Chapter 1

From the Ground Up

The drive to the restaurant was filled by soft chatter between his mother and older sister in the back seat of his new car. He was nervous, if I’m honest. His parents supported him in his life choices but this was something he never told them or his sister. And the weight of the ring box in his pocket was not helping.

“So what’s the reason for tonight’s celebration, Hoskie?” hummed his sister as she adjusted the strap of her heel. “Did you get a promotion? Are you a producer now?” she smiled and reached over to ruffle his hair.

“Stop,” he swatted her hand away. He had spent hours trying to make himself look perfect for tonight and he really didn’t need her ruining his look. At least, not today of all days.

“Sweetie, don’t bother you brother while he’s driving, you could cause an accident,” scolded his mother and she tapped her daughter’s thigh. “There shouldn’t be a reason why your brother wants to have dinner with us.” Mrs. Jung smiled out the tinted window and smiled as she watched the snow begin to fall.

Hoseok coughed, “I just want tonight to be perfect.”

 **

“This is amazing,” gawked his sister as she stepped out of his car. They were at one of Seoul’s finest restaurants. You know the ones you pay extra at to keep the paparazzi out and reservation only? Yeah, that kind.

“This place seems expensive,” whispered Mrs. Jung to her husband, tightening her grip on his hand. “Oh, honey, we don’t need this type of luxury. We’d be okay with just take out,” argued Mrs. Jung, the nervous look in her eyes made her son even more nervous than before.

“No, mom,” he offered his heart shaped smile. “I want to do this and it’s Jimin’s favorite restaurant. Please,” he smiled when she nodded. He was glad she didn’t question him unlike-

“Ohhh, who’s Jimin? Is she pretty,” his sister wiggled her penciled brow.

“Shut up,” he laughed and escorted them in. It’s going to be a long night…

(“Hyung,” called a small voice, startling Hoseok and his friend/bandmate/roommate as they enjoyed a nice coffee on their day off – actually hang out instead of being cooped up in a studio of hours at a time.  He was still getting to know Yoongi-hyung after he had been accepted as an apprentice at BigHit.

He had noticed that JYP and BigHit do several things differently and based from what he had heard from other apprentices Yoongi had been with them since he was a kid and the CEO had big dreams for him, so they (more like Yoongi) had somewhat free reigns when it came to his personal life. So that’s where they found themselves, at the small cafe in the first floor of the building enjoying a nice coffee in the middle of winter. To this very day, Jung Hoseok dubbed the day he met him, with those deep dark eyes, chubby cheeks, button nose, and plush lip, the day he began to question his uality)

“Mrs. Choi has requested that this dinner be held in a Private dining area instead of the main floor or terrace,” smiled the hostess as she escorted the Jung family to the back of the building. “She’ll arrive momentarily,” the young woman smiled as she went to open the door.

“If anyone else here, yet?” smiled back the rapper as she held the door open for him, giving her a slight node.

“I would bring out the confetti but my wife would kill me,” came Yoongi’s husky voice as he stood from his seat to greet his friend’s family. “Mrs. Jung, a pleasure as always,” he greeted Hoseok’s mother with a huge. “Mr. Jung, business is going well, I presume?” he shook Mr. Jung’s hand. “Nice to see you again Noona,” he smiled at Hoseok’s sister. “Before I forget, this is my wife, Suran,” he introduced his wife of two years.

“A pleasure,” smiled Mrs. Jung. “I’m sorry we couldn’t make it to the wedding. My health hasn’t been all too great.” She looked conflicted but the smile Yoongi’s wife sent her ways, she brightened up.

“Shall we sit down as we wait for the others?” Hoseok cleared his throat and he pulled out his sister’s chair.

“It’s no problem,” smiled Suran. “But, hey, that’s the reason we’re here today,” she giggled. She cupped her hands together and sighed, “Isn’t it so romantic? Ow! Did you just pinch me?” she glared at her husband as she rubbed her arm.

