Chapter 2

From the Ground Up

Jimin looked around nervously. The way Hoseok’s mother stared at him had him squirming in his spot. He wasn’t sure what he was expecting, but –

“Why does she look like she’s ‘bout to pass out?” pointed out Suran as she took hold of Jungguk’s tiny hand to stop him from poking her – again. Once those words were out of Mrs. Jung slumped over her seat, falling onto her husband.

“Mom!” cried out Hoseok and his sister.

“Honey?!” cried out Mr. Jung as he took his wife in arms, tapping her cheek lightly in hopes of awakening her.

Jimin’s parents quickly entered the dining area and pooled around Mrs. Jung. Sure, they hadn’t been introduced yet, but she was Hoseok’s mother! She birthed the man that made their son the happiest man alive!!!!!

Suran quickly handed Jungguk over to Yoongi – receiving a glare form the one-year-old – and dug through her purse. She pulled out a small travel first aid kit and handed over a couple of alcohol pads to her father-in-law. Better than nothing, right?

 

“Have I died?” smiled Mrs. Jung as she slowly came too. “Honey, I think I just saw an angel,” a content sigh left her lips, letting the warmth her husband emanated to seep into her bones.

Mr. Jung chuckled lovingly at his wife. “No, honey, you’re still alive,” he chuckled as he placed a loving kiss his wife’s forehead. “How are you feeling?” he asked.

“I’m okay,” she smiled as he helped her sit back up. “What happened?” she groaned.

“You fainted,” spoke her daughter. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

Mrs. Jung smiled at her daughter and lightly tapped her cheek. “Thank you for worrying. But what caused me to faint?” she looked around the room and spotted petite raven haired woman calming a young man not that much older than her son. His silver/gray hair brushed to the side exposing his unblemished forehead, his brows filled in nicely to match his eye makeup for the day, his plush rosy lips had a tint of gloss. His lethal body was hidden behind a silk shirt that she was sure cost more than her home, (“Oh my – she began to fan herself – who would have thought such body was hidden under such boyish charm,” she told her daughter as they watched Jimin’s performance alongside her son last year).

“Mom,” Hoseok took a deep breath as he stepped towards his boyfriend and wrapped his arms around the younger’s waist from behind and resting his chin on Jimin’s shoulder. “Dad, noona, I’d like you to meet my boyfriend, Kim Jimin. Publicly known as Park Jimin, son of Kim Seokjin and Park Bom.” He smiled his blinding smile. The one he inherited from his mother and the exact one he always makes Jimin fall in love every day.  

“Love, this is my family. My father, Jung Mihyan, my mother Jung Eun-young, and my older sister, Jung Sora,”

“Annyeong, I’m Kim Jimin. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you. I hope we can all get along and have a wonderful relationship,” smiled Jimin, allowing his mother to dab away the tears he had shed a few moments ago. He would have bowed in respect but he already knew his mother – momma bear ready to attack and suffocate her cubs in love – so even if he wanted too he couldn’t. “Mom, stop,” he tried to move his head but she held his chin in a strong grip. “Behave,” he scolded quietly.

“Humph, fine,” she clicked her tongue. Who does this woman think she is, making my baby boy cry like that? She plastered the smile she gives to the press, “Nice to meet you, I’m Choi Bom, Jimin and Yoongi’s mother,” he stuck her hand out to shake the ‘in-laws’. “This is my husband Choi Seunghyun,” she motioned to her husband, who neared and smiled.

“I’m Kim Seokjin, Jimin’s, Yoongi’s, and the bunny’s dad,” he smiled as he pointed to Jungguk, “and my husband Kim Namjoon. I’m so glad we can finally meet. Hoseok has told us so many good things about you,” he smiled – lightly bumping his shoulder against his ex-wife’s. “Shall we sit? Taehyung, my other son, is still stuck in traffic,” he motioned towards the vacant chairs.

“So are Ji-yong and Chaerin. They said there was a major accident on way here,” injected Seunghyun as he bounced a giggling Jungguk in his arms. “I reserved the whole room for the night, so don’t worry about us taking time.” He playfully bit the toddler’s chubby cheek.

“Wow, you all are so beautiful,” whispered Mrs. Jung as she greeted Jimin’s parents, causing her son to smile. She felt embarrassed for fainting in front of such sophisticated people.

**

It was a little after midnight when he arrived at the door of the dance studio – the one he uses for an hour every day from 12-1 A.M. The walls were sound proof but the door was wide open and a soft tune blared through the speakers. He peeked inside and saw his hyung and bandmate sitting against the full-length mirror with two other boys and a girl that looked a bit like Yoongi, watching the boy from the café dance.

It was a different style the teen was used too, but the way the short kid moved with such grace and elegance was mesmerizing. He felt everything the boys was trying to convey. He had never seen such emotion in a dance before.

They music finally stopped and he clapped. Everyone in the room jumped at his loud clapping. “That was amazing! Wow!” he sniffed, unaware he had begun to cry midway through the boy’s dance. “Are you an apprentice here, too? I haven’t seen you before? Are you with the dance crew?” he asked a mile a minute.

“Hoseok, what are you doing here?” Yoongi and the young girl that looked like him were standing in front of him – his bandmate standing a bit closer than the girl – protecting the other’s behind him. “No apprentice under the age of 18 is allowed in the building after 10 P.M. without an adult present. Why are you here?”

The older boy was already scary but the way his voice dropped and his glare intensified had the younger shivering in his place. “Rap Mon Pd-nim sent me over so he could finish up something in his office. He’s dropping me off at home after. Why are you here?” he gulped quietly, not liking the way neither Yoongi and the girl looked at him.”

“Why should we tell you,” hissed the only boy that looked nothing like the other three – his nose and ears a little too big for his lanky frame. “Y-you should l-leave before we call security!” he threatened.

“Tae,” hissed the girl. “Should I run and call Joonie-appa?” she whispered to Yoongi who shook his head no. “Oppa,” she took Yoongi’s hand in hers.

The sudden movement had the young apprentice glance down towards their linked hands. The contrast of skin color was easily spotted – his hyung being the palest of all five of them.

“Oh, kids, I thought you all had left home with Jinnie,” came Namjoon’s bombing voice as he entered the dance studio. “Doesn’t matter, I’m planning on getting a late-night snack of ice cream, who wants some?” smiled the Rap Legend, young business owner, and father of 1 biological son, 1 step-daughter, 2 step-sons, and godfather to his husband’s ex-wife’s son (Don’t ask, long story they never talk about). “Hoseok, sorry, but I won’t be able to stay any longer tonight, so you won’t be able to work on your dance. But,” he smiled, “you are welcome to join use for ice cream.” He invited the boy over to his house.

“Joonie-appa,” came the chubby cheeked boy from the café’s voice. “I don’t think Appa would be okay with bringing home a random boy,” he said in such a timid voice.

“Jiminne,” sigh Namjoon.

‘His name’s Jimin,’ the teen’s name rolled off Hoseok’s tongue nicely.

“Hoseok is your hyung’s bandmate and I’m sure you father will be glad to meet him and finally stop worrying about Suga being murdered in his sleep,” he chuckled, throwing his arm around Hoseok’s shoulder. “Ne?”

“Ne, appa,” smiled the lanky boy. “Can I get strawberry?” he asked.

“I want strawberry, too,” smiled the girl.

“I want chocolate but I also want vanilla,” smiled Jimin.

“Me too,” laughed the youngest of the bunch.

“How ‘bout this,” Namjoon smiled at his children. “How ‘bout we get one huge tub of vanilla, one of strawberry, one of chocolate, some ice cream syrup, cherries, and waffle bowls and we pig out in the living room and give your dad a headache, yeah?” He laughed as his children nodded vigorously – even Yoongi who was already 18 and practically an adult.

 

That night was spent dealing with stolen glances from Yoongi’s sixteen-year-old brother, Jimin. Glares from Yoongi, his twin sister Chaerin, and 13-year-old brother Ji-yong. He wasn’t sure if he enjoyed it or not, but being feed ice cream by Yoongi’s father and 16-year-old brother, Taehyung.

