cute as rabbits.”

Sang Wook grinned as he was melting by the sight of the baby. Eun-Hyuk, Baek-Ahn, and Jung-In was already in love with their niece.

“She’s the most cutest baby I’ve ever seen in my entire life!” Jung-In literally muttered in anxiety as he couldn’t take his eyes off from her.

“I can’t wait to teach her how to use the slingshot,” Eun-Hyuk said in euphoria, “that’s like, my favorite thing to teach.”

“Goodness. Now I also want a baby…” Baek-Ahn sighed, receiving the kick from Woo-Bi, much to his father’s amusement.

They heard the door opened, revealing So-Ho who has returned from his work. Ha-Jin smiled as he walked over. Gently, she uncovered the sheet that concealed her daughter’s face. He froze as he felt the spark when he eyed on his daughter. His little snow white.

“Would you like to hold her?” Ha-Jin asked.

Reluctantly, he nodded his head. Inwardly, he was afraid he might break such fragile snow as she let him hold their child. Carefully, his arms had his daughter around protectively.

“I wanted you to name our baby…,” his wife said, “what would you like to name her?”

So-Ho turned towards the window where the little snow falling from the outside. It was a night and he was able to make such perfect name.

“Seol… Her name will be Seol,” he managed to speak as he stared at the sleeping baby, “her skin is white as snow just like her mom.”

Looking at one another, Wang family nodded their head in agreement.

“Like a princess Snow White? It’d be totally cool!” Jin-Mu’s daughter jumped happily.

Then they all noticed the baby was moving. She was squirming as her little fingers clenched then released. were wide open as she was yawning.

“Seol’s waking up!” Baek-Ahn whispered to his brothers.

So-Ho just stood, frozen. His little Seol had opened her eyes and she was looking directly at him, then at Ha-Jin. Seol looked back at her father. Her little finger touched the spot where So-Ho’s barely seen scar remained. 

Then, she giggled with smile, receiving many “awws” from the crowd. Her two hand was reaching for her father. So-Ho blinked his tears back. During his life back in 10th century, he never get to hold his daughter when she was born. Now that he did, it would mean he will also hear her first words, and see her first steps. He would see Seol grow up into a beautiful lady as she was back in old time when he was born as Wang So, Gwangjong. And now, So-Ho could imagine grownup Seol stood at the aisle with white wedding dress, smiling at her father.

He didn’t realized his eyes turned wet as many tears flow restlessly from his eyes, alarming Ha-Jin and others. They had never seen So-Ho cry before. With his heavy sighs, So-Ho smiled in uncontrollable euphoria as he embraced his child, wailing silently. Tae-Geon and Soo-Young only stared at one another with alarmed expression. Jin-Mu sighed with tiny smile. Yo-Sub was utterly confused and surprised for he had never seen his brother’s tears. Wook smiled as he held his wife, Myung-Ha whose hands brushed off her tears also. Jae-Won was busy trying to stop Chae-Yung from crying also as he gave her tissues. Baek-Ahn, Eun-Hyuk and Jung-In only looked at his brother with teary eyed smile.

Ha-Jin was the first one to pat her husband’s shoulders.

“Okay, you Wang Brothers are so emotional,” Ha-Jin smiled in genuine happiness then whispered, “thank you, dear. For being our Seol’s father.”

“What…?! I’m the one who should thank you,” So-Ho spoke between his heavy breathing, “now…I won’t miss my daughter’s first words and her first steps…”

The next thing he knew, he was surrounded by his brothers hugging him. Tae-Geon and his wife stared at them with wide smile as Ha-Jin’s friends glanced at them with same beaming expression. Looking at them, Heung-Gyu, Gyeong-Hwa and Gyeong-Won stared in confusion as they realized something.

“Wait…if Seol’s the Snow White, does that means she has seven uncles as the seven dwarfs?” Gyeong-Won asked innocently, ‘who’s the prince then?’

And the room was filled with laughter.

 

 

Note:
Done with the prologue~! I’ll write more when I finished the Snow White series~! Enjoy reading and comment~!