Tight Pants and Propositions

Without a Doubt, I'm on Your Side

Jung Hoseok woke up at five fifty-seven in the morning on a Thursday morning, exactly three minutes before his alarm was set to go off.  This would piss most people off, as they would be losing those precious minutes of sleep, but Hoseok was actually pleased.  Three extra minutes meant extra time to make sure he looked extra good before he walked out of his dorm room and onto the university campus.

 

After his shower, he arranged all his books and things he needed for classes.  It was the beginning of the semester, and classes had just started last week.  After his first class, he was supposed to meet up with someone to sell them his old chemistry book from last semester.  He found it odd that someone would come to him seeking the book now since classed had already been in session for a week, but who was he to turn down free money?  

 

Once he had everything he needed for the day ready, he took to his closet to find something to wear.  He picked through his wardrobe before finally settling on the perfect pastel green button up and a nice pair of khaki pants.  He changed quickly before standing in front of a mirror to check himself out.

 

“Jung Hoseok, you rascal, you’ve done it again. Looking as spiffy as ever,” he grinned to himself, bouncing his eyebrows up and down at his reflection.

 

He tore himself away from the mirror after a while and slipped on his shoes.  He shoved three pens into the front pocket of his shirt, gathered his things and put them in his backpack, and checked the time on his wristwatch.  He had forty minutes to spare before class started.  If he walked really quickly, he figured he would have enough time to get something from the vending machine and still be early to his class all the way across campus.  He shuffled to the door and opened it, ready to exit, only to be met face to face with his best friend and dorm advisor, Park Jimin, with his hands full of breakfast parfaits and a smile on his face.

 

“Good morning,” he greeted, bright and chipper like always, ing the blueberry granola at Hoseok.  That kind was his favorite.

 

“Jimin! You’re a life saver, I wasn’t sure if I was going to have time to get breakfast and still be early to class,” Hoseok beamed and politely removed the parfait from his best friend’s hands, carefully removing the lid so as not to spill any.

 

Jimin handed him the plastic spoon wrapped in a different kind of plastic to eat his parfait with before making himself at home and sitting down on Hoseok’s immaculately made bed.  “You’re very welcome.  I knew you had class early today, which is why I swung by.”

 

“You’re the best, seriously,” Hoseok nodded as he sat down next to him, removing the spoon from the plastic and dipping it into the spoon.  He took a bite and moaned softly as the morsel of food touched his lips, as if he had never eaten parfait in his life. Jimin just looked at him with a cocked eyebrow and a confused frown, ignoring him in favor of his own parfait: chocolate and raspberry.

 

Hoseok ate as quickly as he could before disposing of the parfait container in the trash can after he got off the bed.  He checked the time on his watch. Twenty minutes to spare.

 

“Wow, I’m really pushing it. I gotta go now.  See you later, Jimin!” he said and pushed out the door, leaving Jimin still sitting on Hoseok’s bed in Hoseok’s dorm room with a half-eaten parfait.  He just shrugged. Hoseok was really smart and somehow had a 4.2 grade point average, but he could be a bit scattered at time.  He would just lock up Hoseok’s room and let himself out.  After he had finished his breakfast, of course.

 

Park Jimin didn’t mess around when it came to food.

 

--

 

Min Yoongi woke up at eight thirty-two on a Thursday morning, after his alarm had already gone off three times.  He groaned and turned off the alarm instead of punching the snooze button like he had been doing.  He sat up and stretched, reaching for his pack of cigarettes, tossing them at his sleeping roommate and best friend, Taehyung, upon discovering the pack was empty.  Taehyung didn’t budge, mostly because he was a deep sleeper, but also because Yoongi had a weak throw. 

 

Yoongi rolled out of bed after what must’ve been five minutes of staring at the ceiling for no other reason than hoping it would cancel his classes for him. He was glad he only had one class on Thursdays in the daytime and one at night, but he did have to meet up with some kid about buying a stupid textbook for some class he probably wasn’t going to pay attention in.  He grumbled and stretched some more, trudging to his closet to find himself decently clean clothes that smelled acceptable.  He settled on some ripped blue jeans and an oversized hoodie, changing his clothes and tossing his discarded pajamas onto Taehyung.

 

Yoongi moved to the bathroom to brush his teeth, wash his face, and brush his hair.  Once his hygiene routine was complete, he checked his appearance out in the mirror.  “Yeah. That’ll do,” he shrugged, walking back into the bedroom he shared with Taehyung in their tiny off-campus apartment.

 

He searched around the floor until he found a pencil and some form of a notebook and tucked them under his arm.  He pulled his cellphone out of his back pocket and checked the time, frowning.  Class was supposed to start in five minutes.  He looked at his phone again, and after a few seconds of personal debate, he decided to risk running to class, though he despised running.  He considered himself lucky his apartment wasn’t that far off-campus.  He didn’t want to use up all his skips in the beginning of the semester, after all.  

 

He pulled out his shoes and headed out the door, but not without scanning the floor for one last thing to throw onto Taehyung.  He settled on an old sock that had been there for who knows how long.  He pulled the sock back with both hands and aimed perfectly, launching it to drape right over his roommate’s mouth, and got the out of there and on his way to class.

 

He was long gone by the time Taehyung woke up, screaming with a mouth full of sock.

 

--

 

Hoseok was quite pleased with himself.  He had managed to make it into his first class fifteen minutes early.  He was the first person in there, which meant he got to claim the seat right in the front row in front of the professor.  This particular class, Music Theory, was crowded, with almost one hundred students, so he always liked to make sure that he was front and center, ready to soak up every word the professor said. 

 

After he arranged all his paper and pens and his textbook was turned to the correct page, he checked his watch again.  Class would start in three minutes.  Most people were already there and in their seats, talking amongst themselves, but there were still a few stragglers coming in.  Hoseok periodically checked his watch, and at forty-five seconds to spare, a particularly tired-looking and sweaty guy rushed in.  He looked kind of angry to Hoseok as he trudged up the stairs to the top row to sit.  Hoseok figured he must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed, poor guy.

 

His attention snapped away from the angry, sweaty guy when is professor, Dr. Kim Seokjin, strolled into the classroom to begin his lesson.  Hoseok clutched his pencil excitedly.  He really liked the way this professor taught.  It was easy to understand, and his lecture was so interesting that once Hoseok picked his pencil up at the beginning of class to start writing, he didn’t put it down until the end for fear that he just might miss something important, even the most insignificant of details.

 

--

 

To the surprise of no one around him and not even himself, Yoongi fell asleep not long after class had started.  He couldn’t help it. He had run to class just to make it on time, so he was worn out.  Besides, it’s not like that Dr. Kim Seokjin or whoever was that interesting, anyway.

 

Yoongi didn’t wake up until somebody had shaken him awake once the lecture was over.  They looked at him sympathetically, and he shrugged them off.  He was really looking forward to continuing his nap in his bed in his apartment.  He gathered up the few things he did have with him and exited the building, headed back home before he remembered his meeting about the textbook.  He groaned and pulled out his phone to check the time, seeing that he had seven minutes before he was supposed to meet the guy in the library.  He groaned again and took off in the opposite direction from his home, hoping his bed wouldn’t miss him for too much longer.

 

He made to the library rather quickly, and found the table for book exchanges.  He saw that there were no chairs around it, so he found one from another table and pulled it around, sitting down and resting in it.  The library wasn’t far from the arts building, so his walk from point A to point B wasn’t that long, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t already tired. 

 

He pulled out his phone while he waited, playing some game where the main objective is to not get eaten by a giant snake, watching the minutes tick by.  Whoever was supposed to meet him was already four minutes late.  He really hoped he wasn’t getting stood up.  Not that really needed the book anyway, but it would really to be stood up over something as lame as a book exchange.

 

Yoongi looked back down at his game, only looking up at the door for a brief moment, and in that brief moment, he saw some kind of energetic flash of orange, and then he was suddenly met face-to-face with a sweaty guy in hideous light green button-down shirt tucked into a nice pair of khaki pants that were probably a little too tight for a Thursday morning. 

 

“Hi! Sorry I’m late! I was talking to my Music Theory professor and lost track of time! Are you Min Yoongi?” the sweaty tight pants guy said really fast, almost too fast for Yoongi to comprehend.

