Sweet Nothings

I'll Be Back

She looked at him with her trembling lips and teary eyes, trying hard to catch a breath. "What do you mean you're leaving? Where are you off to?", asked Sooyoung, confused. He looks at her before lowering his head, sighing heavily as he plays with the rocks beneath his shoes. The sun sets beautifully behind him as the light shone across Sooyoung's face. Despite that, her heart wasn't as beautiful as the day was. 

 

"I - I will tell you later. When I get back here, okay?", he said with a forced smile on his face, his fingers gripping onto his lose sleeve. She closed her eyes and heaves a loud sigh as she throws her head back, unsatisfied with his answer. She stepped in closer to him with her face inches away from him, staring into his eyes. Clouds of air forms between their lips, stinging their eyes in the cold weather. 

 

She bit her lower lip and fell on her knees, head down. She cried. She forced herself to breathe calmly and slowly but her heart desires more. More of him. More of everything. She grasp onto her pants, pulling it roughly to withstand the pain in her heart. Confused. Terrified. Mad. She took it all in before she heard footsteps.

 

Footsteps of him leaving. 

 

Sooyoung looked up slowly to those grey canvas, moving in sync with its owner. The sound of rocks being compressed by the shoes echoed in her ears. The same familiar scent left the scene. Those shiny brown hair swift within the breeze. Those long hands and delicate fingers swing by smoothly. Familiar memories starts to fade within the shadows as he left, killing her inside. 

 

And he never came back.