Debut

Life and Times of an Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A chilly wind breezes through the wintery air, snow peacefully drapes across the landscape. A young boy stood on top of a lonely hill, overlooking the view of Sapporo's snow-blanketed buildings and streets.

"OKA-SAN! OKA-SAN! LOOK! ITS OBACHAN AND OJICHAN'S HOUSE!" The boy pointed towards the direction while exclaiming.

"Oho Ao-kun is so clever, ka-san can't even see the building from here but you already know where our place is!" The young pretty woman beamed towards her son. "But be careful Ao-kun or you may injure yourself there. Come come," as she held her son's small hands and nudged him towards a more secure spot. The boy, still in awe of the view, willingly followed.

As he was taking in the landscape, a thought crossed his mind. "Ka-san, when are we going back?" 

"Oh, Ao-kun, we just got here, why are you in such a hurry?" Laughed his mother.

"No, ka-san, I meant when are we flying back home." The child stared up at his mother solemnly.

"Ahh, nande? You don't want to leave?" Her son shook his head firmly. "Neh, Ao-kun," she knelt on one knee, looking at her son in the eyes, "Don't worry, we get to visit your obachan and ojichan twice a year in Hokkaido, okay? Besides, USA is also an amazing place to live in, don't you think so? Our house is really pretty too!"

"I guess so..." he pouted. "Neh, Aoki, don't make that face. Come, let oka-san sing you your favourite song, so don't be sad okay?" the mother said as she hugged the child.

"Okay...but ka-san, can I sing along this time? I want the whole world to listen to my favourite song, since we're on a hill. 

"Of course! Come, let's sing together," as the woman held her son and started singing a soothing melody while facing the town before them. The boy joined his mother and sang his lungs out.

Sound silent, vision blurred, then fade to black. A distant voice called out.

"Aoki! Yah! Aoki!"


Aoki POV

*groans* "...Hmm....wha-"
"Wake up Aoki, dammit. You're late!"
My tired squinting eyes stared up at Haeshin-hyung with confusion.
"Late for what...?" I murmured, still feeling the after-effects of waking up.

"It's debut day, you sleepy head! Thank god I found you in time, or I won't get to hear the end of JYP PD-nim's nagging! What are you even doing sleeping in the practice room anyways? I thought the managers all gave permission for us to rest early for today's debut stage?"
My mind was processing that info for awhile. "Oh...uhhh...I was...practicing? Isn't that why I'm in the practice room in the first place?" I gave hyung a quick sleepy grin before rubbing my eyes, trying to wake myself.
"Yah, Aoki, don't overexert yourself. If anything happened to you during your practice then it'll be a huge problem, considering it's our debut stage today!"
I chuckled, "I'm fine, hyung, chill. You know I rarely get injured. Besides, doesn't hurt to be over-prepared rather than underprepared, right?" I gave a light smile.
"Alright alright I get your point, now please get yourself readied up, you look like a mess. And also," Hyung pinched his nose and moved a step away from me, "You reek, go shower please, jisoos,"
I let out a laugh as I stretched my limbs and pushed myself up.
"The others are already having breakfast, pick up the pace, shoo shoo, go, fast!" hyung ushered me.
"Alright okay I'm going I'm going," I shrugged. I packed up my stuff and followed Shin-hyung out of the room.

Hyung left to tend to other matters soon after. As I was about to leave the main building and make my way towards the dorm, I saw TWICE sunbaenims walking towards me.

"Ah, Aoki-ssi! Good morning!" beamed Jihyo-noona from across the hallway. The others followed suit soon afterwards.
"Omo, good morning Aoki-ssi! Fancy seeing you here, especially today," Nayeon-noona exclaimed.
"Eh~ G-good morning sunbaenims!" I answered, surprised at their appearance.

"Aren't you supposed to be having your debut stage later?" asked Dahyun.
"Oh...yea I was just about to leave and get ready for it. I was putting in some extra practice yesterday night, so that's why I was here...hehe," I nervously replied.
"Ohhh, really? Haha then its best if we don't waste your time anymore than we need to, you should go and get ready," Jihyo-noona urged.
"Alright, thanks noona! I'll get going then, bye!"
"Aoki-ssi hwaiting!" TWICE sunbaenims all cheered for me.
I paused my steps, hesitating for awhile before turning to them again. "Oh...right. Before I go, I just want to say...all of you look pretty today...Hehe, okay time to run. Bye again!" I added before rushing off again.
"Omo! Thank you, Aoki-ssi! Good luck!" TWICE said in unison.


I breathed a sigh of relief, my palms were already sweating. It's actually a wonder why my face didn't break a sweat when TWICE sunbaenims were talking to me. I don't usually chat up girls, let alone girls from idol groups. And yes, I'm awkward around girls, especially ones that I don't really know well...though the opposite holds true for girls I'm close to.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter