Happiness Of A Mock Dream

Happiness Of A Mock Dream

*Phone vibrates*

GD opens his eyes and picks up the phone to see who has messaged him. The notification bar reads “Message from TOP hyung in *the big BANG*”.

He opens the group's chat box and sees that TOP has sent a video. And when it gets loaded his heart skips a beat because it’s the video of her and she is wearing TOP’s button down shirt he was wearing yesterday. He looks at the time, 7:10 am. She stayed back, he thought while his heart sank.

He rubbed his eyes and sat up on the bed and supported his head on the head board, he leaned back and played the video. She was sitting right in front of TOP, in the balcony. Her hair tied up in the messy bun with long bangs decorating her face and few escaped curly locks teasing her neck. And he notices that thin necklace with a small lion pendant gloriously sitting in the hollow of her neck that he gifted her on her birthday. She sat there glowing in the first rays of sunlight with her glasses on and reading her favorite book “Kafka on the shore”.

And suddenly she started humming. And in the remaining 40 seconds of the video, she hummed and sang Haru Haru in ballad in her voice. As if struck by lightning he couldn’t move his body. Her voice was not of a trained singer but it was melodious to him. His hand went to grab the earphones from his bedside table and knocking down the empty glass without thinking. And the comments start pouring, mocking her and TOP and their night endeavors. He spent his entire morning listening to her hum the song he wrote. For a while only…but he was happy.