final

Love at First Smile

Chanyeol's POV

~

I’m used to beautiful idols—girls and men alike—used to the ever-present flow of perfection. It’s the life of an idol to look your best and represent perfection, so it doesn’t shock me as much anymore as it used to whenever an extremely pretty person appears before me and smiles a dashing smile. I’ve gotten used to it.

But that however changed when a certain someone just pure-heartedly smiled at me oh so innocently.

Let me explain how I fell for the brightest and yet most realest person in my life.

It was in between Christmas and New Year’s, I was to act as an MC at KBS Song Festival along with Minho-hyung. It went smoothly, interviewing this artist, introducing this group etc. It wasn’t a tough job, not really.

Though that changed when it came to interviewing TwoMin.

We had planned that Taemin and Jimin would hide behind our backs as we introduced them, though I couldn’t help feeling a bit off with Jimin standing so close. I shrugged it off, disregarding it as tiredness.

Then when I glanced at Jimin as I was reciting my line, I stuttered. I quickly played it off by starting again, but I couldn’t help it, I laughed. That was the amount of force Jimin was smiling at me, making me want to grin with him.

His smile was the most beautiful I had ever seen in my life.

It was the most purest and realest smile I had ever received, and when I had to recite my line yet again, I choked on a laugh. I had to regain my posture so I asked Jimin why he was smiling like that and continued with my lines.

I tried to play it off casually, however my insides were melting and trying to force me to let go of my control.

I finished my lines, relieved, and we continued on to watch Red Velvet enter the stage. My shoulders relaxed and I sighed. Man, I thought I had learned how to control my feelings long ago, but Jimin caught me off guard.

“Are you okay?”

I looked up. It was Jimin, concerned eyes, though still smiling.

I nodded, not trusting my voice not to squeal at his cuteness.

Well that changed too, since when Jimin entered his stage later on, he was nothing of the innocent and cute guy I had learned to know was Jimin off-stage. On-stage though, he was the embodiment of iness. Minho-hyung looked at me weirdly and offered me a bottle of water when Jimin decided to hipthrust and I began coughing like a manic.

How in the world had that boy enthralled and bewitched me with just one smile?

How?

I was doomed from that day on. Of course, we kept seeing each other at music shows and he kept ensnaring me into his beautifulness and I kept melting at the sight of that endearing smile of his.

My feelings grew.

They became this big nest inside my heart, heavy but still amazing. I began to long for the next moment I could be in the presence of Park Jimin, began to fantasize about him and what would happen if I told him I fancied him.

It was beginning to get obvious, scratch that, it was always obvious. Just in the presence of that mere angelic dancer, I would go all mushy and lose focus. My members were just starting to take notice that it was because of a certain someone, and not just me being Lay-like, spacing out and stuff.

The members teased me at first, mocking me for pining over a boy that I could easily just go and talk to. Then they started to ship us and do everything in their power to get us in a room together (our shipname is Chanmin, apparently). Though I doubted the truth in that, since I could see how much enjoyment they got from watching me squirm and make a fool of myself in front of Jimin.

The pressure became too much at one point I just bolted from the room when BTS came into our dressing room to wish us luck.

And that’s when the whole of BTS got to know my not-so-secret crush (I was told that Jimin had blushed, albeit I don’t know if I trust the informant—Baekhyun) and Jimin had gone out to look for me, finding me at the boys’ restroom (smart hiding place, I know, don’t judge).

“H-hyung?” he inquired, carefully approaching.

I looked up, half surprised that the core of my torment and pleasure was standing before me, half relieved that I was interrupted in my sulking.

“Hi,” Jimin smiled when our eyes met.

Ergo, my heart just exploded and I just stood there, leaning against the sink, dumbfounded. After maybe 4 minutes of awkward silence and drooling from my part, I got myself together and reminded myself that I was manly and handsome and—

“Your members told me something funny…” he carefully began, but didn’t finish his sentence, letting it hang there.

“Yeah?” I found myself answering. A simple syllable, I trusted my voice as much.

“They have this idea that you may like me, and that’s why you suddenly bolted after seeing me… me smile,” he said it so innocently, almost as if he was embarrassed. My heart melted. “So, I just wanted to come and check up on you.”

After a moment, “are you okay?”

“I’m now.”

And I have no idea where the courage came from, maybe because of how Jimin’s cheeks were tainted pink, or how he barely met my eyes while explaining himself, but somehow I had stepped close to him. Taking hold of his chin, I tipped his head up so he could meet my eyes and for 3 achingly heartbeats I just gazed into those beautiful, twinkling eyes and then—

I kissed him.

I couldn’t help myself, he was practically pleading me to do something, making his eyes twinkle like that.

It was very sweet and awkward at first, me trying to catch up to myself. But then Jimin returned the pressure and I was sure he wanted to be kissed and I wanted to kiss him so badly and I was in no place to deny both urges. I was gone, along with Jimin, as we stood there in the boys’ restroom, kissing.

Unbelievably and ing amazing.

That’s what I remember after parting, because my mind went to mush and complete utter blish at the same time the moment our lips touched.

It’s amazing the power he holds over me.

The moment our eyes met afterwards, he gave me this smile of mischief—a smirk—which I had rarely witnessed in real life, off-stage and not in a music video (I have defiantly not watched BTS’ music videos to an obsessive amount of times, nope).

“Let’s do this more often,” he then said, stepping away (I did not linger after him). “But, let’s do it someplace more… disclosed.”

And that smirk.

, I was so whipped it’s unbelievable I’ve lasted this long without everyone finding out.

I was about to answer, but closed my mouth again, still high from our amazing kiss. Jimin winked at me and then went out of the restroom, leaving me to squeal, scream internally and try to contain the mess of emotions demanding to be showcased.