[2] the revolutionaries amongst foolish men

warring light amongst blue infinities

 

 

 

Taeyong is the composition of fallen stars and practiced bad habits since he was little. He was a no good to both of his parents and society, and pretty much himself. There are moments when he just stops and attempts to think why everything had come to this point, but everything have gone too far to the point turning the wheel would be pointless for him. Taeyong had thought that the world has ended in high school. He is not alone in this, because most people find high school as the most dreaded phase in their life. But really, youthful beings live too short of a lifetime to realize that life has so much things to offer than high school. 

In all honesty, he isn't too much of a bad kid in high school. Middle school deliquencies had taken its toll for him with a whole summer filled only with his parents lecture, how being the person he used to be would only give him nothing but a bleak future. So basically, he is included in the normal category. Putting asides of the fact that most people who have seen the fall of his bad habits crumble from his fingers like dusts, and the friends he never really minded become ghosts in his life. As high school comes, old friends wither away like old elementary school text books you donate to some local orphanage. When your views and principles of the real world change, different kinds of people will stumble along your way. 

That doesn't happen to him, apparently. He keeps getting surrounded by people with greed and glory hanging by their collars. Taeyong has a choice to knock them off or keep them as friends. He chooses ignorance, because throughout all his life after middle school, he has learnt that ignorance is the very source of bliss. Bliss is what he earns, with a shade of bruise marking his temple and cheek every Thursday.

He picks himself up gingerly like any other Thursday, Seungcheol is standing in front of him with both of his hands in his pocket, a dent marked between his eyebrows draw a contented smile to Taeyong's pale complexion. He doesn't care that he is being beaten up in front of Seungcheol's friends, circling him around seemingly like a boxing stadium. He has been doing this since last year, and the dedication he has in targeting Taeyong cheers him up a little. 

"No matter how hard you try, you'll never get a piece of me. Never," he chuckles in mockery, which only makes Seungcheol's skin shivers. The fact that he is determined to not punch him back stores in fear that Taeyong will do something even worse to him. Even with that thought in mind, Seungcheol knows that this will happen for another Thursday. With that, he leaves with his friends without a word, just some guys spitting in front of his direction, muttering words of mockery and irritation towards his resistance.

Around this hour, he'll have to force himself to walk to the infirmary, just because he knows going home this way won't do him any good. When he walks in, the usual doctor in charge happens to be taking care of someone behind closed curtains. He shrugs it off and continues to lie down in the unoccupied bed.

"Are you sure something really fell to your wrist? That it turned out to be like this? Because this doesn't look like it."

"Yes, of course," a grunt echoes throughout the small room. Taeyong pretends to not mind. He doesn't mind a lot of people in the first place, unlike in the past.

The sound of opened curtains whir against his ears and brown locks come into his vision, swaying for a glimpse. His obsidian eyes came in contact with piercing, hazel eyes. 

Oh. Seulgi. She shoots him a disatisfied look before walking out. Specks of flame burn the edges of her hair tips as she exits the door. He's in trouble, for real.

"Oh, you again? What happened again this time?!" 

He smiles sheepishly, the bruise on his cheek makes it difficult to form a proper smile. "Like the usual. Well, you know."

"Why don't you ever fight back?"

"Wait, you're not supposed to be saying this to me."

Handing him a cold bag of ice, he shrugs his shoulders. "At least I'd fight if I were in your place. A good punch is good to scare the cowards off. Trust me."

Taeyong shakes his head, thanking him for the good advice with a smile.. "Violence will be the last of my resolve, Mr. Kim."

 

 

"You should start standing up for yourself. I don't want to get hurt out of the blue like this," she tries to keep her composure and her emotions steady, flickers of light snapping now and then to start a fire right before her. 

"I don't resort to violence. I have told you a thousand times already," Taeyong stands gingerly near the railings of the rooftop in their school. "Just it up."

She rises to her feet, marching up to his side in angry steps. "Excuse me, but I didn't ask to be bound to you in the first place. So at least, you should take care of yourself to not hurt me-"

"Or I'll do it myself. I'm not afraid to hurt someone," Taeyong sees the flames igniting inside of her eyes. He sighs, leaning to the railings.

"You'll only expose yourself. Do you want that? For me?"

She rolls her eyes. "I am supposed to guard you in the first place. This is my punishment. My task includes of protecting you."

He looks up at the sky, clouds moving deliberately to the east. "Did you know why He sent you to me?"

She deliberately leans to the railing beside him. "I wonder. Perhaps, He has great plans for you ahead. I'm not wise enough to tell-"

"But I seriously think you should stand up for yourself. If you want to change the world, it all has to begin from yourself. Violence is the last I advice for you. But for this case, it should be done." Seulgi speaks more as a being that she is supposed to be, someone from a higher place from this earth below. Her voice takes its change, sounding more faraway and thick with age. 

"Seungcheol has gone too far," a small lilly blooms out from the palm of her hand. Seulgi makes small miracles like that, sometimes. "Sometimes, He is just too forgiving of His children," less than a minute it withers and become one with the wind. She is no God after all, just an angel who guards him.

Taeyong turns to Seulgi and recalls the first time she appears before him, in linen and golden halo, with white dove wings so big she has to fold them whenever it's visible. He had asked her what's the colour of her blood and she said it's gold, and her heart is gold too.

"How come your race seems more brilliant than us humans?"

"Because we are bound to protect Him and his creatures. That includes everyone of you. And well, your kind has broken the rules God bestowed upon everyone of you back then. I think that's enough explanation. But He still loves you all very much dearly," Seulgi chants this with a smile. When angels smile, the wind stills and the sun shines a little softer as they become the source of light. This is Taeyong's observation. He thinks Seulgi is ethereal, but perhaps that is what it means to be angels.

"I'm just waiting for the right time to throw them off, by the way," Taeyong mumbles  lightly. "I don't have enough reason to fight him back."

"You're just prolonging my time on Earth," specks of flames fly out of her hair. Taeyong can care less for that. She's not going to harm him.

"It's not a punishment for you if it's going to be easy."

 

Author's Note:

So fhat's Taeyong/Seulgi! I'm sorry if it's not too good since I don't know, I'm not into this ship but yeah, a challenge for me, so thank you!