 

“Yeah? I’m Yoongi.  Are you Hoseok, the book guy?” he asked, putting his phone on sleep mode and putting it in his back pocket.

 

“Yep! I am Jung Hoseok,” the sweaty tight pants guy, Hoseok, beamed, way too bright and happy and beautiful and un-nerdy.  Yoongi thought that if only he could capture that smile, then he could bottle it and sell it like some kind of magic potion and no one would ever have to be sad again.  And then he dismissed that thought and internally smacked himself for thinking such a sappy thought.

 

“Nice to meet you Hoseok.  I really, really, really, need that chemistry book,” Yoongi definitely exaggerated on the “really’s”.

 

“Good thing you caught me now! You shouldn’t wait so long to get your books for class, you know? What if you hadn’t found anyone to buy it from? Then you would’ve been out of luck,” Hoseok scolded as he set his backpack down on the table and began to look for the book.  As Yoongi watched him, something about the way he moved and talked gave Yoongi the idea that he would be fun to tease.  For goodness sake, the guy had three ink pens sitting comfortably inside his shirt pocket.  Of course he’d be fun to tease.

 

“Hey, I think we have Music Theory together,” Yoongi said, just making small talk. 

 

“Oh! Yeah, we do. You barely made it in time for class today, right?” Hoseok chuckled as he pulled out the book and set it on the table beside Yoongi.

 

“Right,” Yoongi scoffed, not missing the way Hoseok’s arms flexed as he lifted his backpack full of books and unnecessary things off the table and back onto his back.  Jesus.  “How much do I owe you for the book?”

 

“Um,” Hoseok began, shifting his eyes up to the right as if he were making a mental calculation.  “Two hundred should cover it.  You’re paying cash up front, right?”

 

“Ooo,” Yoongi winced, a sheepish grin on his face as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.  “I don’t have any money with me. Sorry.” He stood up, watching confusion etch over Hoseok’s happy features.  He leaned in close before the other male could say anything, standing on his tiptoes to reach him while placing his hand on his shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze before whispering in his ear, “But I do have some good to offer you.  Can I pay with that, instead?”

 

Hoseok made a sound similar to that of chicken that had accidentally sat on the wrong egg, his face a mixture of confusion, anger, embarrassment, and a small amount of intrigue. After a few seconds of staring at Yoongi in stunned silence, he finally managed to stammer out, “Excuse me?”

 

Yoongi backed away, howling with laughter entirely too loud for any library, but especially the one they were standing in.  Three different women in glasses all turned his way, holding their index fingers over their wrinkled, old mouths and hollered “Shhh!” at him.

 

He finally calmed down, unlike the bright red tint to Hoseok’s skin, which only seemed to be glowing brighter at this point.  He wheezed as softly as he could while he tried to catch his breath, holding his hands up in the air in mock defense.  “Hey, I’m kidding.  Mostly.”

 

Hoseok glared at him, and Yoongi could only assume that he thought he was being intimidating.  In reality, he looked like a puppy that had just realized his owner never actually threw the ball, but had just pretended the whole time.  “What do you mean, mostly?”

 

“I mean, you look like you could use a little in your life.  And I’m the man who could supply it for you,” Yoongi shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets.

 

Hoseok sputtered again, his blush intensifying ten-fold.  “Th-that’s immoral!”

 

Oh god, on of those.  “What is? To lie with a man?” Yoongi asked, yanking his hands out of his pockets to rest them on his hips.

 

Hoseok looked down to the floor, as if willing the other man to disappear if he simply looked away, his blush flaring up to his ear and down the back of his neck.  “No. To have, you know, p-pre-marital .”

 

It took a few seconds for Yoongi to understand the other male’s mumbling, but once he did, he had to cover his mouth with the back of his hand, biting down on the skin there to avoid laughing loud enough to get them both banned from the library forever.

 

Hoseok looked back up, copying Yoongi’s position of holding his hands on his hips.  “And just what is so funny about that, hm?”

 

Yoongi just shook his head, still unable to talk.  He held his sides, removing his hand and breathing deeply to calm himself down once again.

