Chapter 1

One Of Us

Words : 2878

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yongsun wondered how she woke up, sitting on a chair in a room with only a round metal table in front of her and three empty metal chairs around it. When she looked around, she noticed she was trapped in a small square room with white walls, covered in something red which she didn’t know whether it was paint or… she shook her head harshly at the possibility.

 

She was scared, terrified even. Where was she? How did she get here? She didn’t remember anything. She bit her lips, trying to calm her pounding heart and her shaking hands. She ran her hand through her golden brown hair, closing her eyes tight, trying to remember what happened.

 

“Oh, she’s awake”

 

Yongsun shot her eyes open when she heard an unfamiliar voice and her heart leaped to when she noticed, there were three other girls sitting on the chairs, staring at her, which she was a hundred percent sure were empty just a second ago.

 

She felt her heart thundering in her chest as she hung her jaw open. “Wh-what the” She tried to get out from her seat but for some kind of unreasonable reason, she couldn’t move her lower muscles. She looked at her numb feet, feeling bewildered as her eyes were wide open, and was ajar, almost feeling like she was hyperventilating from her panic attack.

 

“Calm down, Kim Yongsun” Yongsun looked up when she heard her name and her eyes were met with a pair of silver orbs, which were staring calmly at her. There was no emotion, no fear, no happiness, no curiosity, just… nothing.

 

Yongsun was stunned and intimidated, she gulped the lump in before she opened and closed , trying to say, ask something, but she was just too terrified to even say a coherent word.

 

She heard a chuckle coming from her left and when she turned her head, she was met with a pair of dark brown orbs and a weird sounding laugh coming from the puppy like girl. There was a sign of amusement in her eyes as she grinned at her.

 

“Laughing at her won’t make her calm down, you know” And when Yongsun turned her head to her right to the source of the husky voice, she was met with a dark blue orbs, and a raise of eyebrows, staring curiously at her. Her eyes were alluring and her features were unique and a bit overwhelming.

 

“Who-who in the world…?” Yongsun stuttered as she eyed the three girls warily.

 

“You must be surprised right?” When she looked in front of her now, those silver orbs were painted with mischief and a smirk was evident. She observed the girl and noticed she had a silver hair too, matching with her silver orbs.

 

“Who the hell are you? Where did you come from? Where the hell am I? What the hell is happening? ” Yongsun bombarded them with questions, desperate for answers.

 

“Yongsun unnie” She looked at her left to the dark brown haired girl who had this cute short bangs right above her eyebrows. She would definitely befriend her if she wasn’t in this kind of absurd situation, since she looked the friendliest out of the three.

 

“I’m Jung Wheein, you can call me Wheein for short. This silver hair unnie is Moon Byulyi, and that short hair girl is Ahn Hyejin. You can call us comfortably since we’re all younger than you” The girl, Wheein grinned at her, still with that amusement in her eyes.

 

Yongsun took a turn to look at the three girls carefully. She tried to calm herself down, tried her best to take everything in, and thought about what happened carefully and slowly. Let’s start from these girls,

 

At her left, it was Jung Wheein, a girl who smiled often with dimples on both of her cheeks and a long dark brown hair with short bangs covering her small forehead, stopping right above her eyebrows. She was wearing a black leather jacket with a black tank top inside as well as a black leather shorts and a black heels.

 

Across her was Moon Byulyi, a girl with a pair of silver orbs as well as a long silver silky hair. She had this strong, intense stare and a charming feature. She was wearing a black leather jacket with white buttoned up shirt inside completed with a black tie, as well as a black ripped jeans and black shoes. (Note : she kind of got Yongsun interest there)

 

And at her right was Ahn Hyejin, a girl who had a strong and alluring gaze as well as a short light wavy brown hair and a pair of blue orbs. She was wearing an oversized black sweater that covered down to her thighs and was completed with net stocking and black boots with heels.  Her long red finger nails caught her attention and she shuddered at the thought of those nails stabbing her neck.

 

“Why are you wearing black all over?” She asked the thing that bothered her as soon as she finished observing them.

 

“You do too, unnie” Byulyi grinned and when Yongsun looked at her own clothes, she blushed in embarrassment, she was right, she was also wearing black from head to toe, a black jacket with a short black lacy top inside, revealing her toned stomach as well as  her cleavage, a black leather pants and a black high boots with heels.

 

She suddenly felt conscious about her rather daring choice of clothes, which she didn’t remember having, so she zipped up her jacket a little, covering her lower abdomen.

 

After a few seconds of her trying to rack her brain about her situation, she got into a conclusion to just, it and don’t stress her brain anymore.

 

 “How did you know me?” Yongsun sighed and stared at the three girls suspiciously.

 

“We’ve been observing you since forever unnie” Now the short haired girl said, Hyejin. She smirked challengingly, “we’re pretty interested in you”

 

Yongsun was frustrated. What was she talking about? She furrowed her eyebrows, “I don’t understand…” She sighed exasperatedly, looking to the other two desperately for answers.

 

“Uh, we can’t really explain it to you” Wheein put her index finger on her forehead as seemed like she was thinking hard, before she grinned again, showing her dimples on both cheeks again, “just say, we’re here to accompany you”

 

And for some kind of reason, Yongsun believed her and calmed down a little.

 

“We’re here to ask you some questions too, Yongsun unnie” Byulyi smiled slightly and Yongsun almost swoon for her. Gosh, that was one of a charming smile there.

 

She heard groans coming from both of her sides.

 

“Again with the ‘oh so charming’ smile of yours unnie” Wheein complained.

 

“Stop flirting” Hyejin added.

 

Her attention then went back to Byulyi who was rolling her eyes at the other two before she put her attention back to Yongsun, staring at her intently with her deep silver orbs, and for some kind of reason, Yongsun felt shy.

 

She averted her eyes and felt her cheeks hot.

 

“Yongsun unnie, that’s bad if you already got attached to this player so early in the game” Hyejin warned with an amused expression on her face and Yongsun couldn’t help blushing even more.

 

Byulyi smirked mischievously at her before she opened a red folder on the table, which Yongsun wasn’t sure was there earlier, and looked through the papers in silence. She then looked up and smiled again at her.

 

“Yongsun unnie, can you tell me anything about yourself?” She asked.

 

The oldest eyed her suspiciously, “why should I?”

 

“Aww come on unnie” She looked at a pouting Wheein who was already holding a pen with a small note in front of her, ready to write any detail. Yongsun didn’t know from where these stuffs kept on appearing because honestly, what the hell was happening anyway? All of these didn’t make sense and she hoped she could just wake up on her bed as usual and laughed it off as a weird dream.

 

“Because you lost some of your memories unnie, and we have to keep track to the last time you remember things. Temporary memory loss, just to check up on you” Hyejin explained and Yongsun believed her, again.

 

Yongsun didn’t know she was this easy to bribe, was she under a spell? Or maybe under a hypnotic? She wasn’t sure.

 

“Well, my name is Kim Yongsun, age 25, which you guys knew already” She could see the three of them nodded.

 

“I was born in Seoul, in a pretty well off family and I lived in a luxurious house. My father is a businessman and my mother is a cook. Uh, I also have an older sister.” Yongsun explained, she didn’t really remember much, only a bit of memories here and there about her childhood.

 

“Where are they now?” Yongsun froze in her seat when Byulyi asked her.

 

“Where are they?” She asked herself, frowning, trying to remember. Where the hell are they? She closed her eyes tightly. What the heck? Why can’t I remember?

 

“Don’t force yourself if you don’t remember” Wheein said worriedly.

 

“I just…” Yongsun sighed, staring at the silver orbs in front of her, “I don’t know, but they’re just… far away? I haven’t met them these past few years”

 

“Okay” The three seemed like they noted down something important. “Just continue unnie” Byulyi smiled.

 

“A-alright” Yongsun cleared .

 

“After I finished high school, I went to college and studied uh, psychology for my major, if I wasn’t wrong. I don’t remember about my college life, but I guess, that went just fine. I had a lot of friends, girls. I remember a few of them, but only their faces and not their names.” She frowned at the flash of images.

 

“Do you keep in touch with them now?” Byulyi asked again and Yongsun froze in spot again.

 

“I-I uh…” Yongsun gulped, why do I feel nervously guilty even though I can’t remember? She thought. “I don’t remember”

 

“Uh-uh, well that’s just as much as we expected” Hyejin smiled, satisfied.

 

“Now unnie, do you remember where you live now? Who do you live with? What is your occupation? And who is your friend now?” Wheein bombarded her with questions, a little impatiently and excitedly.

 

“One answer at time, take your time unnie, we have plenty, plenty of times with you” Byulyi said in a way that gave Yongsun a tickle in her stomach and a blush on her cheeks, and her smirk didn’t help either.

 

“Gross” She heard Hyejin mumbled and Byulyi shot her a glare.

 

Yongsun chuckled, for some kind of reason she started to feel really comfortable around them, like she had known them for quite a while. She got a feeling that this comfort she felt was pretty dangerous and she shouldn’t have felt it, but she chose not to care anyway.

 

“Uh well, where I live… hmm” She furrowed her eyebrows, “I once lived somewhere secluded alone? I’m not sure, but I didn’t mingle with other people much. I remember feeling locked up in my own room, like I wasn’t comfortable at all. Maybe because my walls were too white, it gave off a creepy vibe. Nevertheless I think I moved out of that place now, because it’s much more colorful and I’m happier”

 

“Aww” Wheein cooed as she wrote stuffs on her paper.

 

“I remember going on a lot of trips with my friends. I don’t remember them well, but there are three of them. Ah! You three kind of give of the same vibe as my friends, that’s probably why I’m feeling much more comfortable now” Yongsun smiled.

