8 | TRUTHS

A House of Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 8: TRUTHS

Every time that Yoori happens to appear before him, he just can’t help but chuckle to himself because of how ironic things turned out for him. Being with Yoori made him feel complete, that is why his friends now over the fact that they are sure he’d be down in the dumps if she’d suddenly disappear for one day. He’s become so used to having her around that he wouldn’t even mind- in fact, he’d be so happy to have her be the first thing he sees when he wakes up in the morning. Jungkook felt genuinely happy ever since he had gotten to know her more.

Being Jungkook’s best friends and practically his brothers, Bangtan felt happy seeing their youngest so happy. It’s the feeling a parent experiences as they watch and witness their child growing up so fast and well. They were quite afraid that he’d remain like how he was when he first met Yoori. They find it amusing to see the boy whom they always saw being so incredibly serious and heartless, blush and feel nervous over a girl. They enjoy teasing Jungkook over the littlest things and ever since that night he stayed over at her apartment, they wouldn’t let it go. They could remember that very next day, when he came back to headquarters. “I swear, stop looking at me like that! I didn’t do anything, we didn’t do anything, leave me alone! All we did was sleep!” Jungkook was always the type to become defensive over things. They found it funny that he just seemed so nervous that they’d look at him weirdly.

“Sure, whatever you say~” Hoseok chimed, followed by the others’ laughter. It was hilarious for them to see him so red in embarrassment and frustration. Even after an entire week since that day, they still wouldn’t let it go. They were glad to see him this way, all shy and happy because of Yoori.

They’d for wanting to spend time with her. “Hey, Yoori, do you have anything important to do tomorrow?” One little thing, and they’d go crazy and all excited over it.

“Let’s see, tomorrow’s Sunday, I have no classes or tutoring, so aside from computer work at headquarters, I have nothing else to do, why?”

“Can you go somewhere with me tomorrow morning?”

“Sure, but what for?”

“I’ll tell you more about it tomorrow, okay? I promise, it’s not anything bad.” He assured her with a smile. Feeling less uneasy after seeing him smile so widely at her, she also had on a little grin.

--

Yoori patiently waited for Jungkook to meet up with her. He had told her that he’d pick her up from her apartment in the morning. She looked at the time on her phone, it was 9:30 AM. He had told her he’d get there twenty minutes ago. Pulling up along the curb, Jungkook had finally arrived. She huffed out in frustration and like a child, stomped her way towards the car. “You told me you’d get here twenty minutes ago! Where the hell were you?” Ruffling his hair, he turned to her, knowing well he had no excuse this time.

“I’m sorry, well, I was running late and let’s just say today isn’t my day. I’m so sorry I had you wait for so long. I’ll make it up to you, anything you want or need, I’ll do or get it for you.” Glaring at him, she grumpily mumbled words to herself.

“Fine. Now can you please tell me where we’re going? You’re not kidnapping me are you?”

“It’s not anywhere bad, I promise. I’ll tell you when we get there.” He could hear her groan after he gave her the same response as he did yesterday.

--

They arrived at a huge hospital. Before she could ask him why they were at a hospital, he silently took her by the hand and led her into the building. “Yoori, I want you to meet someone today.” They stopped in front of a room and she watched him take in a deep breath. She read the sign and name of the patient hospitalized in there. It didn’t catch her attention when she read the first name of the patient but the surname had caught her eye. “Jeon.” She looked up at him and received a sweet grin from the boy whom she had become so used to being around with all the time. “Is this person your-“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter