:: Can I be honest with you?

Somewhere along the way, we found love

“So let me get this straight, you both are…” Namjoon’s statement lingered until he had met Jungkook’s gaze. Jungkook was doing it again, he was unintentionally glaring.

I quickly nudge him by the arm to stop him from what he was doing. Jungkook bowed in apology.

“Dating.” Seulgi finished his sentence. Namjoon was too busy staring at Jungkook in fear. 

“Jungkook and I went to the same high school as a matter of fact. We had dinner together last week, and I guess we both just clicked. Isn’t that right Jungkook?” I turn to him and all he would respond with was a simple nod. He was not much of a talker in groups. 

“I’m confused, what happened with Jimin?” Seulgi asked, “I was so sure you both would hit it off.””

“He wasn’t exactly my type…. Too much of a sporty guy and besides! My style is a guy like Jungkook.” 

The two shifted their gaze at Jungkook whom was quietly sit there with nothing to say. This wasn’t good, from the looks of it, they weren’t too fond of Jungkook at all. Maybe I should’ve done a small wardrobe change before he came to meet my friends.

“It’s nice to meet you both.” He casually spoke up. “I’m looking forward to getting to know you all.”

“Nice to meet you too Jungkook. Well whoever Yeri dates, I’ll support. Let’s get along.” She extended her arm out for a handshake. Jungkook gave back a small grin and happily shook her hand that was until Seulgi pull him in and glared at him with the eyes of Satan. “And I promise that if you hurt her, I’ll make sure tattoos and piercing aren’t the only things indented on your skin.”

Unexpected from her actions, Jungkook himself seemed a little intimidated by Seulgi and her forward personality. “ Will keep that in mind.”


_______________________________

 

“I told you to fix up your hair before you came here.”

“It’s not like own hair gel or anything, I just go out with my natural hair everywhere.”

“It’s not a bad thing, but you could at least show your face. It’s all about leaving a good first impression to my best friends.”I frown as I reach up , trying to fix his hair.

“I think it went well.” He shrugged, “ Your friend’s boyfriend looked like he was about to piss his pants when he met me though.”

I chuckle and dropped my hand back to my side. “From now on I’ll bring you every time I go out to see Seulgi and Namjoon, Namjoon won’t bully me so easily anymore.” 

Jungkook’s gaze shifted to my hands,which was holding my bag for my next class. He leaned over to reach for it but in the process his face was so near mine, I would have thought he was trying to kiss me. I froze in the spot but saw his motive once he grabbed my bag. Having Jeon Jungkook carry a “I love pink” bag had to be the cutest thing to ever see. He wore the bag over his shoulder which caused me to burst into laughter.

“Wah, you really match it. You should keep it.” I take out my phone and take a quick picture of him.

Having Jeon Jungkook as my boyfriend wasn’t exactly the dream come true for me, but he was nice to have around. I learned Jungkook was quiet, he didn’t like talking much or if even at all. Usually whenever we went out together, I did most of the talking and he’d listen quietly. With texts and calls, he was terrible at keeping up to date. It was so rare to get him to respond anything I had to say which was pretty frustrating. Usually I wouldn’t mind but having Seulgi as my roommate, she’d gloat on about Namjoon and their funny conversations with one another through phone calls and text messages. Sometimes I wished I could be like that around Jungkook but… He was too quiet and responded to things so bland. I guess what makes me keep him was he was good at being there for me. If ever I want to stay with him longer, ask for a favor, or needed to vent out my problems, he was a good listener. Not to mention he was sweet, if there was problem, he could stop whatever he was doing and did his best to help me out. Though there were many cons to the relationship we needed, there were pros too that made me want to stay. 


“A night market?”

“Yeah, there’s one opening near the school and I thought it’d be fun if we went together!”

Jungkook was preoccupied stirring his latte, which bothered me because he was clearly ruining the latte art that was given to him by the barista. 

“Look! There’s raffles, games, prizes, street foods, and a huge firework show at midnight. It’ll be so much fun.” I grab his arm wanting him to see the facebook invitation, begging for him to come.

“You know crowded places aren’t my thing.”

“But-”

“Besides, I thought tonight I could do something I wanted. I wanted to watch the new Insidious movie that came out.”

“You know I’m terrible with horror movies.”

“Well.. Actually. My friends and I planned the date to hang out together that date already.”

 

Was Jungkook saying I wasn’t invited? This is ridiculous! I can’t believe what I was hearing.

“So. You want to spend your Saturday with your friends without me?”

“It’s not anything bad Yeri. We’ve been together all week, going shopping, taking pictures at these aesthetic places you love so much, and I even went with you to get our nails done. It’s just I need to be in touch with me sometimes too you know? I need that space.”

Was I being too clingy with him? I hadn’t even noticed. We were both together so much I thought it was a natural thing for both of us, but I guess Jungkook felt differently towards our relationship. I didn’t say I was hurt by that, because I was kind of scared if he thought I was being too sensitive. I never even really asked him about anything really. Usually whenever we talked it always had been about me and never him. I guess I really don’t know much about my own boyfriend. 

“I understand. It’s alright. Go ahead and hang with your friends.”


_______________________________

 

 

“A hundred and two degrees. Jesus christ Yeri, what did you do to get a huge fever like this?”

Seulgi frowned and felt my temperature. “How am I going to leave you all by yourself? I should just call my work and cancel the shift.”

