First Time for Everything

First Time for Everything

“Come on Hwiyoung! We have to hurry if we don’t want to be late for class!” You said as you dragged your best friend.

 

“What’s the rush? Worse case scenario our houses’ both lose 50 points, it’s nothing.” Hwiyoung said as he was trying to escape your grip of death.

 

Letting out a huff you lightly slapped him on the arm, “Hwiyoung! This is serious! I cannot afford to be late again! Maybe you...but not me!”

 

Rolling his eyes Hwiyoung took the lead and said, “Well then you better hurry up!”

 

*

 

Just as the both of you sat into your seats the grand bells rang signaling the start of class. Letting go of your hand Hwiyoung winked, “See told you there was no need to worry.”

 

Rolling your eyes you began to take notes. However ten minutes into the lecture you began to find difficulty in paying attention. It wasn’t that the class was hard, no, it was probably one of the easiest classes anyone could take. However, a certain someone was trying a little too hard for your attention.

 

“Pshhh. Hey. Hey!” Hwiyoung whispered.

 

Rolling your eyes you tried to seem uninterested in whatever it was that he wanted to say. Just as you were about to reply back Professor Longbottom shouted, “Students it is time to see a new plant that you all will be tending to from now on.”

 

Shrugging your shoulders at Hwiyoung you along with the rest of the class stood up and headed towards the Professor’s desk. There upon his desk was the dreaded Venomous Tentacula. “A Venomous Tentacula is a very dangerous plant, however, with proper care and caution none of you students should worry about being snared by these plants. Thus class, let us begin!”

 

As you carefully brought the plant back to the table that you shared with Hwiyoung you couldn’t shake off the feeling of worry that you felt increase. What if got too close to the plant, what if you made a mistake? You shuddered at the thought of what the plant could do.

 

Just as you pulled your scroll and quill out Hwiyoung said, “I’ll groom the plant and you watch.”

 

Scoffing you pointed at him, “You, the biggest scaredy cat I know, is going to attempt to trim a couple of leaves off the plant? Please, as if!”

“As a matter of fact, just watch me.” Hwiyoung said as he grabbed the pair of scissors.

 

It was one thing to know how to properly care for the plant and it was another to just do it, and unfortunately, Hwiyoung did the latter.

 

“So you know, we just give it a snip here and a snip here. And oh wait I gotta cut that an-”

 

Grabbing the scissors from him you scoffed, “You trimmed off all the wrong leaves idiot. Here just let me finish it.”

 

Unfortunately just as you were about to snip off the tallest leave one of the branches of the plant wrapped around you left wrist. Shrieking you tried to cut off the branch, however, the plant was just having none of it! The more you fought with the plant the more it wrapped around your wrist.

 

Just as Hwiyoung was about cut off the branch the plant bit you on the arm. Gasping in shock it was only a mere second before you fell onto your chair. “Professor Longbottom she just got bit we have to hur-” Was the last thing you heard before you out.

 

*

 

By the time you regained conscious dinner had already past, and many of the students were in their respective house. However, when you awoke Hwiyoung was sitting right next to you.

 

“I’m so glad that you’re okay!” He said frantically as he stood up.

 

Just before he could go and get the nurse you grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him down, “W-Wait why don’t you stay for a bit?”

 

Looking at you weirdly he responded, “Excuse me, is this the same person I know?”

 

Rolling your eyes you playfully punched him, “Shut up and just sit back down.”

 

Smirking Hwiyoung just shrugged his shoulders.

 

“So...while you were sleeping you might have said some things to me.” Hwiyoung said as he was playing with his fingers while looking down.

 

Turning over on your side you responded, “What did I say to you?”

 

“I don’t know if I should tell you, it won’t be a surprise anymore then.” Hwiyoung said with a smirk.

 

“Hwiyoung I swear if you don’t tell m-”

 

“You said you liked me.”

 

Like a deer in the headlights you laughed awkwardly, “Ha that’s funny. Me like you what pshh-”

 

“I like you too!” Hwiyoung blurted as he stood up.

 

“I mean, I like you too. That’s if what you said is true.” He repeated as he sat back down again.

 

Feeling the heat rush to your cheeks you coughed lightly, “So what if what I said was true, what are you going to do about it?”

 

“Hmmm...buy you some butterbeer next time we go to the Three Broomsticks and treat you to a muggle movie?”

 

Laughing you replied, “Sounds like a plan...speaking of plans could you go find the nurse for me? My head’s starting to hurt again.”

 

And with that Hwiyoung sped off to find the nurse for you.

 

*

 

Before both you and Hwiyoung knew it the next trip to Hogsmeade was right around the corner. The first snow had just fallen and everything was a perfect winter wonderland. However, that also meant that mittens were a must. And unfortunately you forgot to grab your pair before you left.

 

As you and Hwiyoung were walking to the Three Broomsticks you tried keeping your hands warm. Rubbing them? Didn’t work. Blowing on them? You didn’t want Hwiyoung to worry about your freezing hands so you just placed them inside your jacket. However, halfway to the Three Broomsticks Hwiyoung finally had enough and grabbed one of your hands and placed it in his jacket pocket.

 

Sneaking a glance at you he muttered, “You should have just told me that your hands were cold, no need to get frostbite.”

 

Blushing you looked away and said, “I didn’t want you to worry. It’s no big deal, I’m fine now.”

 

Clicking his tongue he said, “Whatever you say, but we all know that you enjoy holding my hand.”

 

Scoffing you broke free from his grasp and speed walked all the to the Three Broomsticks by yourself.

 

Shaking his head Hwiyoung smiled to himself, it was one thing to fall in love with your best friend, but another to have your best friend be your soulmate.

 

*