Coffee Shop AU : Yoonjen

Blackpink x BTS : Fluff Oneshots

∆Salty Customer∆
It was a slow day where Jennie was working, brewing coffee and writing orders in a small cafe downtown. The cafe was near to empty with white noises of the music playing in maybe some party/ies down the block.

It made sense that there would be parties since it was a Friday night, and Friday nights for people unlike Jennie and the old couple sitting at the corner table, meant parties or in their words "fun".

Jennie knew better than to be like that or to stay with people like that, she liked to think she was mature. -Why do you wanna sell your youth away for these bizarre things?- she thought. Completely ignoring the fact that even if she had been given the chance to enjoy parties, she couldn't.Because a) She's not much of a social butterfly if you couldn't already tell and b) she'd rather spend her precious time writing lyrics or reading books.

. : . Dazed out in her own thoughts, she hadn't noticed the ring of the door bell clingking when a black-hooded figure came in . (She got scared for a second,-what if he's a thief-, but then his red tinted puffed face with those cat like eyes said the opposite of scary)

He put money on the counter with a slight bang," Black coffee, no sugar", he huffed out, his voice sounding grumpy.

She looked at him and smiled a little as she set up the coffee machine, and Jennie ..being Jennie just has to make conversation " Coffee in a friday night.. tough day?", she said .

He only gruffed and said " Stop talking". She smiled even more " Someone's salty, you sure you don't wanna add some Sugar to the coffee of yours?"

" Just shut up", he said . And this time Jennie listened.

She eyed his tired self, the hoodie hiding most if not all of his features, except for his disgruntled face. But She tried to mind her own business with this and started making his order.
~•~
"Here you go." She said and smiled .

" Have a goo-" She said but was cut off by the door bell signaling his leave.

Aish, she sighed. She hated salty customers like that raven haired dude, but oh well. She has a job to do and money to earn.

~•~

The next day, around the same time he had come back yet again, except he didn't look tired and wasn't wearing a hoodie that would swallow him up. He wore light blue jeans and a black t-shirt , his hair pushed back, you could see his face a bit clearer this time around, and as much as she hated to admit it, the salty dude was actually pretty handsome.

She realised she was staring and so she fuzzily and quickly went back to her work. (She has been swiping the same cup for minutes now )

He had gotten what looked like iced coffee and was about to leave when he saw her looking at him..dang it,you stupid Jennie .And then he was speed walking to her.
She wasn't in charge of the counter, so it was pretty clear he was walking to her as she was somewhere opposite to the counter where he had gotten the said coffee of his. And the closer he came, the more the angry expression of his face came to sight. Oh lord he looks furious...and kind of good-*cough*, she internally facepalms at her thoughts. What the hell, Jennie. She thinks.

"You." , he started with venom in both his speech and cold glare.

She faced her and smiled(sarcastically that is) "well hello."

"Where is it?", he grumbled. "Wha-", she said but was interrupted again " you know what I'm talking about now give it back"., he put his hand out.

"Okay, look you're not making any sense right now and I have a job to do so ple-" she says but got interrupted (yet again) when he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her.

She yelped as she was now face to face with him...well more like face to chest cos of obvious height differences . (Jennie tries not to fawn much over how firm his *cough* chest is ...) she tried to get away but didn't quite work out . Damn it,he's strong.

He came closer to her face, so close that she could feel his soft breaths, and he could count the eyelashes adorning her light brown eyes.
"Where's .. My..Notebook?", he said in a gruff voice that sent goosebumps shivering to her spine.

"I d-don't know..what you're t-talking about", she stutters. And damn her for getting all stuttery just from being close to a boy.(A really good looking guy at that)

She hates herself for getting all flustered, but it only makes sense knowing that she hadn't even kissed a boy before..and thinking that only made her even more flustered, because now she was looking at his lips and - goddamnit Jennie stop he's just another salty customer-

The-raven-haired-guy-she-didn't-know-the-name-of had noticed her staring, making him smirk a little .

He let go of her now, with that one-hell-of-a-stupid-yet-goddamn-attractive-smirk still plastered on his face he spoke again," Alright", he raised his hands up in a surrender-like motion, " If you say so", with that he turned around to walk away, but turned back,contemplating on speaking what it was that he wanted to say.

" Tell me if you find it though, It has something really important in it.", he said. "Oh..and tell me if you find it." He added with a wink and left .

To say Jennie was overwhelmed was the least you could say, How would she tell him if she does find it? And...Did he just wink at her?! She almost internally squealed, her heart was beating a mile per hour, what was up with her and this guy. And what is it about him that makes her feel so agitated and annoyed yet flustered and mushy?

She didn't know what it all meant, but in the end she was left flustered for that cute ...wait what? No! Stop it, Cheezus Jen!!.

~•~ 3 hours later.

Jennie was the  person in charge of the cafe that day so as expected, she had to lock all the doors. She takes the money earned for the day to the storage room.

As she goes out, she notices a small black journal lying on the counter shelf near the cashier. Curiosity got to her as she strides her way towards the notebook that's definitely not supposed to be there.

Jennie picks up the notebook, eyeing it , it was a black leather journal with a pen clicked on to it. She opens the first page and sees the name 'Min Yoongi' written in capital 

Someone probably left it here, she thinks. And as she thinks that, her mind goes to that one customer who had asked her for his "very important notebook". Maybe this was his..?

Jennie was thinking a lot of things but the first thing she took note of was that,

The boy's name was  Min Yoongi.

"Min Yoongi" she mumbles, testing the sound of the salty-yet-cute customer's​ name.

She should've just closed it and left it for when he comes looking again, but being the curious girl she is, she turned the page.

She's just looking for his contact info, that's all. She convinces herself.

