one

Three Minutes

Hoseok is a lot of things. He’s hilarious, beautiful, kind, compassionate, hard working and talented, if you could say so yourself. But if his name and any form of compliment slipped out of anyone’s mouth in the same sentence, he’d be nothing but humble; cheeks pinking and words of denial muttered under his breath. Although, everyone knew that deep down, he knows that it's all true. Something you’d say Hoseok didn’t know he was, though?

Your crush.

He’s hilarious, beautiful, kind, compassionate, hard working, talented and quite possibly the love of your life. And god help you, if he did know.

--

It’s a bright and early Friday morning that sounds like robins singing from the trees and breakfast sizzling on the frying pan. You wake up to the sound of your alarm that is your favourite song at the moment and you grumble, literally rolling out of bed, your hair disheveled. You quickly tap on the phone’s screen before setting it down to carry out your morning routine.

As if on cue, your phone vibrates numerous times. Jin, you roll your eyes as you leave it to vibrate for what seems like forever.

Your best friend was talented. He could sing, act and could pass as a good dancer if you looked from afar. His fourth talent? “Double” texting (that was more like twenty-texting in his case).

Jin: hey
Jin: are u awake
Jin: ???????
Jin: why aren’t u replying to my texts
Jin: ???????????//////// is this
Jin: what 6? 7? Years of friendship means?
Jin: not replying to tests
Jin: texts*
Jin: lmao tests
Jin: ????????? I need to talk about something important
Jin: ok u I’ll ask someone else to come with me to Namjoon’s party
Jin: binch

By the time you checked your phone, you were in front of your locker, putting your binders away and being glared at your by supposed mature, senior student best friend.

“All I’m asking is that you send your messages in sentences and that you don’t break up every word and send them as an individual text,” you said plainly, causing Jin glare at you even harder. “Anyways, why is Namjoon throwing a party?”

“Taehyung and Jimin somehow convinced him that people throw really late parties for Easter,” Jin replies, walking you to your class.

“A party for the lord that involves alcohol and possibly inappropriate dancing?” you ask, incredulously.

“…Yes.”

“…Nearly two months after Easter?”

“Okay listen, Namjoon is whipped for those kids,” Jin sighs in exasperation.

You shake your head and laugh at the idea. Surely there’s no way Namjoon could back out of this now that word has spread. There hasn’t been one party that Namjoon has thrown that wasn’t influenced by Taehyung, Jimin or Jungkook. The other thing that his parties had in common was that they didn’t involve you. Ever.

You were never a party animal and you pretty sure that you’d never become one. You didn’t drink, let alone grind at your school’s semi formal. Despite being invited to every single party, not once have you ever actually gone to one. “No thanks,” you reply curtly, pressing your lips together. “You know I don’t party, so I don’t know why this time’s any different,” you sigh, hanging outside your classroom’s door

“Morning,” you hear a voice behind you say, causing you to blush. That bright and welcoming voice could only belong to one person.

“Morning Hobi,” Jin greets back as you curse under your breath, turning around to face the man that God spent extra time in creating.

“Good morning,” you smile at your classmate, cheeks still tinted.

It wasn’t like you were so infatuated with him that you couldn’t hold a proper conversation. It was never like that; not once in the three years that you’ve liked him. It was difficult not holding a proper conversation with someone like him. Not to mention the fact that he was one of your closest friends.

But no matter who it was, Hoseok always made sure they were comfortable around him. He was like a grocery store’s automatic doors, as strange as it sounds; open and inviting.

“Ah sorry, I’d love to chat but I need to talk to the teacher,” Hoseok laughs, ruffling his brown hair. “Can I squeeze through?”

The two of you nod and allow him to pass, standing beside the door now.

“This difference is that Hoseok is going,” Jin whispers, smirking slightly, “as a single young man.”

The bell rings and Jin is suddenly running off into the distance, shouting something along the lines of see you at lunch. Sighing, you take your seat by the window that is conveniently right beside Hoseok.

A single Hoseok was rare and for good reason, seeing how beautiful he was, inside and out. The mere thought of having a chance with him made you red all over again. You slammed your face down on your desk and whined.

“You okay?” Hoseok asks, poking at your cheek and smiling.

You whined louder.

Today was going to be a long day.