Chief Moon

Code: L.O.V.E.

CHAPTER 1: Chief Moon

 

A blonde hair woman had her head down as she laid resting into dream land. Drool was obviously visible from the side of . She kept mumbling incoherent words as she slept. Everybody around this woman was too busy to notice the sleeping woman who apparently wasn’t supposed to be sleeping in the first place. But two sharp piercing eyes took notice to the sleeping woman. She just stared and stared as time passed by slowly. The other woman could feel a slight migraine coming along, so she began rubbing her side temple. She had enough of watching this woman sleeping. The other employees froze as she made soft but sturdy steps to the desk. She had an irritated look but composed herself.

“Jung.” No response but the woman did stir in her sleep. She heard some mumbling but couldn’t make it out. “Jung!” She said a bit louder than the first call. Nothing. She took a deep breath and exhaled through her nostrils. The others could have sworn they seen steam come out of it. “JUNG!”

The sleeping woman was up on her feet disorientated but responded quickly and loudly. “Officer Jung, reporting for duty!” She even saluted but it was hard to take serious when her uniform was wrinkle and the side drool wasn’t helping her appearance.

“Office. Now.” The platinum haired woman walked back into her own office space while Officer Jung lowly put her head down as she followed.

“Wah, Unnie~” She whined as she sat on one of the seats in front of the desk.

“Do not call me Unnie while we are working, Jung.” She rubbed her temple even more. She had no time dealing with her best friend/co-worker right now.

“Yah, you are as mean as ever Byul Unnie.” She pouted and crossed her arms.

Byulyi let out a sigh and eased up her tense muscles. “Wheein we are at work. Could you please not sleep when you are paper duty.”

“It’s not my fault I had security duty last night and then this morning you asked me to come in and file some papers for you.”

“You are the one that wanted the security duty last night. It was a volunteer duty and you were the one who happened to volunteer.” Byulyi pointed her finger at her best friend.

“Come on! It was Hwasa’s work and I even got to see her last night too.” Wheein sheepishly smiled which made Byulyi shake her head in disbelief.

“Fine. How about you go home early to sleep?”

Wheein gasped loudly and got up from her seat to engulf her best friend in a hug. “Thanks Chief! I promise I won’t fall asleep on the job again.”

“Yeah yeah, see you later then.” Byulyi shooed Wheein away as she flashed out her office. Byulyi let out a sigh. She knew letting Wheein go home early would make her get stuck with the paper work that needs to be done. She didn’t like when paper work gets piled up because then cases get pushed back for her and her detectives. Byulyi was a hard-working dedicated chief in command officer for Seoul’s police department. Everybody admires her. She is strict to the code of conduct and takes her work very seriously. When she is in uniform, she doesn’t let no criminal get away with anything. If you so happen to break the law in any way possible, she will write you up or through you in jail if permitted.  Being chief was tough and stressful for Byulyi sometimes. She called the shots daily and she always dealt with different people each day. Sometimes it could be a heart-breaking day and she would have to show no emotion to anybody who played victim to it.

The clock in her office was ticking away as she filed case reports that stacked high upon her desk. She did give half the workload to her good friend Wheein but she let her officer go so she could rest apparently. Byulyi would crinkle up her nose every now and then as she worked diligently. She downed her third cup of coffee and the sound of a constant beeping broke her trance. She picked up her phone and hit the [stop alarm] button indicating to take her hourly break.

She left her office with a black blazer in hand and her employees politely bowed as she made herself present. Byulyi decided to walk so she could stretch her legs and get some fresh air. She has been working six hours straight, so a good break outside is what she needed. She popped a lollipop in and she took in the sights of Seoul City. The streets were busy with cars passing by and people were walking. Business workers to school students filed the sidewalks but Byulyi didn’t mind. She kept her hands in her pant pockets and twirled the lollipop inside . Many women took notice to this girl crushing handsome woman as they walked by. Some whispered and others would stare but this police chief paid no mind to the continuous stares. Byulyi always thought she had no time for a love life. Her work was time consuming so she never dated anyone.

Chief Byulyi entered a corner café that she often visited during her break. It was never busy and that’s the way she liked it. There was already a customer in front of her who was ordering. She felt eyes on her so she looked around and saw nobody, until her conscience told her to look down, so she did. She was met with a pair of big dark hazelnut eyes. It was a little girl about five years old. She was wearing a school uniform and sporting a dark blue backpack with a small rilakuma keychain. Her hair was long and jet black stylized with a fringe that neatly covers her forehead almost like Byulyi’s herself. The little girl was clinging onto a woman’s cardigan which made Byulyi divert her attention to the woman. The woman was struggling as she was digging through her purse. Byulyi assumed that the woman can’t find her wallet or is short of the total. She looked at her wrist watch and realized she doesn’t have long until she must report back to the station, so she boldly went in front of the woman and little girl.

“Hi, I would like a venti dark roast coffee and a croissant sandwich. Just add it to whatever this woman ordered, I will pay for it all.” Byulyi wasted no time whipping out her wallet to pull out her credit card. The clerk took her card and placed her order.

“Oh, I am sorry. I must have misplaced my wallet. I am so grateful, thank you!” The young woman said.

“It’s no problem at all.” Byulyi brushed it off coolly. She looked down to see the little girl smiling brightly at her which made the chief lightly show a small smile. Her order was made and she swiftly made her way out of the café. The young woman watched Byulyi leave.

Midnight struck. She rubbed her eyes and yawned as she put away the documents neatly in piles. There were still a handful of officers inside the station rotating shifts but it was time for the chief to go home. She gathered up her belongings and stuffed them in her backpack and grabbed her helmet on her bookshelf. She went outside to hop on her white motorcycle to head home. Byulyi parked her bike in front of the parking section for motorcycles in the lot next to her apartment building. Byulyi has visible eyebags under her eyes as she got inside her apartment. She was indeed tired but she didn’t know what she was lacking in. All she did was work, nothing more or nothing less. She didn’t even make it to herbed, she plopped right on her sofa. She didn’t even bother in changing her clothes. Her eyelids were heavy and the comfort of her sofa was helping her slip off into dream land.

Until a sharp high pitched sound rang through her ears which caused her mind to turn on offense mode.

“ACK HELP ME!!!” Just hearing those words made her adrenaline pump, she quickly grabbed her hand gun and bust open the door, to find…

 

A/N: My first ever Moonsun fanfic. I hope people enjoy this story. I am such a huge Moomoo. I love Mamamoo very much, and I ship Moonsun a lot.

Give me some feedback for this first hcpater. Anybody curious on who the woman and little girl is that Byul nicely saved at the cafe? I wonder. Lol.

Subcribe to be kept on updates, upvote if you like/love the plot, and comment so i could know your thoughs~

Until next time readers, Moomoos, and Moonsun shippers xD

-Allister :)