He noticed the way her sister was fidgeting in her seat. His sister who was strong willed and fought for what was right. His sister who never let others intimidate her was nervous and he wasn’t used to seeing her like this. He reached over the table to pinch her cheek, avoiding knocking over the glasses of water the waiter had set out a few moments ago.

“What?” she hissed, swatting his hand away?

“You seemed troubled,” he whispered back.

“Well, obviously,” she clicked her tongue. “She’s, like, so beautiful and I’m over here ‘Plain Jane’. So, yes, I’m nervous, okay? What if she’s silently judging me by how I’m dressed or did my make up?”

(“Baby, you look fine,” he sighed for the umpteenth time that day.

“No, you don’t understand, hyung. Look at me? The men on my mother’s side of the family are tall, the men in my father’s side are also tall, and I’m short! Both my parents are beautiful, the people they married are beautiful, and I am not!” shouted Jimin as he stepped out of the in-suite restroom. “I look so ugly! It’s such a shame to be their son,” he stomps over to the bed and lets himself fall face first. “I’m sure they are ashamed to have me as their son,” it came out muffled but it had Hoseok crawling to his boyfriend to comfort him.

He knew Jimin had his insecurities. He was always there for him boyfriend whenever this type of panic fogged the boy’s mind. “Baby, you’re beautiful. Your dads love you and so does your mom. Do you not see how all your parents flaunt you around? You are kind, you are beautiful, you voice is angelic. No one has your heart.” He raised Jimin’s head to kiss away his tears, causing Jimin to prop himself onto his elbows. “Did you not see the interview your parents had?” he asked

“Which set of parents, I have two?” pouted Jimin.

“Your biological,” he rolled his eyes. He smiled at Jimin’s soft ‘no’. The younger had a habit of not watching any interviews is parents had because he was afraid that the host would say something negative to them about him. “Well, I did. They talked about your new single. I had never seen your father smile so brightly before. They talked about your dad’s new movie, talked about how your mom is still such an iconic woman in the music world, even years after she retired. They talked about how Yoongi followed your pop’s footsteps in Hip-Hop and how your followed your mom’s in pop. They even talked a bit about Kookie.”

“Stop lying,” Jimin pushed his away.

“I’m not lying. Your parent’s are very proud of you, Jiminie,” he pulled the younger onto his lap. “I’m proud of you.” After a few moments of he spoke again, “Was this melt down because you didn’t fit in the swim trunks?” he picked at the fabric “Because those are mine and you know your doesn’t fit in them,” chuckled Hoseok as he kissed his boyfriend.

“Shut up, my looks great in anything,” huffed the shorter male, trying to break free from Hoseok’s hug.)

“I am so sorry, I am late,” panted Jimin as he entered the private dining area – his and Yoongi’s little brother, Jungguk, on his hip – breaking him out of this memory. “There is so much traffic. Hi,” he smiled his breath taking smile as he kissed his boyfriend’s lips. “I hope I didn’t keep you waiting long?” he passed the toddler to his sister-in-law. “Are my parents here yet?”

“Hi,” smiled Hoseok as he caught Jimin’s plush lips in a kiss once more. “No, you’re on time and they aren’t here yet. Here,” he stood from his seat and took Jimin’s hand in his. “I have some people I want to introduce you too,” he smiled. “Mom, dad, this is Kim Jimin, my boyfriend.”

“Hello, nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Jung.” He smiled and Hoseok hopes it’s enough for his parents.

No one in the Jung family said anything. Just stared wide eyed at Jimin and Hoseok wasn’t sure if it was because he was and Idol or because he was a man.

“Sorry were so late, your father got lost,” chimed Jimin’s mother as she, her husband, Jimin’s dad, and his husband entered the room. “Bad timing?” she blinked her large child-like eyes.

“P-park Bom, Rap Monster, and Kim Seokjin?” whispered Hoseok’s sister, her face red in shock.

“Choi Seunhyun,” Jimin’s step dad introduced himself, his red fabric made mustache falling off his face. 


I don't see a lot of JiHope on here and that's my second fav. ship. 

My Yoonmin fic has alot of love, I just wish JiHope in general gets the same love. 

Let me know what ya'll think :)