 

“Oh my god,” he said, still shaking his head. “This is too much.”  He reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet, tattered and torn and well in need of replacing.  He opened it, pulled out three hundred dollars, and laid it on the table, grabbing up the book and holding it in his arms.  He looked at Hoseok one last time, shaking his head and laughing softly before walking away.  “The offer still stands, by the way,” he called, waving his hand behind him as he ducked out of the library and back home to the comfort of his own bed.

 

“What offer?” Hoseok furrowed his brows, hoping that the “offer” wasn’t what he thought he was.  He turned his attention to the money on the table sitting where his old chemistry book used be.  He furrowed his brows deeper as he picked it up and counted it.  He turned around and called, a little too loudly, “Hey! You left too much! I only said two hundred!” but it was too late.  Yoongi had already disappeared, and Hoseok was only met with a chorus of “Shhh!”

 

--

 

“He said what to you? I ought to go and give that guy a piece of my mind!” Jimin shrieked over a caramel macchiato, banging his fist politely on the table of the quaint hispster-ish café they were currently sitting in, but not actually loud enough to disturb anyone or alert any unnecessary attention to him.

 

Hoseok just sighed a response as he stared down at a napkin on the table that he had folded in to an uneven triangle.  Ever since his confusing encounter with that Min Yoongi fellow, all he could really do was muster out a few solemn sighs here and there.  After he had told Jimin the full story, of course.

 

“I mean, really? Who just offers to a stranger they just met?” Jimin said in a yell-whisper, still not loud enough for anyone to listen in on their conversation.  “Want me to go give him a stern talking to?’

 

Hoseok looked up and offered him a small smile.  “No offense, Jimin, but you’re about as threatening as a pile of soft, fuzzy blankets.”

 

The younger of the two males squeaked in mild offense.  “Yeah, well, okay,” he sputtered, his head twitching to the right with those three words he spoke before rolling his eyes and crossing his arms over his chest.  “But I am a dorm advisor.  I could get him kicked out of the dorms for this!”

 

The older male muddled over that thought in his mind.  Though he was embarrassed, it wasn’t worth it to get the poor guy kicked out of his dorm over.  That is, if he lived in a dorm. “Nah, that’s okay, Jimin.  It’s not worth it.  Besides, he may not live in a dorm.”

 

“True,” Jimin sulked a little, taking a sip of his drink and getting whipped cream on his nose.  Jimin was a bit of a fan of abusing his own power, under certain circumstances, of course.

 

Hoseok just nodded, ending conversation between the two.  They sat in silence, and Hoseok could feel that extra one hundred dollars that Yoongi had slipped him burning a hole in his pocket.  It didn’t feel right, at all, to take money he didn’t ask for.  He took all three bills out and laid them on the table, smoothing them out from where he had neatly folded them and deposited them in his front pants pocket.  He stared at them in thought, long enough to deter Jimin’s attention away from his over-sugary drink and towards the money instead.

 

“Hey,” he said, his voiced in a low whisper, “do you think that maybe, since he you know, offered, well, you know, and then slipped you too much money, that he was trying to pay you for ?”  His eyes were wide and deeply concerned for his friend.

 

Hoseok looked up at his when he asked the question, his deep blush coming back with a vengeance and spreading over his cheeks.  “Jimin! No, he was not trying to pay me for !” he said, unable to control his volume, turning every head in the otherwise quiet café in his direction.  He ducked his head down and hid behind his hands so no one would recognize him, lowering his voice so people wouldn’t be able to hear him and just return to their own lives. “He probably just made a mistake.  At any cost, I should return the one hundred to him.  It wouldn’t be right to keep it.”

 

Jimin just shrugged as he listened to Hoseok’s justice-filled speech, his nose already buried once more inside the caramel macchiato.  He zoned his friend out as he kept rambling on and on about why you should always be just and right, and Jimin instead began thinking about a stack of pancakes drizzled in maple syrup and covered in candied cashews, with a dollop of whipped cream and shaved cinnamon on top.  He knew he should probably have been paying attention to Hoseok and being there for him in his time of need, but honestly, the pancakes may have been more important. 

 

Park Jimin didn’t mess around when it came to food.

