Ms. Kim

Code: L.O.V.E.

CHAPTER 2: Ms. Kim

 

Los Angeles, California in a spacious apartment rented by a young woman and a bright energetic little girl. The apartment was nearly half empty with many boxes stacked near the front door.

“S-Seoul?” A little girl pouted her lips as she tried to read the new found word her mother told her to say.

“That’s right baby. Seoul is going to be our new home. That is where you and mommy is from. You were just a baby when I moved out here in America.” The young mother her daughter’s hair. Good thing she picked up both Korean and English very well. She is such a smart girl.

“Excuse me Ms. Kim, are these the last of your boxes?” A man wearing a jumpsuit came through the front door. He was a mover employee helping her to move her belongings and ship them to Korea.

“Yes they are, thank you.” She gave them a bright charming smile and she swore she saw the man blush.

Kim Yongsun, a single mother who is a vocal teacher for a South Korean entertainment company called RBW. She was sent to Los Angeles to gain more experience in the music field and teach young trainees who want to be singers in the future. She has juggled her life duties of being a teacher and a mother at the same time. Her daughter, Kim Yuju is a bright and well behaved kid. She takes after her mom in everything from the energetic personality to a strong vocal voice at a young age. Where is the father you ask, well that story is left unsaid by Kim Yongsun herself. She doesn’t really talk about her past life before Yuju was born. She carried Yuju by herself and raised her by herself.

“Mommy.” Little Yuju broke Yongsun from her thoughts. She hasn’t been to her homeland in a little over 5 years. Yuju tugged her mom’s cardigan insisting it was time to go.

“Okay, let’s leave now. We have a long flight.” With that said, the mother and daughter left their apartment with a good heart. The time spent growing up in America is something Yuju won’t forget. Yongsun loved her job and she did grow accustom to the American ways but she did feel homesick every now and then.

After 12 long hours on the plane, the time change was getting to them. Yongsun being a strong woman was carrying a sleepy Yuju, carrying a backpack and pulling a luggage. Ugh she is so big now. I should stop feeding her so much meat. Yongsun walked through the airport terminals with a struggle until a middle-aged man approached her from the side.

“Let me help you there, sweetie.” He had a charming smile but Yongsun was happily to see him.

“Dad!” She cheerful said.

“It’s good to finally see my daughter and grand-daughter after a couple years of you guys being away from home for so long.” Mr. Kim offered a helping hand and carried Yuju.

“She is heavy dad.” Yongsun was worried her father might pull a muscle or become sore from carrying her.

“Nonsense! You were much heavier than this.” He laughed whole heartedly.

“Dad!” Yongsun’s cheeks turned a tint of red as she remembered how chubby she was back in her childhood days.

Yuju was still in dream land but she snuggled more to Mr. Kim which made him smile. “I am so glad my girls are back.”

They got to the Kim household and Yuju was finally awake. She was quite excited to be in a different country and she could finally meet her grandparents as well.

“Seoul! I’m in Seoul~” Yuju pitched her voice as she said those sentences in a song like tone. Mr. Kim chuckled at how happy his grand-daughter seemed.

A middle-aged woman suddenly opened the door and hugged Yongsun right away. “Oh, my daughter. I am so glad you had a safe flight.” She smothered Yongsun with kisses on her chubby cheeks and engulfed her in a tight hug.

“Mom… I can’t breathe…” Yongsun managed to voice out.

“Oh, I am so sorry honey. I just missed you so much.” Mrs. Kim let go of her daughter and her eyes searched for another girl whom she wanted to smother. “Where is Yuju?”

“She ran inside the house as soon as you opened it.” Mr. Kim informed his wife.

The three adults started to hear piano keys playing softly so they went to check it out. They found Yuju playing a few key notes while reciting pitch notes. “Do re me fa so la te do~”

“She takes after you.” Mr. Kim said to his daughter. It made the adults smile that Yuju was taking the move very well.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

Yongsun had informed her parents that they sent their important belongings sent to their new apartment before they had booked the flight. Her parents tried to convince her to stay with them but Yongsun being the independent woman she is, wanted to live on her on with her daughter and plus the apartment is closed to both her work and Yuju’s new school.

“How about we get something to snack on before going to mommy’s work.” Yuju nodded her head in agreement to her mother’s statement. The mother and daughter entered a café that wasn’t too crowded.

“Hello and welcome. What could I get for you.” The cashier greeted.

A ding was heard when somebody new has entered the café and Yuju being a curious little girl turned around to see a tall woman dressed in ‘boy’ clothes from what she thought. The tall girl had long platinum hair sporting bangs to cover her forehead just like Yuju’s hairstyle. Little Yuju was infatuated on how the woman looked, she looked very cool in her eyes. The tall woman caught eyes with Yuju so she beamed the woman a smile. Yuju noticed her mom began to panic as she was digging through her purse. She wanted to ask her mother what was the matter until the cool looking woman stepped in front of them and told the cashier her order and added their order to the list. This woman decided to pay for their order.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

It was evening when they entered their new apartment. Yongsun was ready to go back to work and she even got to see one of her good friends, Ahn Hwasa. Their belongings made it into one piece. Most of the big furniture such as her couches, bed mattresses, and majority of her boxes. More of her stuff are still on its way here.

“Mommy, I want my piano.” Yuju wanted to open the boxes already but was stopped by Yongsun.

“Honey, please wait. How about we set up the bed first since we had a long day.”

Yuju pouted but nodded her head.

As Yongsun was setting up Yuju’s room first her ears heard something. A groaned and a few curse words echoed lowly.

“I heard something mommy."

“I know, me too. Please stay here sweetie.” Yongsun patted her daughter’s head and stepped out into the hallway. At the end of the hallway was an open boxed marked [Kitchen] so she slowly creeped trying not to make any noise. The box had a frying pan inside of it so the young mother grabbed it and clenched it tightly like her life depends on it.

“!” She heard a glass break and a deep hoarse voice curse loudly. She was indeed scared. Who knew her first time back in Korea is when she would encounter an intruder or even a burglar. Yongsun swiftly came to her living room and their she saw him.

She screamed as loud as she can. “ACK HELP ME!!!”

 

A/N: Finally updated, sorry readers, I caught a terrible cold for the past week and I have been busy. I'm glad you guys are enjoying this story already. So this chapter is just a background story for Solar like how the first one was for Moonbyul. Next chapter is when they will finally meet so please look forward to that as well.

Subscribe to be kept updated, upvote if you like this story, and comment so I could know your guy's thoughts and for some feedback. Thanks!

-Allister :D