 

**

“Have no fear, Taehyung is here,” came the voice of Hoseok’s best friend and Jimin’s ‘twin’ brother, followed by a ‘Shut up, Tae’ as he his bumped out the way by the only Kim daughter.

“We are so sorry we’re late,” greeted Chaerin as he hugged her parents. “Traffic was horrible.”

“That and the amount of papa-rat-zzi’s waiting outside,” hissed 20-year-old Ji-yong as he took a seat next to his mother. “I swear, we can’t go out as a family without those rats invading the place and ruining our time. Honestly, dad, I know people pay the extra dime to eat here in peace but you should invest in getting restraining orders or something to keep them out. Oh, thank you,” he winked at the pretty, young waitress that place a glass of water in front of him – biting his lip.

“e,” Jimin clicked his tongue, throwing a waded-up receipt he found in his pocket at the younger sibling. “You really should. One of them asked me if I had any idea who the pretty girl with Hobi was,” he smiled at his boyfriend’s sister. “You should get in contact with the newspaper and have them not post any photos. I’m sure Sora-ssi wouldn’t like her privacy invaded.   

 

“Hyung,” whispered Taehyung, nudging Hoseok with his elbow. “Do it! Dooooo Ittttttt!” he repeated earning strange look from his sister.

“TaeTae, I know you wanna taste Hoseok’s lips but they belong to your twin,” hummed Bom, taking a sip of her expensive wine.

“Ew, not into men like Appa and ChimChim, no offence,” he looked at his father then his brother. “Anyway,” he rolled his eyes, “So we all know how Hyung and Chim meet,” Jimin didn’t like that look, “Who tops?”

Chaos erupted. Seokjin coughing on his wine, Namjoon glaring at his son, Seunghyun was red faced, Bom gapped at her godson, while the rest of his sibling and sister-in-law died in their seats from laughter. The Jung family’s reaction was different. Mrs. Jung had her chubby hand over her heart, Mr. Jung was expressionless, and Sora stared at her brother with her jaw dropped.

“Mr. and Mrs. Jung, please ignore my brother, Appa dropped him sever time when he was a baby and we neglected on getting help. Just please ignore him,” nervously chuckled Jimin, hiding his face against his boyfriend’s shoulder. “And to answer your question, my lovely brother from another mother, no one. Unlike you and your flings, Hyung and I decided long ago we weren’t going to have unless it was serious,” he smiled at his brother. Jimin didn’t like talking about in front of strangers. An occasional joke would slip his lips in front of his parents but didn’t talk about his or his siblings life.

“,” came Tae’s reply, kicking Hoseok’s foot of his foot. He has sensitive toes, and his shoes don’t help the pain.

“So, you’re still a ,” asked Yoongi in bleak interest, causing his siblings to go crazy in laughter.

“Thanks for ruining the proposal dinner, Taehyung,” hissed Hoseok as he abruptly stood from his seat. Everything was going so well until Tae opened his big mouth. He had a plan. Introduce Jimin, Jimin’s family, have a lovely dinner, then pop the question. Jimin would cry tears of joy, everyone would huge and be merry. But no Kim Taehyung had to talk about in front of his parents.

He was about to storm off when a warm hand reached out and took hold his wrist. He looked down and saw it was Jimin. He didn’t want to look around, the ringing in his ears cancelled out the laughter that is now silence.

“Hyung?” softly asked Jimin and Hoseok is sure if it wasn’t quiet, he would have missed it.

He looked around the dining area and noticed everyone was silent as well. Not even Jungguk made a sound or tried nuzzling against Suran’s brests. He looked back at his boyfriend. His big beautiful dark eyes clouded by tears – of joy or sadness, he wasn’t sure.

“R-really?” he cleared his throat as he stood up.

“Yeah,” confirmed the rapper. He looked down, avoiding Jimin’s eyes. How could he ask this beautiful man to marry him after embarrassing him in front of everyone?

“Yes,”

Before he could ask what, Jimin had his arms wrapped around his shoulders, attacking his lips with such passion, everything around him disappeared.