 

--

 

Yoongi leaned against the front wall of the apartment complex he lived in, staring at the end of his cigarette and watching the ashes fall to the ground.  The afternoon sun was sinking into the horizon, painting the sky a variation of colors, from a deep blue to a bright, playful orange.  Yoongi sighed deeply and took a drag from his cigarette.  He had class in about thirty minutes but he couldn’t actually bring himself to stop leaning against the building long enough to actually get ready.  He couldn’t stop thinking about his meeting with that Hoseok guy from earlier in the day.  He couldn’t believe he had actually given the guy extra money on purpose, because as a college student, he absolutely did not have money to spare.  He would’ve kicked himself if he didn’t value the aesthetic beauty of his own legs.  He sighed again, looking up at the sky for answers.  Or something.  Sigh.

 

“Quit looking so deep.  This isn’t a goddamn indie movie, you piece of ,” quipped Taehyung from where he stood by his side, lighting up another cigarette.  He was obviously still pissy about waking up with the sock on his mouth, and subsequently, in his mouth, so Yoongi just let his foul mouth and insults slip over his head like air.  Poor Taehyung deserved to drop a swear every now and then.

 

“…Shut up,” Yoongi said for a lack of a better comeback.  Taehyung just growled as a response, meaning he was done talking, and that was probably for the best.  Yoongi sighed again and tossed his cigarette to the ground, stepping on it and grinding it together with the cement.  He’d wasted most of it just staring off into the distance, so he was fairly disappointed in himself.  He pushed himself off from his leaning position on the building and walked past Taehyung and back inside.  He trudged up the stairs to his apartment and gathered a few loose pieces of paper, found the pencil from earlier that morning, and grabbed his camera.  At least his night class was photography, which he actually enjoyed.  He took pride in taking weird, angsty pictures that made just enough sense to earn him decent grades in the class.  He figured photography was his calling.

 

He went back downstairs and back out of the building, quickly walking past Taehyung growling at his lighter.  Yoongi did not have time to deal with that, so he shuffled on to class, trying his best to get there in time without looking sweaty.  The nights had been pretty warm lately.

 

He was able to make it in time, and managed to stay awake for the whole class while his professor talking about contrast and assignments and blah blah.  It was actually interesting.  Photography was definitely his calling.

 

Class ended too soon for Yoongi’s liking.  He filed out of the lecture hall like everyone else, though, because there was no use in lingering like that one girl that was obviously only taking photography to get into the professor’s pants.  Yoongi stepped out of the building and into the night.  He was glad that the campus was well lit, because he didn’t see great in the night, and sometimes would bump into things.  He trudged along the sidewalks, holding his camera in his hands fondly, despite it already hanging securely on a strap around his neck.  He was glad that he had shoved the paper, crumbled, in his pocket and his pencil was perched behind his ear.  It gave him free hands to hold and admire his beloved camera. 

 

Yoongi wouldn’t call himself distracted, necessarily, except he was exactly that.  He was distracted by the feel of his camera in his hands and the thoughts of perfect lighting, so distracted, that he bumped nose-first into a lamppost and was sent stumbling backwards only to land on his .

 

“Oh my gosh! Are you okay?” came the sound of a concerned and familiar sounding voice, but Yoongi was too occupied with rubbing his sore nose to attempt to recognize the voice.  He felt strong hands wrap under his arms lifting him back to a standing position against his will.  He whipped his head around quickly to give the owner of the hands a piece of his mind, but his eyes were met with big, worried eyes looking into his, a downturned pair of full lips, and a flash of orange hair looking disastrously messy but somehow touchable.  Jesus.

 

“Ah, yeah, I’m fine,” Yoongi said softly, passive, and backed away out of the hands, Hoseok’s hands, feeling somewhat awkward.

 

“That’s good!” Hoseok breathed, relief etching into his features.  Yoongi watched as the light from the street lamps that decorated the sidewalk danced around the other male, beaming down and settling over his head like a halo.  His hands twitched, his fingers itching to grab his camera and capture the moment.

 

“Uh, yeah.  Thanks for the help.  I’m gonna go,” Yoongi coughed, stepping back awkwardly before Hoseok’s hand reached out to wrap around his arm, stopping him in his tracks.

 

“Wait! I have your money. You gave me too much,” Hoseok said, dropping his hand from the older male’s arm to fish inside his front pocket, pulling out the extra hundred.   “I’m glad I found you so that I could return it.”