 

“Glad to know you’re comfortable now unnie” Hyejin smiled, “we’ve been trying to make you less nervous”

 

Yongsun grinned, “ah for my occupation” She tilted her head and furrowed her eyebrows, trying to remember. This memory loss was worse than what she had imagined, she couldn’t even remember her own job now.

 

“I don’t… remember? But I vaguely see a lot of running and uh… I don’t know” The oldest grimaced when she felt a slight headache as she tried hard to remember.

 

“Take it easy unnie” Wheein said worriedly when she saw Yongsun massaged her temples.

 

“I was going to give you a few pictures, but if you’re feeling sick, we can talk about other things first” Byulyi suggested, also looking at her with concern.

 

“No no, I’m fine” Yongsun smiled reassuringly.

 

Hyejin then took out some pictures out from the red file, and arranged it in front of the golden haired girl. Yongsun observed the pictures and recognized some of the people in it, and was familiar with the others as well, even though she couldn’t remember.

 

“Now, can you identify these people, unnie?” Wheein asked.

 

“Uh…” Yongsun narrowed her eyebrows, she pointed at a picture of an old man with black hair, a brown haired woman, as well as a woman in her thirties, “These are my family” she said.

 

Byulyi nodded, urging her to continue.

 

“These girls, I’m not sure, but I think they’re my college friends.” She pointed at three pictures of blonde girls. She then looked at the other pictures and furrowed her eyebrows, “I uh, I’m familiar with this guy, but… I don’t really remember…” She picked up the picture of a warm looking man, smiling at the camera, showing his perfect teeth and kind features.

 

“He was your fiancé”

 

Yongsun almost dropped the picture in her hand in shock as she stared at the girl across her.

 

“Wh-what…?” she asked, flabbergasted, disbelief was painted on her face.

 

“You ki-“

 

“Byul!” Hyejin gripped the girl’s fist on the table to stop her.

 

Yongsun gasped slightly when she saw Byulyi’s bright silver orbs turned into a darker shade, angriness and possession were visible in eyes as she stared so intently at her. The calm, collected, professional side of her totally disappeared and she suddenly looked like a whole different person, like… like a beast.

 

She felt somewhat guilty for some kind of reason, which she didn’t understand the reason why. She stayed frozen in her place as her mind wrought havoc with all these emotions and missing memories she couldn’t recall.

 

Wheein sighed, “Guys, we’re out of time, we have to do this now” She glanced at Byulyi who was still trying to calm herself and Hyejin who was helping her by patting her tense hand.

 

Yongsun literally jumped in her seat when she heard Byulyi laughed suddenly. Not that kind of polite small chuckle kind of laugh, it’s a loud, hearty kind of laugh, which she didn’t expect Byulyi to have in her. She stared at her and realized the crinkle in her nose when she laughs and Yongsun smiled slightly at the adorable sight instead of feeling scared or confused.

 

She then saw that smile, that smirk, that grin, and that expression on her face, and that emotion in her eyes.

 

She felt her heart started to pick pace, started to pound in her chest, thundering like a storm, a hurricane inside her. It was an act of adrenaline, rushing through her veins, until she had trouble breathing.

 

It was madness, raw, pure madness in her eyes.

 

It triggered something inside of Yongsun. Something stirred inside of her, and it hit her head like she was hit by a hammer. She groaned as her ears rang, so loud inside her head that she had to close her eyes tight as she clutched and covered both of her ears. She shrieked, yelled and trashed in her seat, but she still couldn’t move out of the chair.

 

“Don’t fight it” It was Hyejin’s voice. When did her voice become so… so… evil? Low, husky, evil and… and teasing, wicked, and amused. She didn’t help, Yongsun knew, she was just sitting there, watching her.

 

“It will end soon” And she heard Wheein’s voice as well despite her loud desperate yells and yelps. It was the same tone as Hyejin’s. No concern, no worries, no, nothing. It was just plain teasing, amused, and it sounded almost crazy.

 

Yongsun couldn’t stop this feeling, she almost went mad. She begged and yelled desperately for anyone to stop the sound from ringing in her ears, to stop the extreme headache in her head, to stop the thundering in her heart, and to stop the constant punch in her gut because she couldn’t take any more second of it.

 

“You feel the pain babe, you have to” She heard whisper from behind her and she could recognize it as Byulyi’s voice, even in this kind of state. She begged for her help with her eyes closed, both hands covering her ears tightly, trying to ease the pain. She then felt cold hands circling her neck and she heard a chuckle, then a laugh, now ringing in her head as well.

 

“You think we’re crazy? Mad?” She heard her asked with such a teasing tone that she could almost see her lazy grin and her amused eyes.

 

“Yongsun” She whispered and Yongsun felt everything, everything became worse.

 

Then it clicked in her mind.

 

 

 

 

She remembered.