02.

Serenity

It was lunch time and Jacelyn and the guys gathered outside on the school lawn to eat. It wasn’t an extremely nice day, per say, but it was still a nice enough day to just spend time together outside.

Jacelyn saw Jin, Yoongi and their friends and rolled her eyes. She hoped and prayed that they wouldn’t bother her.

The guys saw where she was looking and looked over. Like Yugyeom, the rest of the guys didn’t trust them. They gave off a bad aura.

“Are they still bothering you, Jace?” Jaebum asked.

“Yes, and it’s so annoying. They keep telling me that they’ll keep trying until I agree to go out with them and that they hate being told no as an answer.”

The guys looked on in annoyance.

‘They should just feel how inferno feels like.’

‘No, let them know how -100 degrees feels.’

‘I’ll make them hallucinate.’

‘I’m going to blow them up and splatter their flesh and blood all over.’

‘I’m going to fry them ‘till they become nothing but ashes.’

‘I’ll let Mother Nature have a go at them.’

‘Give me the honor of messing with their heads.’

‘Calm down, guys.’ Yugyeom knew his hyungs felt the same way he did but they couldn’t be haste about it. They couldn’t take the risk of being exposed, especially since Jacelyn recently got her powers back and she doesn’t even know about them, let alone know how to control them.

Jacelyn was confused, “what do you mean calm down? Everyone’s calm, Yugyeom.”

At her statement, everyone looked at her with widen eyes.

“N-noona, y-you y-you heard me?” Yugyeom stuttered. If she was able to hear that, was she able to hear the beginning?

Jacelyn chuckled, “of course I heard you, I’m not deaf.”

Jinyoung chuckled nervously, “we were just testing you. We thought you went deaf already since you’re always listening to your music so loud.”

Before Jacelyn could pry any further, Yugyeom quickly diverted her attention, “Noona, was that the reason why you looked out of it after class?”

“No. It’s fine, guys. I can take care of them myself. Don’t worry about me.”

Jinyoung chuckled, “J, we’re not worried about that. We know you can take care of yourself. We definitely don’t doubt that.” She was, afterall, the strongest of them all.

Jacelyn didn’t get it. What were they so worried about then?

As if they heard her, Jaebum answered, “We’re worried about them. You’re one hell of a girl to handle.”

“Yah!” Jacelyn playfully smacked Jaebum’s arm.

“What, I’m only telling the truth.”

“Noona, we have to go. Our next class is in 10 minutes.” Youngjae said.

“Oh, Youngjae. Always worried about being late for class. That’s why I like you. Why can’t you guys care about class as much as Youngjae does? You guys are always late for class.” Getting up, the rest of the guys got up as well.

“Go to your own classes, guys. And yes Jackson, I’ll be sure to be there for your fencing match later.”

Jackson lit up. “You remembered! I love you, Jace.” He pulled her into a tight hug and she laughed.

“That’s not fair! Youngjae hyung gets to take you to class. I want to take you to class too!” Bambam pouted.

“He’s in her class, idiot. Let’s go before we’re late.” Yugyeom dragged Bambam away after doing the usual, kiss on the head.

“You stupid giant! I didn’t get to give her a kiss!” Bambam whined.

*****

“Yeah! Go Jackson! Beat him and show him who’s boss!” Jacelyn cheered.

Jackson smirked under his fencing mask. He was up against Namjoon, one of those guys. Surprisingly, they were also interested in fencing but of course, no one could beat Jackson.

‘Trying to show off now, are we?’ Jackson was confused. Who was talking to him? More importantly, who was strong enough to get into his head.

‘Who the hell are you? How did you get in my head?’

The voice chuckled, ‘Don’t you worry your little self about that. Soon enough, you’ll find out - you all will. And when you do, just know that we’re taking Jacelyn. She’s ours. Eventually, she’ll realize she’s meant to be with us, not with you guys.’

At the mention of Jacelyn, Jackson’s blood ran cold. Why are they trying to take her? She wasn’t an object to be possessed over. And then it clicked. They weren’t the only ones who knew about her. They wanted her for their own benefit.

Jackson needed to end this stupid match and speak to the guys. He could’ve easily gotten in their heads but he didn’t want to risk it in case anyone else hears. And so, he used his hyper speed and in a mere second, he won.

He threw off his mask and looked over at Jacelyn sitting with the guys. Worry was etched across his face. Never had he been threatened by someone with Jacelyn. He was going to get to the bottom of it, especially since Jacelyn was on the line.

The guys looked at Jackson with confusion. Why was Jackson suddenly so worried? It seemed like he just saw a ghost, and even if he saw a ghost, he wouldn’t look like that. So why was he like that now?

Jackson turned back to his opponent and bowed but before he left, he could’ve sworn Namjoon gave him a smirk.

Jackson rushed everyone home and locked all the doors and windows.

“Jeez Jackson, why were you in such a rush to get home?” Jacelyn asked, a bit out of breath.

“What’s wrong?” Jaebum asked in a authoritative tone. Jaebum wasn’t the oldest but he knew how to keep everyone in check. It was safe to say that Jaebum was the one they trusted to lead them.

Someone was in my head. This was during my match.” Jackson paced back and forth, still extremely worried. The less he knew, the more worried he was. He hated feeling unsure. He hated not knowing everything he needed to know.

“W-what do you mean someone was in your head?” Jacelyn pried. This felt all too familiar to her. Maybe it was just like what happened in class.

Jacelyn’s question was ignored and instead Jackson said, “They want Jace. No, they said she’s theirs.”

Jacelyn’s eyes widen. What did he mean by that? What did they mean by that? She was no one’s, she was her own.

“What are you talking about, Jackson? Stop it.” Jacelyn was scared now. This was out of character for Jackson. She never saw Jackson worried like this in the years that she had known him.

‘We need to tell her. Now. Before it’s too late.’

“Tell me what?”

Jinyoung shook his head, “It’s too soon. She’s not ready. She won’t be able to handle it.”

“I’m RIGHT here! Stop talking about me like I can’t hear you guys. Tell me what!”

“No, I think Jackson’s right. We need to tell noona. She needs to learn. I trust her that she’ll be able to deal with it.” Yugyeom said. Bambam nodded his head, agreeing with the youngest.

“I swear to you guys, if you guys talk about me one more time like I’m not here, I’m leaving.” Jacelyn threatened. She hated being left in the dark.

Mark sighed. Jaebum was the “leader” but when it really came down to it, Mark was the decision-maker. “You’re not human.” For the first time since the match, Mark spoke.

Jacelyn stood there, blinking her eyes, unable to comprehend what she was told. She’s not human? Then what is she?