 

Yoongi was relieved that Hoseok had noticed that he left too much, and he hoped that the relief he felt didn’t show on his face.  Now he had to decide if he was going to play it cool or admit he’d made a mistake.

 

“Oh, I totally meant to do that,” Yoongi smirked, deciding to play it cool.  “But I’ll take it back from you,” he said, snatching it out of Hoseok’s hands and shoving it in his pocket before the other male could change his mind.  Yoongi really thanked his lucky stars that Hoseok was such a pure boy and returned the extra money to him.  Literally every other person on the planet would have just kept it. Including himself.

 

“Oh.  You jokester,” Hoseok smiled, a genuine smile that glowed brighter than the light surrounding him, despite what he said sounding so lame.  Yoongi couldn’t help himself anymore, quickly picking up his camera, turning it on and focusing it on Hoseok as best as he could, pressing the shutter before Hoseok even realized what was going on.

 

“Wow,” Yoongi bit his lip, trying to stifle a chuckle as he checked his work in the gallery of his camera. “Perfect.”

 

Hoseok stood still, sputtering out sounds that didn’t count as real words, his ears turning red.  After a few moments of just standing there being shook, he awkwardly moved over to stand by Yoongi, leaning over to look at the camera.  “Let me see.”

 

Yoongi nodded and wordlessly look at the picture.  It was a little blurry because Yoongi had rushed the focus, but all Hoseok noticed was the lighting.  The glow of the streetlamp made his skin shine in a pleasant way.  The light reflected brightly off his smile, and his eyes were crinkled at the corners.  His cheekbones were so high that they nearly covered his eyes completely, making him look cute and mischievous.  But the thing that amazed Hoseok the most was with the way Yoongi had angled the camera made Hoseok look like he was levitating, bathed in light and for lack of a better word, beautiful.

 

“Wow,” Hoseok murmured, “you’re really talented.”

 

Yoongi’s heart buzzed with something akin to warmth.  Something about being praised by Hoseok made him feel all weirdly fuzzy on the inside and he didn’t like it.  He offered Hoseok a smile anyway, a crooked, lazy one with a few teeth peeking between his lips.  “Thanks.  But remember, no matter how good the lighting is, or how well the photographer can angle the camera or work Photoshop, that the quality of the photo is up to the subject itself.  You’re a talented subject.”

 

Hoseok repeated his impression of a state, shook at Yoongi’s words, until a smile spread over his face.  A real smile that made him look kind of goofy in a good way, like he was just a regular guy instead of an honors student who tucked his shirt into nice khaki pants that were still maybe too tight for a Thursday night.  It was a contagious smile, one that made Yoongi’s lips spread, revealing all his teeth.  A soft chuckle slipped from Hoseok’s lips as a reaction, and Yoongi’s own smile grew so wide that Hoseok was sure he could count all his teeth if he wanted to. 

 

“Um, thanks?” Hoseok asked more than said, still chuckling softly.  Yoongi decided then that this Jung Hoseok guy was alright.

 

They stood there for a few more minutes, just looking at each other awkwardly, Yoongi with his left arm bent at angle and his fingers grasped tightly around his right elbow and Hoseok still smiling with too-high cheekbones. 

 

“Well, I should go,” Yoongi said, nodding his head in the direction of his apartment, he could’ve sworn he saw just a little bit of disappointment flutter and disappear in Hoseok’s eyes.

 

“Okay.  See you around,” Hoseok said, his smiled dropping a bit, lifting his hand to wave stiffly at Yoongi as the older male turned around and walked back to his apartment with a wave of his own.

 

As Yoongi made the trek back to his apartment, he noticed that the lights decorating the pavement seemed almost useless now that Hoseok wasn’t standing in front of them.  He also noticed that maybe he was just a little bit interested in Hoseok.  Maybe.

 

Just a little.

 

--

 

A couple days later, Saturday, Hoseok found himself walking through campus alongside Jimin.  Jimin needed to go to the library for some book about the history of jazz dance or something like that.  He kept babbling on about it since he had an essay due over it.  Hoseok had zoned him out ages ago.

