Final

One Of Us

Words : 2048

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Hey love, sorry I’m late, work was overwhelming” Yongsun heard a voice behind her. She felt her body turned around without her consent, it was walking to the guy, that guy, her fiancé.

 

She didn’t expect her own hand to slap the guy, hard and harsh until it left red marks on his cheek. “You ! You cheated on me!” She was surprised by her own voice, it was hoarse, hysterical and broken as she yelled at him. Now she remembered she had always had trust issues, many had broken her heart and she had met a few psychologists before. She thought she was over it when she met him, well surprise!

 

“No…” Yongsun didn’t listen, she was in rage and she didn’t know what happened next, because when she opened her eyes, she realized the guy was now on the floor with his head bleeding and a broken vase beside him as well as a golf stick in her hand. It played before her like she was wearing an oculus rift.

 

She could feel the crippling fear inside of her, guilt, frustration, and desperation that she felt that time. She was terrified, hysteric, and she didn’t know what to do. With trembling hands, she called the police, the ambulance to come over, she was crying, sobbing, and she kept on calling his name. Now she remembered, his name was Eric Nam.

 

Yongsun was interrogated and the psychologist detected her unstable mental, so she was put in a mental institution for a while. Her parents and her sister, all refused to meet her and when she was carried by the police car that day, they yelled that they’re ashamed of her, and told her to never see them again, because she was no longer a part of that family.

 

Yongsun now laughed at that truthfully. That was ridiculous! She knew she was kind of insane, but for her family to disown her instead of supporting her? Ha! What a bull!

 

She then remembered why she said she was living somewhere secluded. She was locked in a small room, bright and white with nothing but a white bed. It made her more and more insane every single day, questions and medications, she couldn’t take much of it.

 

Then came one day, where she met the three.

 

She was guided by one of the nurse walking past a door to an unfamiliar hallway and she saw the three in separate cells with three armored guards. They were in much worse condition than her, their body was covered in dirty straitjackets, head hung low and she couldn’t even see their hands. They were locked in a cell, much dirtier than hers. What were they doing there? She wanted to ask the nurse, but she didn’t.

 

Yongsun shuddered when she met the gaze from one of those girls, and now she remembered, it was the gaze of a certain silver haired girl named Moon Byulyi and she was grinning at her.

 

Then she didn’t know what happened, when she was out of that small hallway only containing three of them, the alarm suddenly went off, all the lamps were off, and all she could see was red lights, flashing before her eyes.

 

The nurse beside her panicked, yelling for help and back up, and she was suddenly left alone as the nurse ran to God knows where.

 

Yongsun was curious, she walked back to where the three were, but saw them still inside their cells, even though the door was opened and the guards were gone. She heard screams and yells from other rooms, that’s why there was no nurse, no doctor whatsoever there, because the three of them were literally tied to the chair, and the chair was glued to the floor, they couldn’t do anything anyway.

 

She wondered why the door was opened. She then caught the gaze of the silver haired girl again.

 

“Young lady” She grinned, so wide, so… so mad, that Yongsun was intrigued, she was beautiful and attractive, even in that state.

 

“Can you do me a favor babe?” She tilted her head, oh so crazily before she grinned again lazily, “it’s getting hot in this clothes, can you take me off of it?” She asked.

 

Yongsun felt the tingle in her stomach down to her core. She didn’t know she was attracted to girls before, but, hell yes for her. She was trembling as she walked closer to the sitting girl.

 

“Good, good girl” She cooed when Yongsun was fumbling with her clothes. Her hands were trembling badly, she didn’t know how to open it.

 

“No no no no, don’t panic” She remembered the feeling of her heart pounding in her chest when she looked up and her eyes met this girl, and she knew she was screwed, she was already drawn and controlled, like a puppet.

 

“There’s a knife, in that tray honey” Byulyi looked at the tray not so far from the cell lazily before she looked at her again and she had to control the adrenaline in her veins from exploding. She then felt dry, captivated by the smirk on her face as she said, “please take it so that my hands can be free, would you?”

 

Of course she did. She freed the girl’s hand and she still remembered the extreme happiness from Byulyi’s face, that grin, that madness, that… freedom. She then laughed before walking to the other cell with Yongsun trailing behind.

 

“Damn, you still got games in your hand, even after you turn crazy huh Moon?” It was Hyejin who said that, a small devilish smirk playing on her face as Byulyi freed her as well. “You’re crazy too, so don’t say that” Byulyi grinned at her and Hyejin shrugged. They both then went to the other cell and a small puppy like girl looked up and smiled so adorably at them, it was Wheein.

 

“Aww, you two are not forgetting me!” She exclaimed as they freed her.

 

“Of course we’re not” Hyejin smiled at her.

 

“Can we take her as well?” Wheein pointed at her, at Yongsun, with her pleading eyes and the oldest was surprised.

 

“T-take me… where?” She asked.

