Bacon and A Blind Date

My Ex's (And The Oh's)

"Chanyeol! Why did you set me up on a blind date?!" Baekhyun screeched at his friend, no, ex friend now. He's told the other that he, explicitly, hates blind dates.

"You're becoming a bit of an anti social cat lady..." Chanyeol shrugs.

"I don't even have a cat," Baekhyun hissed.

"Not yet you don't~" Chanyeol singsongs.

"I just won't go." Baekhyun huffed, crossing his arms in an obvious expression of annoyance.

"But Baek~" Chanyeol whined, staring at his friend with wide puppy eyes. "Yixing and I begged Jongdae, your blind date, to go on this date~ We think you guys would be a great match!"

Baekhyun was trying to ignore the other's puppy eyes, but according to last night, the brunet is awful at resisting puppy eyes.

Chanyeol had a smug smile on his lips, sensing the other's defeat.

"I'm not promising anything," the brunet warned, though his tone was tinged with defeat. Damn. Puppy dog eyes are his kryptonite.

Chanyeol clapped his hands together, grinning widely. "Awesome! This is going to be great, Baek~ I promise."

A promise from Chanyeol didn't mean a whole lot. Sort of reminds Baekhyun of when Chanyeol promised kayaking would be fun. It was, until Baekhyun's boat tipped and he fell into the river. It was awful. And cold. Baekhyun hated it. He didn't speak to Chanyeol for a few days, which felt like weeks to the two friends because they were usually inseparable.

"Whatever..." Baekhyun sighed, resigning to his fate. It's just one blind date, what could go wrong?

Famous last words.


"He's late.." Baekhyun grouched, glaring down at the table cloth.

Chanyeol had given him no information about his blind date. Just told him the address and what time to be there, which was 7:00pm. And it was now, 7:10pm. He has been waiting at the restaurant for fifteen minutes because nerves caused him to get there early.

He was wearing a black and white button up, with black skinny jeans and white converses. He hoped his hair was lying flat like it was earlier, though he doubted it. For some reason, his hair sometimes disarrayed itself. For amusement, I suppose.

Baekhyun was about ready to call it quits when a familiar man hurried up to his table.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" The brunet apologized, sliding into the seat in front of Baekhyun.

"'Better three hours too soon than a minute too late,'" Baekhyun grumbled.

"Shakespeare?" The familiar looking man inquired, a surprised look on his face.

"Uh, yeah.." Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck, not having intended the other to hear that.

"Aish, where are my manners?" The brunet jokingly asks himself. "I'm Kim Jongdae, you must be- Bacon?" The brunet clearly hadn't recognized the other till now. A wide smile slowly formed on his lips.

Baekhyun scowled. "I told you. It's Baekhyun."

Jongdae laughs,"Whatever you say, Bacon."

Baekhyun huffed, not amused.

Soon enough, the date grew awkward, the two not able to come up with much of a conversation. Or more like, every time Jongdae tried to start a conversation, Baekhyun shot him down. Like now.

"So, you like the classics?" Jongdae inquired, taking a sip of his water. They had just ordered their entrees, one fettuccine alfredo for Baekhyun, and one order of spaghetti and meatballs for Jongdae.

"I'm a literature major, I sort of have to." Baekhyun deadpanned.

Jongdae blinked, clearing his threat before nodding. "Uh, yeah.. I guess."

Baekhyun was starting to feel bad. Jongdae was making so much effort to try to converse with the brunet, but Baekhyun kept shooting him down. The brunet was doing it purposely, a part of him wanting to get back at Chanyeol and Yixing. To tell them that blind dates are awful. That they shouldn't have set him up on a date with someone. Especially not with this annoying curly haired brunet that insists on calling him 'Bacon'.

"Here's your orders, sirs." The waitress came back, placing their dishes in front of the respective orderer.

"Thank you." Baekhyun smiled at the woman, glancing down at his plate, not noticing the look Jongdae gave him. It was a rather sad look, the curly haired male was trying so hard to get Baekhyun to smile or laugh, but some girl got him to smile by doing her job?

The blind date was a flop. The two barely talked after their food came, perhaps an occasional 'the food is so delicious', but other than that, they didn't talk much.

 

"Um.. it was nice meeting you, Baekhyun." The two were standing outside of the restaurant.

"Yeah, you too." Baekhyun nods, shaking the offered hand. "I guess... bye," the brunet his heels, heading down the sidewalk. That was one of the most awkward dates he's ever been on.

Jongdae was still standing in front of the restaurant, watching Baekhyun walk down the sidewalk, a part of him telling him to follow him and ask for a second date, wanting to make up for how awful this date was, but Jongdae had a feeling the other would reject him. The literature major interested the brunet, but it appears said lit major was not interested in him.


"So... I guess that means it was awful.." Chanyeol started, staring at his friend dejectedly.

"It was awkward. I'm just not a blind date kind of person, Yeol... you tried," the brunet weakly smiled at his friend.

Honestly, ever since that date, Baekhyun's been regretting not chatting more with Jongdae. He regrets not giving the other a chance, but it's too late to change that now... right?

Chanyeol sighed, leaning back against the cafe chair. He had thought Jongdae would be a great match! Jongdae was a literature major as well, always spouting quotes from a famous author.

Baekhyun on the other hand, was covertly staring at the barista at the cafe.

They were at their usual meeting place, a Starbucks cafe that was a few blocks from Baekhyun's apartment, but this barista was completely new to Baekhyun. Well, maybe not that new.

The two friends were waiting for their names to be called, chatting about anything and everything.

"Chanyeol!" A familiar voice interrupted their conversation.

"Oh~ my espresso's done~" The giant jumped up from his seat, heading up to the cash register. Was it just Baekhyun's imagination or was Chanyeol smirking?

'Oh well,' the brunet thought, waiting for his name to be called.

"Bacon! Bacon!" The voice called out, sounding even more familiar, with a tinge of mischief in the tone.

'Bacon....?' The brunet sat there, an extremely confused expression on his face until it dawned on him. Chanyeol's smirking face and the word 'Bacon' clicked into place.

The brunet stood up with an annoyed sigh, heading up to the cash register where his latte was waiting for him.

"Here you go, Bacon." Jongdae smirked at him, his kittenish lips quirked upwards.

"Thanks.." Baekhyun grouched, grabbing his latte.

"And I won't charge you for the extra," Jongdae added with a wink.

Baekhyun stared at him in confusion, watching the curly haired male walk off. He shrugged, heading back to his table with his drink.

He sat down, taking a sip of his latte, ignoring his friend completely.

"Got an admirer, Baek?" Chanyeol suddenly asked, gesturing to the male's cup.

Baekhyun glanced down, eyes widening at the sight.

In awful handwriting, Bacon was scrawled on the side of the cup with an equally awful smiley face. Below the smiley face was a number, presumably Jongdae's. Suddenly, what Jongdae said to him earlier made sense.

'And I won't charge you for the extra.'

Baekhyun swears his face was not pink, totally not... if it was, it was because it was hot inside the cafe. Yep, extremely hot in there.

Baekhyun kept the cup.

 

 

 

 


 

 

Here's a link to what Baekhyun's shirt looks like

https://41.media.tumblr.com/7dca79c536816984bf5336fe33eceaca/tumblr_inline_8vWLVu1smae63_500.jpg