 

It was particularly hot that day even though it was mid-morning.  Hoseok had even opted for tucking his off-colored and awkwardly-fitting peach shirt into a pair of faded blue jean shorts only a mother could love, but he thought he was looking extra good that day.  He wiped the sweat from his brow, glad that the library and its glorious air conditioning was in sight.  He picked up his pace a little, hoping that Jimin would catch on and speed up too, but the smaller boy instead stopped in his tracks.

 

“Oh, my god,” he said in a low voice that Hoseok wasn’t used to hearing, and his arm was quickly looped with Hoseok’s dragging him not towards the entrance of the library but instead towards the wall where two students were leaning up against it.  One of them he recognized as Yoongi, and the other one with dyed blonde hair and thick eyebrows was someone he didn’t notice.  He wondered why Jimin was making a beeline to them, because they were just standing there minding their own business, but then he noticed that they were smoking cigarettes.  Oh no.

 

“Excuse me, but just what do you think you’re doing?” Jimin came in hot and bossy, releasing Hoseok’s arm as he stood in front of them to place both hands on his hips administratively.  He tried his best to look intimidating, which usually worked with all the freshmen in the dorms when he scolded them, but it was obviously not working on these two. 

 

“Smoking?” Yoongi spared Jimin a glance, and even he was taller than Jimin, surprisingly. 

 

“I can see that, but you’re standing in a tobacco-free zone, so it’s against the rules to smoke here,” Jimin said smugly, and Hoseok could tell this was going to be one of those power-abuse moments.  He wondered if Jimin was going to write these two a ticket or something and report them to campus police.

 

“And you’re standing in a bossy--free zone, so it’s technically against the rules for you to be standing here.  But I guess some rules were meant to be broken,” the guy with blonde hair and thick eyebrows smirked, blowing smoke in Jimin’s general area, making sure to miss his face though. 

 

Jimin stood there, sputtering and twitching his eyebrow in shock.  Hoseok was simply in shock.  Normally he would be extremely angry at the guy for saying that to his best friend, but for some reason, he was covering his mouth to hold back a laugh, his shoulders shaking.  No one had ever talked to Jimin like that before.

 

Yoongi, on the other hand, was doing nothing to hold in his laughter.  He was doubled over, holding his sides as his whole body shook with a wheezing laughter.  Soon, even Hoseok caught the giggles, laughing loudly enough to warrant a slap on the arm from Park “Wounded Pride” Jimin.

 

“Ohhhh my god,” Yoongi said after he had finally calmed down enough to speak words, wiping a tear from his eye and clamping his hand down on the blonde guy’s shoulder.  “Taehyung.”

 

The blonde guy, who Hoseok figured must be Taehyung, just kind of stared blankly past Jimin as the shorter male continued to fume.

 

“Do you know who I am? I am Park Jimin, dorm advisor.  I could have you written up for this and removed from the dorms, you know?”  Jimin lied, he and Hoseok both knew this wouldn’t get them both banned from the dorms.  All the university would do would be to scold them, at best.

 

“Hate to break it to you, Chim Chim,” the Taehyung guy began, taking a final drag from his cigarette, “but Yoongi and I don’t live in any of the dorms.”  He threw his cigarette to the ground and stomped on it, making a show of grinding it hard against the pavement with his heel.

 

Jimin continued to sputter like an embarrassed lawn sprinkler as Taehyung leaned in closer to him, clamping his arm down on his shoulder.  “See you around,” he whispered smoothly, pulling himself away from Jimin and past him just as smoothly.

 

Yoongi copied Taehyung and discarded his cigarette, stomping on it and following Taehyung.  He shot Hoseok a wink as he walked away, his hand flying backwards to give Hoseok a firm pat on the .

 

Now it was Hoseok’s turn to stand there and sputter like an embarrassed lawn sprinkler, reaching his hand out and checking his to make sure it was still there.   After he squeezed both cheeks and was satisfied, he grabbed Jimin and yanked him into the library without waiting for him to regain his ego so at least they could be embarrassed in the air conditioning.

 

--

 

a/n:

 

updates should be pretty frequent but not on a fixed schedule.

if you have any questions or suggestions, leave them in the comments below, and don't forget to subscribe~!