CHAPTER 7

내꺼 하자!!! (Be Mine!!!)

 

 (Shone’s POV)

Time passed by so fast. Even I didn’t realize that it’s already 2 months since I first came to Korea. Now it’s time to say goodbye. I thought, when I first came to Korea, it wasn’t hard enough to say goodbye to my Korean classmates and schoolmates. But now, it wasn’t easy to say goodbye to them, especially No Minjung…

That whole day, I was just staring at Minjung. She felt weird, and then asked me why. But I didn’t tell her that I’ll be going back to Thailand tomorrow. I just said that she’s pretty. Then, she hit me on the shoulder. I just laughed and ruffled her hair. She smiled and also ruffled my hair. I know that she hates when her hair being ruffled, but I want to be like Hyunseong hyung. When Hyunseong hyung ruffle her hair, she didn’t even mad, but just smile sweetly. I felt jealous at first. Why Hyunseong hyung is the only person that can ruffle her hair? But now, I’m one of the people that can ruffle her hair without bringing up her anger.

“Minjung-ah, can I ask you one thing??” I asked her when we were at the café.

“What is it?” she said while drinking his Americano coffee.

“Why Hyunseong hyung and I are the only people that can ruffle your hair? Why do you hate when somebody else ruffle your hair?”

“Because I really love my hair. So, I won’t let anyone else ruffle my hair except for the people I love, care and close to.”

“But, Minwoo didn’t even dare to touch your hair.”

“That’s because he’s a coward...haha...Actually I didn’t even care if he wants to ruffle my hair because I love him but he didn’t dare because I’m his noona.”

“So, you love Hyunseong hyung?”

“Of course. He’s my number 2 best buddy. We’ve been together since we were kids. It’s impossible if I didn’t love him.”

“How about me?” I slowly asked, and gulped my saliva. She looked at me.

“You’re my number 4 best buddy. Of course I love you. I love all my friends but I love my best buddies more.” She smiled.

“Number 4? Why I’m the forth?”

“Because there are 2 people more that I really love and care.”

“Who is it?”

“Number 3 goes to Minwoo of course. He’s my dong-saeng and he’s like my friend too.”

“Number 1??”

“Number 1…goes to the person that I really missed right now.” She then looked down. I just focused on her.

“He’s my cousin. It’s been 5 years since I last saw him. We were really close back then. His father, which is my uncle, helps us a lot in our finance since our parents died. Now, I don’t know where he is. My uncle didn’t even tell me about him even if I ask. Maybe he asked my uncle to keep it a secret from me. I don’t know. But one thing for sure, I always wait for him to come back and see me. I really missed him to death. I can’t believe that he actually left me without leaving a clue about where he will be going to me.” I saw her tears went down. I wiped her tears with my bare hand.

“Don’t cry. I don’t want seeing you crying on my last day here.” I accidentally said that to her.

“Where are you going?” she asked while wiping her tears and looked at me.

“Nowhere…I’m right here besides you.” I said, didn’t want to make her more sad.

“Mind if I ask his name?” I asked after both of us kept quiet for a while. I want to know who that lucky guy is, being missed to death by our dearly No Minjung.

“His name is Kim Donghyun…” she answered.

 

(Donghyun’s POV)

“Donghyun oppa~” I heard those girls calling my name. Oh no! Those spoilt girls again. I sighed and turned around. I gave them a fake smile.

“Donghyun oppa, do you have free time tonight? I guess you’ll be free tonight since all of your assignments have been submitted and there’s no new assignments given to you lately.” One of the girls said.

“How do you know all that?” I asked, still giving them a fake smile. She just smiled.

“What if I’m free??” I asked again.

“I want to ask you out. If can, I want to call it as a date. We can go to the club or wherever you want to go.”

“What’s your name?”

“Minjung.” She answered. I froze. That name…I really missed that name. I tried to contact her, but when I hear her voice, I can’t say a word. My tears just flow quietly. I really missed her.

“Oppa…” that girl’s voice brought me back to reality. I looked at her.

“I’m sorry, Minjung. I have something else that worth to do tonight.”

“What is it?”

“Calling and chatting with my mum…” I smiled and left those girls. Sorry, girls. I will just date a girl who I really love with all my heart. And that one naughty girl has captured my heart. I smiled, thinking about that naughty girl. She’s naughty, stealing my heart and never give it back to me. Now, I have to capture that girl so that I will have a heart. Hahaha~

“What do we have here…A hottie walking alone while smiling? Thinking about your special girl, huh?” I heard Hyeri’s voice from the back. She walked towards me and ruffled my hair.

“Yah, I told you not to ruffle my hair!!” I exclaimed and pushed her hand from touching my hair.

“Sorry, I forgot that only your special girl can touch your hair.”

“Thank you that you’ve remembered it now…”

“Hey, calm down. Why are you willing to wait for her for years? There’s many girls maybe are better than her here. Come on, it’s not that no one is interested in you. Look, you’re a hottie, the hottest guy in this campus. Every girl dreamt about being your girlfriend. You can just pluck your finger once, and there will be hundreds of girls lining up, to have a date with you. Even those foreign students are interested in you.”

“Shut your mouth and stop with all that nonsense.”

“Look…” she pulled me and pointed to a group of foreign female students. They were waving at me and giving me their flying kiss.

“I’ll not change my mind.”

“How about me?” she suddenly asked. I looked at her weirdly.

“Are you crazy? Why would I date you?” I laughed.

“I’m serious, you know…” she said with a serious tone. I stopped laughing.

“You know what; you’re the first person in this campus that approached me on my first day here. You helped me by showing me where the office is. Since that, I started to like you. I tried to be friends with you. I thought, when we’re already close, I can express my feelings to you and you’ll accept me because…because we’re close enough and maybe you will have the same feelings towards me.” I looked at her. She was already in tears.

“Hyeri…”

“I know that maybe you can’t remember what happen that day. That fine day, the first time I met you. Maybe you didn’t even know that girl who is clueless back then was me. 23rd March 2005, the day when I first fall in love with a guy. You’re the first guy that I fall in love with.”

“Hyeri, I…”

“I know that you love her, but can’t you just let her go? She didn’t even love you.”

“No, I can’t…”

“What’s so special about that stupid, reckless girl??!!!!” she yelled.

“Don’t you even dare to say anything bad about her! You don’t have the right to say that!!”

“What does she have that I don’t? I will do anything as long as you’ll accept me.”

“She’s No Minjung. But you’re Lee Hyeri. That makes big difference between you and her. She acts normally, like she usually does. But you are acting like someone else, trying to capture someone’s heart by acting to be someone else, not you yourself. That what makes me so disappointed towards you. At least, those spoilt girls act like who they are. You’re even worse than them.” I said and left her alone.

I pushed the “Call” button on my phone. Beep beep…..beep beep….. I waited for the phone call to be answered. Suddenly…

“Hello??” that voice said. The voice that I missed a lot.

“Hello?? Can you say something?” she asked. I just kept quiet. After I while, she ended the phone call.

“I missed you, No Minjung. I missed you to death…”