Chapter 1

First Love

“Finally, the exams are over!”

My head turned to the direction where the sound came from and I saw my friends walking towards me. I was at the school field and I was sitting under a tree while waiting for my friends to come back. I smiled as I waved at them and Baekhyun started running towards me while squealing. And I swear that the people around us was looking at him weirdly.

“Hey! What was that all about?” I asked as I grabbed the hamburger Baekhyun was handing to me.

“I just missed you and I was just excited to see you,” he answered as he sat beside me and I gave him an ‘are-you-kidding-me’ look. “What?”

“You missed me? Are you serious? Let me remind you, we are classmates and we are seatmates. And just a few moments ago, we walked here together and you just left with the other guys to buy some food and the girls went to use the restroom.”

“Well, you can’t blame him, Hae Soo,” Kyungsoo said as he sat on the spot across me and the other two guys, Joonmyun and Chanyeol sat beside him. “You two are practically together all the time since the school year started.”

Out of all the guys in our circle, Baekhyun was the closest to me since we are both student council officers. And in our school, we have something like internship for the high school seniors. Baekhyun and I became closer than ever since we were assigned in the same office.

“Yeah. I just can’t help but miss my internship buddy. Why are you so cruel to me?” Baekhyun pouted and I swear I had the urge to punch him and break his nose.

“Stop doing that or else our friendship is over,” I said in a monotonous voice as I glared at Baekhyun and the other guys just laughed.

“Hey! What are you laughing about? Are you talking behind our backs? I can’t believe you betrayed us, Ji Hae Soo!” My best friend, Su Jin, exclaimed as she sat on the vacant spot beside me and laid her head on Chanyeol’s lap.

“Su Jin! You’re taking up so much space. Give some room for me and Hana,” Ji Eun said as she playfully sat on Su Jin’s lap who was still lying down.

“Oh my gosh. You’re so heavy! Get off me!” I just rolled my eyes at the scene before my eyes. It is something that always happens so I don’t need to worry about them. I just can’t believe I am friends with these people.

We are all schoolmates since our freshman year but we were really not this close. We were not in the same class during the freshman and sophomore year and we only became classmates during the junior year. Baekhyun and Su Jin were my classmates during the sophomore year but I was only close with Su Jin back then since Baekhyun had a different circle of friends. I don’t really know how our friendship started. It just happened. We were just walking home together and an indestructible bond was formed.

“So aside from eating and bickering like this, what should we do?” Joonmyun asked.

“I told you. We should have went to Baekhyun’s house instead. We can play games in his Xbox and we can watch movies,” Chanyeol whined together with Ji Eun.

“How about we tell each other about our secrets?” Hana suggested and everybody groaned in disapproval.

“We already know everybody’s secrets. I mean we are best friends. I assume that we tell each other everything, right?” Chanyeol said.

“I don’t think so,” I said and everybody looked at me with unreadable expressions. “What?”

“Are you indirectly telling us that you are hiding something from us?” Joonmyun asked.

“Hmmm. It’s not about me,” I answered as I subtly glanced at Baekhyun and Su Jin’s direction and they both gave me a look that says, ‘SHUT UP IF YOU DON’T WANT ME TO KILL YOU RIGHT HERE!’

Unfortunately, Hana noticed the glance I gave the two. “It’s set then. Let’s tell each other our secrets. Now that I’ve realized, it’s been so long since we had a talk like this.”

“Who’s going to start?” Su Jin asked.

“Let’s start with you since you’re the one who asked and then you’re going to pick who is next,” Hana answered.

“What? Me? But what am I going to share?”

“Oh, I’m pretty sure you’ve shared something with me that you haven’t told them yet,” I said as I smirked at Su Jin and if glares can kill, I’m sure I’d be dead right now.

“Go on, tell us,” Joonmyun urged her and I am now laughing inside my head.

“Hae Soo, you are dead after this. Got it?” Su Jin told me and I just laughed at her.

“So, what is it?” Chanyeol is now being himself. Nosy Chanyeol is nosy.

“The truth is I have someone I like right now,” Su Jin paused and everybody looked at her anticipating what she will say next. “But I’m really too shy to tell you guys right now.”

“Who is it? Is it somebody we know? Is that somebody here right now?” Hana asked and Su Jin nodded at her, making everyone more nervous yet excited.

“I actually like,” Su Jin started again and I swear that moment, everybody was holding their breaths and I’m just all relaxed since I know who it is. “I like you, Joonmyun,” Su Jin finally confessed and she hung her head low because she was blushing.

“Wow! I didn’t see that one coming. Good job hiding, Su Jin!” Chanyeol said while clapping his hands and now everybody was teasing them and Joonmyun was just as flustered as Su Jin was.

“So, since that was a big confession from Su Jin, I’m pretty sure that we are all curious about Joonmyun’s reaction so he should be next,” I suggested and everybody agreed except Su Jin who is still embarrassed.

“What? Me?” Joonmyun stuttered.

“Yes. You’re next. Tell us about your thoughts about Su Jin liking you,” I said ignoring the glare Su Jin was giving me.

“I’m really flattered, you know. Thank you for liking me, Su Jin,” Joonmyun paused. “But I don’t want to ruin the friendship we have right now. I guess you already know what I’m saying, right?”

I just wanted to punch myself right there. I feel so bad because Su Jin is my best friend and I should have known that things will turn out this way.

“It’s okay. It’s not a big deal,” Su Jin said but I know better. I know that it is not okay at all.

“I’m really sorry,” Joonmyun said as she looked at Su Jin. I just hugged Su Jin and told her that I am sorry but she said that she’ll get over it soon.

Joonmyun picked Baekhyun to be next and his revelation was another shocking one. He told everyone that he is biual but it didn’t shock me anymore since I knew about it already. He opened up to me when we were in the office taking our break. There was no negative reaction to it and we told him that we’ll accept him no matter what.

Chanyeol went next and he just told us that he’s starting to like a girl from the other class and it’s not big news since he was kind of obvious. Ji Eun revealed that when we were in the 5th grade, Chanyeol was his classmate and he liked her since then and it lasted until we started high school. Kyungsoo said that he kind of liked me before and I was surprised because I didn’t notice that. Hana confessed that she is in a ‘some’ relationship with someone.

And now, I am the only one who haven’t said anything yet.

“But I really don’t have anything to say,” I said for the third time because I really don’t hide secrets from them and I really don’t have something interesting enough to reveal.

“Now that I come to think of it, you haven’t told us about how your past relationship was like,” Chanyeol said and everybody went, “Yeah, we only knew that you have an ex.” “Yeah, you never really talked about him.”

“I’m pretty sure that I am the closest to you but I’ve realized that the only thing you told me about your ex is his name,” Su Jin said. “What was it again?”

“Kris Wu,” I answered trying to hide the pain I am feeling right now. I don’t even want to remember his name. Just remembering it brings me so much pain.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's it for the first chapter. If you like it, subscribe. If you love it, upvote! Thank you! Please leave a comment so that I can improve. :)