The page was filled with inked letters, written in a cursive handwriting. She read it, 

" The first time I saw you, you're a white cream mocha,

And your eyes, a sweeter sweet than cafe latte.

​​​​​​And now I'm thinkin maybe you're Americano

Be​​​​​cause you got this strong effect on me

But now I know girl, you're a caramel macchiato,

With your cat-like smile and caramel brown hair.

 And as much as I am embarrassed to say, I think you look really pretty."​​ (written by author, donut steal)

Jennie's heart skipped a beat at that because, aww that's so cute and the girl must be so beautiful to have someone as salty as him smitten for her..

she's pretty sure that lyrics this good must be from some professional artists of some sort, cos there's no way Yoongi's that good at composing lyrics.( Or Jennie was too awestrucked to admit that the boy's talented) .

The next page was written in Hangul, and Jennie, although being half korean, couldn't read the language for the life of her, but along the lines of Korean words was three words scribbled messily in English. ' I love you'.

Jennie's heart tugged at that for reasons even she didn't know of. The boy was in love with a girl, and although the boy was technically a stranger, it still kind of hurt her just a little, he was the only person getting up in her space anyways. 

Although she knew she was hurting her confused self, she flipped the page again, and her eyes widened at what she saw, It was a drawing, moreso, it was a drawing of her...smiling while making coffee.

And underneath the drawing were small words, "I love you Kim Jennie. :)  , Call meee; 0××××××".

Jennie closed the book immediately..oh myGod.WHAT THE HELL DID SHE JUST... she must be hallucinating or something because there's no way that Min Yoongi was ...talking about her  

​​​​​​Jennie didn't know what to do but what she wanted to do for starters is to smack that boy's head because ​​​​​​how did he know that she would read it and damn so that's what he meant when he said "let me know if you find it". 

Jennie's heart was most probably running a marathon by now, she in no way is believing what she saw. But if it was true, which it isn't, how can he call her such beautiful things like that?! 

She had so many questions and although she's supposed to be closing the store by 8, it's 8:37 and she's​ still sitting on the counter with her cheeks flushed.

She was agitated, and so she decided to just call him already. Each ring of her phone caused her to hold her breath and when he did answer after the third ring, Jennie was at a loss of words.

"Hello?" A gruff voice says. 

"..h-Hi.." Jennie squeaks out a reply, stuttering.

And Yoongi chuckles. "I see you finally found it..?" He says airily. 

And when Jennie doesn't reply, too out of it to even try, he speaks again.

" Are you still at the cafe?" He asks. 

"Yeah.." she replies.

"Kay, I'm coming, wait there", and with that he cuts the call.

~•~

Jennie doesn't know how long it took for him to come but it sure felt like hours.

So when the door bell clingked , Jennie stood up immediately, probably too eager and nervous. 

As soon as Yoongi spotted Jennie in the lonesome cafe, his eyes curled up into a smile, showing his gummy teeth and oh my God he's so freaking cute 

Yoongi shyly walked over to her, with his smile still plastered on his face. 

And if Jennie wasnt already a  blushing mess, she sure as hell is now.

"Soo~.." Yoongi starts. "Did you.. like it?" He says sheepishly.

And Jennie only blushed harder if that's even possible, she was sure he could hear the hammering of her chest.

"I-I guess"she says and Yoongi lets out a breath he didn't even  know he was holding.

"Thank goddddddd!" Yoongi groans and laughs. " I thought maybe writing bout coffee would be too cheesy" he chuckles.

"It was pretty adorable" Jennie says and giggles.

"At least for a boy as salty as you" she remarks sassily.

And Yoongi fake gasps."ouch". They laugh quietly although no one's there.

"Soooo~" Yoongi drawls out. "is it a yes??" He asks hopefully.

"For what?" Jennie looks at him dumbfoundedly. Yoongi's eyes a little as he said "..you , did you not read my letter?" He says a bit disappointed 

"What let-? Oh! Is it the one in Hangul?", She asks 

Yoongi nods. 

Jennie chuckles cheekily and says, "I may or may not know how to read Hangul..hehe" she says.

"Oh.I'm-well sorry! I didn't know " Yoongi says.

"Nah it's okay,read it for me!" She says.

"O-okay" he stutters , what the hell was this girl doing to the boy. He coughs before starting,"Kim Jennie, you may not know me well or at all as of now, but all you need to know as of now is this...I think I love you." So that's the part Jennie read. " And I know it might seem so sudden because I might not know you well enough, but. .maybe we can? I want to know you more than your smile and the way you talk, more than your laugh and everything beautiful about you. I wanna know you more and so I hope you'll let me, and you'll give me a chance, cos goddamnit I'm not usually this cheesy, but will you go out with me?"

He breaths in shakily .

Jennie breaths out heavily.

She smiles widely after hearing that. " Awwwe! That's so cute" she playfully smacks his firm chest. And as surprising as it is, the boy blushes and smiles widely. " So is that a yes?!" He asks giddily, and oh my lord, what happened to the salty boy who loved black coffee?

"I never said that~" Jennie folds her arms and sasses her hips out. His falls immediately and gd this is so fun.

But she felt a bit too cruel and said " I'm not saying no, but not yes either, let's get to know each other first and I'll see" she says.

He seems alright with the answer and says "I still consider that as a yes" he smirks .

"Yah!" I say and he runs off laughing.

Jennie doesn't know what she's getting into, but she knows that she's learning to love that salty-yet-cute customer more and more.

_______

HELLO Y'ALL! IM BACK 🎉 ×3 I'm so happy, I'm finallyyyy over my writers block and I could finally write y'all this. I hope it's worth it and I hope you understand that I tried my best. Did you like it? Please let me know what ships and scenarios you want!

Follow me on Tumblr: @mabambamgotjams

​​​​love you xoxoxo 😘😘💕