 

“Take you somewhere babe” Byulyi grinned, “Well if that’s what the puppy wants” she wrapped her arm around the girl’s shoulder and she tensed up.

 

“What’s your name little goody two shoes?” Hyejin asked, lazily staring at her from head to toe.

 

“K-Kim Yongsun…”

 

“Then let’s go!”

 

“W-wait!” Yongsun tried to free herself from her strong grip as they walked leisurely.

 

“Come on babe, are you going to spend days in this mental when you can be free? You’re not insane, I know, but you will be when you’re here for days and nights” Byulyi grinned lazily and winked at her.

 

“You have people to revenge, right? There’s hate and resentment in your eyes” Hyejin said.

 

“She knows because we’re that manipulative” Wheein grinned, showing her dimples. “We screwed people, because we’ve already screwed ourselves. And you will be too Yongsun, before they screw you” Yongsun couldn’t believe such an evil words came out from such an adorable looking girl.

 

“So babe” Yongsun felt her heart beat faster as she stared at the girl beside her and watched as her grin widened into such a crazy grin, “who do you want to kill?”

 

They bribed her into it, they hypnotized her, controlled her like a lifeless puppet. After they went out of that place, they stole a car, and drove crazily away from all of that mess.

 

Now she remembered where her family was, she killed them, with her own two hands, with a light and happy heart, and she remembered her laughing at their despair with the other three. Now she also remembered, those blonde girls, they weren’t her friends, they were victims. Victims of her as well the other three’s madness.

 

And Yongsun remembered she got caught.

 

But this was her ability, her reason why she was crazy.

 

Four of them had their own ability of madness, ability to deceive and manipulate. Who said insane people were useless? No no, they weren’t useless, they were just crazy, but damn smart.

 

Byulyi was manipulative, she could control everyone, especially girls, with her charm, her way of speaking and acting around them, like how she controlled Yongsun until she became just as crazy as the three of them.

 

Wheein was deceitful. She didn’t look like a mad person to be honest. She looked healthy and normal, as people would say. But she deceived people with that, she lured her victim with her smile and killed them with that same adorable smile with dimples on both of her cheeks.

 

Hyejin was sly, she was smart and sharp. She knew what people were up to, and she knew what other people were feeling and thinking. She knew when people were starting to doubt them or when they called the police, but nobody knew what she was thinking.

 

While Yongsun?

 

Yongsun was their ace whenever they got caught, because she could always make herself forget and deny anything about her madness. She fooled psychologists, polices, professionals, even machines. Nobody knew when she lied, nobody, not even herself.

 

 

 

So when Yongsun woke up the second time, she realized all of those conversations with Byulyi, Wheein and Hyejin were all in her head, as what her mind did every time she was trying to get her memories back.

 

She was also no longer surprised when she was sitting on metal chair in a small room with metal table in front of her, as well as her locked hands and a sleeping? Fainting? Maybe dead officer in front of her, who was probably interviewing her just a second ago.

 

And she wasn’t surprised anymore when the alarm went off and red lights filled her vision, now she was used to it. She was also used to sigh when she got her memory back just in time for the three, who were standing there with their usual grins at the door, carrying guns with them. She then took the key from the officer’s pocket and freed her locked hands.

 

Yongsun shook her head and chuckled, “you guys took longer and longer now”

 

“Byulyi unnie started to dislike this idea of putting you in this kind of situation and she tried to ruin our plans by stupidly trying to barge into this place if Hyejin didn’t stop her. I mean we’re insane, but not stupid, not like her at least” Wheein nudged the girl who was standing lazily beside her with her silver hair and her silver orbs.

 

Yongsun walked to Byulyi with a small smile on her face and a blush on her cheeks as she ped her jacket, so that she could move easily.

 

“We’re supposed to be crazy criminals here, but I feel like watching a ing romance” Hyejin rolled her eyes when she saw the two looked at each other like they were the only ones in the world, before she walked away from the two with Wheein beside her. “We don’t have much time so move fast” she reminded.

 

She shrugged, “come on babe” she showed that lazy half usual grin of her, before wrapping her arm around Yongsun’s waist and kissed her temple.

 

“You’re going to be the end of me” Yongsun whispered as she tip toed and stole a peck from the girl’s lips and Byulyi grinned at her in reply.

 

“Stop it right there!” Both of them groaned when a yell was heard not far from where they were standing. They then grinned at each other.

 

“Another crime to do” Byulyi shrugged.

 

Yongsun squealed excitedly when they both ran away from the police officers, hand in hand, firing their gun and dodging tables and chairs as they happily, crazily, ran away from there.

 

And Yongsun suddenly remembered the words Byulyi said long time ago, when she hesitated to kill her own parents after they ran away from the mental institution, the words which she still remembered so vividly until this time and the words which brought her to this world of madness.

 

‘I know you’ve always wanted to do it Yongsun,

because you’re now one of us’

 

 

 

And Yongsun was glad she listened.