Paradise

A 2Min New Year's Eve Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's Note:  The tittle came upwith a song. I was hearing it at somehow 2Min came to my mind.
                           I'll post the link so you can hear it too as you read this. Hope you like it.

                           Love, Cookiez.  ~♥

Link: Paradise

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Come on, Minnie-ah! Let's go!!" Key's voice shouted impatiently from the shop entrance, hopping slightly as he looked at me with a painful expression

"Yah, I'm paying, I'm paying!!" I answered him as I gave the money to the cashier. "Keep the change" I told her as I grabbed the small gift bag and hushed out of the store right behind Key.

It was cold outside and I could perfectly see my breath in small gushed of white fog. Key ran in front of me waving his arm wildly in the air to call  for a taxi.

"Omo, no one's stopping!" he whined loudly. I joined him and waved my arm as well, jumping up and down at the same time. "Aish, Taemin, why did you have to go shopping today and at this hour!!"

"Mianhae, Key-hyung, but I really had to do this!" I apologized feeling guilt and panic take over me. It was almost midnight and we were still far from the place where we were supposed to be. Finally a taxi stopped in front of us and we hopped in immediately.

"To this address, as fast as you can please!" Key instructed the driver and he took off. He leaned back in the seat and looked at me. "Anyway, what was so important you had to pull me from the party and drag me downtown at this hour in the last night of the year?"

I gave him a guilty smile and opened the package in my hands for him to peek inside. He leaned in and his lips formed a perfect 'o' shape and his eyes lit up with comprehension.

"I had them pre-ordered a month ago, but the store called me saying it would take a while because their goldsmith got sick. I thought I wouldn't have it in time but... They called me half an hour ago to come pick it up." I told him. "I'm sorry Key, I had to come..."

"Aigoo..." he sighed, his eyes watering slightly as he hugged me. "It's ok, Minnie. We'll make it in time, you'll see." he said as he pinched my cheek "Mr. driver, please step on it!" he asked shamelessly. I chuckled as I saw him lean forward as if it would make the vehicle go any faster, and at some point I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pick it up and saw a new message on the screen.

 

From: MyMinho

«Where are you?
You disappeared without a trace...
You're getting me anxious, baby...»

 

I smiled at the little screen and felt a huge urge to hug him really tight. I tapped they keys and wrote my answer.

From: Minnie-ah

«I'm ok, hyung, don't worry.
Had to come out for a while...
But I'll be there right away!
Love you.»

 

His reply didn't take long.

 

From: MyMinho

«(sigh...) You're hopeless...
But I love you just like that.
I'll be here, waiting for you.»

 

"It's him?" Key asked as he observed me with a kind smile. I nodded happily. "I'm very happy for you, Minnie. He's a good boy... and you're perfect for each other."

"I know..." I said and gave him a smile.

"Anyway... He knows if he ever hurts you I'll just rip his head off with a wooden spoon, nice and slowly." Key said calmly, shrugging like it was nothing and I laughed.

"Key hyung!"

"What? You're my baby and always will be, and ummas protect their babies! End of that."

I chuckled and hugged him tight. "Thank you Key." I heard him sniff slightly and when he pulled away he looked busy pulling his phone from his pocket to hide the tears. "What time is it anyway?" he asked as he lit up the screen.

"We're here, Sir." the driver announced and I jumped looking around.

Please log in to read the full chapter