Believe in

Lurking in the Shadow

 

Two weeks ago when Jungkook had met Jimin's other circle of friends. Just as he thought it would be their first and last encounter, they showed up the next day, and the day after that, and the following days. Now Jungkook hated lunch time because it is when he has to sit in front of of the incredibly intimidating Kim Taehyung. Jungkook thinks he's scary, unpredictable and unreadable. His thoughts and emotions are imperceptible. Sometimes he finds him suspicious, like he was secreting something and the knowledge he holds may be something that really fear from coming to light. 
But Jungkook would always tells himself he is just over reacting.

 


And now, they were all invited to come at Jimin's place after classes to get to know more about each other because similiar to Jungkook, Namjoon and Yoongi find themselves having trouble creating a good relationship with the other boys.

 

Jungkook was uncomfortably sitting cross-legged on the floor. He makes his head turn to the left that allows his gaze to never meet Taehyung's.
Taehyung wouldn't look at him so much as through him, like Jungkook's head was transparent and he was fascinated by an object two inches behind his skull.
His eyes turned Jungkook's stomach every bit as badly as meeting a stranger after dark.

 


"Stop doing that." Jimin knock him on the chest as he break his gaze from Jungkook to look at the older male. 
"Stop doing what?" Taehyung ask dumbfoundedly.
"Stop staring at Jungkook. You're creeping the kid away."
"I'm not staring. I'm just watching him, making sure he wouldn't notice anything suspicious about us."
"Well, don't you consider he thinks you're being suspicious?"
Taehyung looks at him half surprised and in question. "He does?"
"He might. So if I were you, stop being a creep and talk to him. " With that left being said, Jimin leaves him and walks to the kitchen where Namjoon and Yoongi are helping Jin cooks something mouth-watering. 

 

Taehyung had pondered hardly to what Jimin had said. Hoseok, who was once at the couch behind Jungkook, left to go to the bathroom. That makes the two alone and Jungkook was more than uneasy right now. If there had been any ways to avoid the look in Taehyung's eyes, he could have jumped up and left him, he would have. He would have run to the kitchen where his friends at. But he doesn't want to let Taehyung think he doesn't like being around him. He didn't want to looked like a fool in front of him. 

 

He pull out a notebook from his school bag and pretended to write something important there just to avoid having to talk with Taehyung. If the said man would want to talk to him anyway.
But he guessed he would because the next thing he knows is that Taehyung was already beside him. 

 

"Jungkook, right? " 
His breath hitch. He look up at him,Taehyung was looking outside the window but he was definitely asking him. Afterall, they're the only people in the living room. His heart was racing and all he wanted to do was curl up into a ball and wait for someone to save him from this situation.

 

"Y-Yeah." He stuttered with a shy nod.
Finally, Taehyung turn his head to look at him and the fear now sits on Jungkook like a pillow over his mouth and nose. Enough air gets by it, allowing his body to keep functioning, but it's crippling all the same.

 

"What's your favorite color?" 
Jungkook look up to him to see if he was serious about his question but he did not see any trace of kid in his face.
"R-Red. You?" 
"Black." 

 

"I like your necklace." Taehyung said.
His hand instinctively clutch his drift necklace as embarassment colored his cheeks.
"T-Thanks. It was a gift from my mother."
"On your birthday?"
"N-No."
Taehyung looked at him, stunned. "Really? You mean your mother gives you present even without a necessary occasion?"
Jungkook rose his shoulders. "She likes doing those kinds of stuffs."
"You're lucky. I don't have a mother to do that for me."
"What happened?"
"She's dead." 
"I-I'm sorry." Jungkook shamefully lowered his head and wished he never ask such a thing in the first place. 

 

"So, tell me..." Taehyung clears his throat. "what are you most afraid of? Any phobias? Weaknesses?" He glances at him knowingly.
Jungkook looks at him uncomfortably hoping to let him know that he was afraid to admit so but the other seems to not know what awkward means.
"I fear being with people in all situations. I don't like seeing blood. I hate spiders. I have a stage fright. I think clowns are scary and I'm certainly afraid of hearing what others think of me. "
"Wow, you're worse than Hobi."
Jungkook flushed out of most embarassment.

 

Chattering rattled throughout the room and the two look up to see the others exiting from the kitchen.

 

"I see you two getting along very well." Jimin said and send a secret wink at Taehyung. The younger rolling his eyes in retort.

 

"Where are you going?" Jungkook inquire as they began leaving the house.
Namjoon gave him a reassuring smile. "We were just about to visit the grocery to buy some milk. Their fridge ran out of it."
Jungkook didn't question anymore why they all had to go out to buy some milk and just bid them goodbye.
"Be safe. Don't let the werewolves get you." 

 

As soon as the door slammed close, Taehyung turn to look at him.
"You believe in those stuffs?"
"What stuffs?" Jungkook looks at him dumbfounded.
"Werewolves?"

 

"Oh, that. Of course I believe in those."
"How so?"
"Because one of them killed my grandmother." Suddenly, his mood fell down as he sat there, dominated by a profound sadness.
Taehyung held a face that was much different. He was damnably surprised but mostly angry. His face was red with suppressed rage, and when he saw the mournful look in Jungkook's face, he fight against the need to snapped in front of him.

 

"They killed your grandma?" He gritted his teeth from an effort to remain silent.
And Jungkook did not understand why Taehyung was suddenly mad. 
"That's what my mother told me. My ancestors were great hunters. They kill lycanthrope. Unfortunately, my grandma was killed by them. The legends are true, Taehyung."

 

He turns his back from Jungkook as he restrain his claws from protruding out of his hands and stop the need to scratch Jungkook's face off because it is  such a small world for the both them.

 

Why does it have to be his family?

 

He closes his eyes to control himself but he only sees the occurrence on that faithful day.

 

Congratulations, Jeon Jungkook. You just give me a reason to hate you more.

 

~

 

I might include other groups/bands because this might need more characters but I'm still not sure who to include so there will be no characters added in the description until I have decided.