Beginning

Confessions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a couple days since Mina’s talk with Jeongyeon at the garden, and yet, every time she remembers the moment shared, she can’t help but smile.

 

Jeongyeon was glad for the trust entrusted, but completely destroyed at Mina’s revelation. I guess I’ll just stare until I graduate. Jeongyeon has been so close to confessing. Had practiced it multiple times in front of her mirror at home, promising herself that she will definitely do it the that day, or the next, or the day after the next. She has built up courage at some point, but almost every time, she would find Mina talking to a boy with heart eyes, or in another situation that makes Jeongyeon lose her confidence.

 

But now she’s thankful. Thankful that she didn’t have the courage then, because if she did, she would surely have been rejected.

 

So, now, Jeongyeon’s prioritizing minimum interactions with Mina. To build walls, to guard herself, to stop liking someone that she thinks, would never accept her feelings. How unfortunate, truly, that Mina did not specify that yes, she did not like confessions, but one coming from Yoo Jeongyeon is certainly a desired exception.

 

--

 

To Jeongyeon’s dismay, since their talk, Mina has started noticing her more. Of course, she’s ecstatic, but being closer to Mina will do her no good. She can’t even stare at Mina as much anymore, because now, Mina always makes sure to recognize her presence whenever she sees her.

 

It even caught the attention of some of Jeongyeon’s friends, like when they were walking in the hallway to go to class one morning, and a passing Mina says a polite, “Hi Jeongyeon!”

 

Even Jeongyeon was surprised and can only raise her hand and nod as a response. Nayeon, who was walking with her, whispers, “You guys are friends now?” To which Jeongyeon mutters, “Something like that.”

 

--

“As you all know, the annual school festival is coming up,” Tzuyu, the class president begins, standing tall in front of the classroom. “We’re trying to do a lot of new things this year, and the student council can really use some help going over some of the smaller, yet still important details regarding the event. Anyone want to volunteer?” The room was silent for a few seconds, until of course, a familiar voice answered to her plea.

 

“I’ll do it,” Jeongyeon states, garnering a few ooh’s and aah’s from the class, as well as a bright smile from the class president. “You’re the best Jeong,” Tzuyu replies, then adds, “However, this might be too much work for one person, is there anyone that would want to help Jeongyeon with-

 

“Me! I can do it,” Mina says loudly, springing up from her seat so fast, she knocked over a book in the process. The girl’s sudden movement caught Sana by surprise, who was sitting next to her, now looking at her with questioning eyes.

 

Meanwhile, Tzuyu overcoming her surprise, nods her head and curtly thanks Mina for the enthusiastic response.

 

“Since when did you care about student council stuff? Don’t you have ballet after school?” Sana asks, just as Mina was picking up the book that she knocked over. She glances quickly over to where Jeongyeon was, but her back was to her. Sana notices where Mina’s eyes were, and was quick to catch on; Mina was her best friend afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter