Chapter 1

Jaded

 “Loosen up Dahee; it won’t kill you to be a little spontaneous.”

 Meet Areum: Dahee’s best friend. She was a shining light to Dahee. Always ready to go out and have fun, laugh, make impromptu trips and shop till she dropped. If anyone would make Dahee more spontaneous, Areum could, she just got Dahee. Dahee would be forever grateful for the person Areum was to her. Her best friend and confidant whom she could be real with. 

“Spontaneous? Me do that? No.” Dahee said, lying under the covers of her bed, hiding from another boring lonely Friday night.

“You are the most pathetic human on the face of this earth.”

Meet Jina: Forever faithful cousin of Dahee knew way too much for Dahee’s own good. She was always good for a laugh, random show tune, karaoke night or a good taco. She being her realitve knew Dahee well, but more than that, she was Dahee's other best friend. Jina made Dahee laugh, she made her days always different and fun. 

“I live in a world of pathetic.” Dahee whined. “What’s the point in going out to mingle when you always end up hurt and alone?” Dahee was unlucky in love and her most recent break up, really cut her like a knife. It was painful, it stung and she was blindsided. Merry Christmas to her, she'd been dumped. It wasn't fair and he offered no real explaination into the why. And when he then decided to ignore Dahee's existence, that too hurt. Hurt more than it should of. “No thank you. I will just enjoy my lonely, sad, existence. I will just focus on being an old spinster with 1000 cats, thankyouverymuch.”

“You will not.” Areum said as she threw the covers off of Dahee. “Stop being such a child, go out, drink a little and have some fun. No one is telling you to fall in love, just go, and be spontaneous. Flirt a little, there is no harm in living Dahee, no harm and enjoying being single. Love will find you eventually, probably in the most expected place. Go out and have fun, get to know new people, dance with a stranger. But certainly don't lay here like a sad puppy.”

“Yah. Listen you know me, right? I have found a great balance, make out with the guy, flirt just to get my fill and go about my way. No harm…all fun.” Jina was, in fact, a female player. “Let’s go to Mill Bar, you love it there. Plus oppa will be there and we all know how you love oppa.”

“And how oppa loves you.” Areum interjected.

“Well I mean I do sorta love that place. And, oppa would be disappointed if I didn’t come have a drink. “ Dahee sat up and looked at her friends. “Fine, if oppa is involved, I will leave my sad bed of sadness.” Dahee headed to her closet to find the perfect outfit as Jina and Areum enjoyed their small victory. They both knew Dahee’s weakness, the person she’d get out of bed for, that she’d give up her future spinster status for was, in fact, Bong.

Whether Dahee admitted it or not, Bong Young was someone that could turn even her deepest depression into the brightest ray of sunshine. The three of them met Bong one night after a concert when they stumbled into his bar, bored, needing something new. It was a fresh place, lots of room to dance, food that would put Gordon Ramsey to shame and Bong; Bong Young had owned the bar now for only a couple years, having taken over to help his parents. He was a dancer and while his main life dream had never been to own a bar, he had found his place there. Because of his passion of dancing, he had bought the place next door and turned it into a dance area. It was the best place to be on a Friday night and the girls couldn’t get enough.