“No Seulgi…” I say in a raspy deep voice due to the cold. “Don’t do that, I know you’ve been needing to go to work and wanted to for a while.”

“Yeah but I just can’t leave you alone by yourself. You need someone to take care of you.”

“Seulgi, I’ve had fevers and taken care of myself before. I promise that you won’t have to worry about a thing. “ I sit up and look at her with a look of assurance. 

“I suppose.. But… Are you sure?” She frowned 

“Positive. I’m a big girl, I can take care of myself.”


I didn’t want to bother Seulgi with her busy schedule, she’s been stressing about how she wasn’t able to find a job, I didn’t want to ruin her first day of work for her. Also I was perfectly able to take care of  myself in the meantime. I didn’t want to bother her nor Jungkook with his friend outing either. I should be perfectly fine on my own. Most of the time consisted of me being in bed all day and watching Korean Dramas. I liked to view as it as my own alone time as well, not much of a sick day. 

 


As time went by I began to grow hungry. I checked the kitchen if there was any packets of ramen left for me to chow down to but I realized I had finished the last one last night. 

I decided a quick run to the market to get myself something to bite would be perfect. Although the weather was brutal with rain, I was sure nothing that bad was going to happen. Grabbing the house keys and phone, I felt the vibration of my phone and noticed an incoming call.

It was from Jungkook.

Crap. My voice sounded terrible, I didn’t want him to know I was sick or he might leave his friends to take care of me and I’d ruin his day.

So I decided to turn off my phone. My excuse? I’ll just tell him it died. 

 

Walking to the market was more brutal than I had expected. My umbrella was broken so I was running in the rain with a drenched coat. Not to mention the fever probably worsened from the ten minute run outside. Walking into the market, I already began coughing throughout every aisle I had gone to. People tried to distant themselves and their kids from me just so I wouldn’t get them sick.

I lowered my head and just grabbed what I needed to get. Heading to the cashier to pay for everything, I heard a group of young people enter the market. I looked up and saw a familiar face, it was Jungkook. 


I lowered my head and tried to avoid eye contact with him, I definitely did not want to see him with me looking like this. I was an absolute mess.


“Can you just hurry and grab what we came here for?” Jungkook stood beside the entrance door, waiting for his friends to finish.

“Hold on Jungkook, sheesh, you can be so impatient.” One of his friends said as they scattered across the store. 

“We’re gonna be late if you guys don’t hurry up.”


Biting the bottom of my lip, I look up at the cashier, whispering at her to kindly hurry scanning my things.She could only give me an unpleasant look and scanned at her own pace. 

“Yeri?” A girl behind me said whom seemed to be one of Jungkook’s friends.

“Uh.”

“Yeri! It is you! Jungkook! Look it’s Yeri!” She yelled out, waving to get Jungkook’s attention.

_________________________


 “The hot pot is ready.” Jungkook said entering my bedroom.

“I’m not hungry.”

“You stomach is growling, I can hear you from all the way at the kitchen .” He said walking closer to me. I pulled the blanket over me and refused to look at him.

“Why did you come here? You should’ve went with your friends.” 

I felt Jungkook gently sit beside me on the bed. He grabbed the blanket and pulled it off ofme. “You’re sick Yeri, you have a fever of a hundred and two.”

“I’m perfectly fine with taking care of myself!” I yell and pull back the blanket to me.

“What’s with you all of a sudden? You haven’t answered my calls and you don’t want me to help you. Did I do something to make you mad?”

“It’s because I know I’ve been a bother to you alright?”

“What are you talking about? You?” His brow raised. 

“Yes me! I’ve already been taking most of your time away from your hobbies and friends. I didn’t want to ruin your Saturday because I got sick. I know you really wanted to watch that movie.”


Jungkook quietly stared at me, figuring out the entire situation. 
“Ah. I see where this is going now. You were worried with me being with you all the time has had me thinking all our dates were more as a chore rather than a want.”

Jungkook looked up and gazed at me with a gentle expression. He reached out to intertwine his fingers with mine, having his other hand on top of mine too. 
“Yeri. I get you wanting to give me my space was supposed to be you being a good girlfriend, but Yeri, I’m your boyfriend. Understand that knowing you being in danger or hurt matters to me more than hanging out with my friends or having my own time to myself. It was insensitive of me to think of myself before you like that. I’m sorry. Just know that out of everything I have in my life, having you is the most important part of me. I’m your boyfriend and I want to be there for you, that includes protecting you.”


He grasps his fingers with mine. “If anything really bad were to happen to you because of me, I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself. So please, let me be here for you. And don’t be scared to share anything with me.”


Me being the hopeless romantic girl I am, I couldn’t help but cry at his words. It was so genuine and loving, everything more I ever wanted. A smile grows on my face and grasp tightly.
“Why are you so sweet all the time? It’s so frustrating.”


He chuckled and pulled me closer to him, softly my hair. “Why is that?”


“It just is. Can I really be honest with you from now on?”


His lips spread to a thin grin as he nodded.


“ Why are you so quiet? You know sometimes I want to listen to what you have to say. I hate being the one to always talking and making decisions! Not to mention you always ignore my text messages all the time! Why do you have your hair like that? I want you to cut it!-”


He pressed his lips against my cheek, probably to shut me up. 


“ It's dinner time. Let's eat first hm?”