Too easy

Lurking in the Shadow

 

Jungkook went to school the usual in most cases. He clutch on the straps of his bag, looking down to avoid short glances from some students. He's a very shy and awkward boy, not even able to handle a two-second eye contact. He is overly cautious with things that revolves around him and he's very sensitive to criticism. 
He isn't that sociable but he has some few friends from the 2nd and 3rd year level, and it makes him lonely that he is only able to talk to them at lunch and dismissal. Sometimes the guys would call for a hang out on weekends but that's it. 

 

He finally able to enter his first class without gaining so much attention from his classmates and sat on his respective seat—which is near the window—where he could see Namjoon's building from afar and he would always wonder what his friend is doing at this moment. 
Namjoon is unlike to him. He is quite known by students due to an IQ of 150. Jungkook would sometimes asks for help to him when he's having a difficult time with English, and the older doesn't mind at all. 

 

The professor came even before the start of bell rings. Jungkook sigh as he was yet to deal with non-stop academics. He merely took out his notebook for taking down notes. 

 

 

 


Lunch came so fast as Jungkook was now clearing his things and prepared to go to the cafeteria. 
He trotted down the hallway where most students are seen and find his way to the canteen. 
As he got there, he search for his group of friends. Jimin cross his line of vision. The boy was merrily waving at him, like he always do when he wants to catch his attention from afar. 
Jungkook bite back a smile and make his way to the table near the food counter where his friends always stay at. 

 

"Jungkookie!! " Jimin pounce on him before he could drop his bag to the vacant seat beside him. It would be rude if he will push Jimin away from him so he just settle to return his friendly embrace and laugh with him. 
"Sit. I treated you lunch. " Jimin pull him down to the seat beside him and the tray of food infront of him. 
Jungkook looked stun. "Woah, thanks, Jimin hyung." The older replied with a grin. 
"Hold on, I'm gonna get you a drink. " Jungkook muttered a faint 'thanks' before Jimin walks away. 

 

"He is seemingly extra happy today. " 
Yoongi shrugs but didn't look up from his phone. "He said he has some good news. "
"What do you mean?"

 

Jimin came back and place the soda beside Jungkook's tray. "I have something to announce."
"Yeah, we heard." Namjoon uttered.
Jimin fold his arms on the table and speak considerably. "I've been pondering this for a while now but..I want you to meet my friends. Not you friends, but my other friends. "
The three looked at each other unwillingly. All of them are not really great at making friends and just the thought of it would make them anxious and jittery. The fact that they don't have a single idea what Jimin's friends are like.
"It's not that necessary, really, but I want you to have a chance to meet them atleast."
But, they don't have a choice, do they?

 

"I think it's alright." Jungkook confessed. 
"Awesome! Yoongi hyung?" Jimin said in anticipate. The said older rose his shoulder then nod his head.
Everyone looked at Namjoon.
"I'm totally cool with it."

 

 

 


"You're gonna tell us something?" Hoseok asked as soon as they got into the rooftoop of the school where Jimin invited them saying he has something to tell.
"Yes, uhh, I want you to meet my other friends."
"Your mortal friends?" Seokjin ask.
Jimin rolled his eyes. "Yeah, whatever you call them."

 

"I thought you said this is something important." Taehyung grab a fist of his shirt and Jimin shove him away.
"You don't know how much this is important for me."
Taehyung snort his disbelief. "I'm not wasting my time, Jimin. Remember, we are here for a mission, not making friends."
"But...but they could help us with our mission!"
"What do you mean?" 
Jimin avoids his gaze because he couldn't believe the look in his eyes, it was intimidating him.
"If we make friends and get closer to them, we can easily learn their weakness. We would be able to know how to attack them easily."

 

Taehyung is not convince yet as he look at his friend with a doubt. "What if they would find out that we are not who they think we are? That we are different from them?"
"They wouldn't."
"How are you so sure?"
Jimin shrugs.
"Urgh! fine. Let's just go to this friends of yours."

 

 

 


"They'll be here soon. I talked to them yesterday. They were really excited to meet you all." Jimin started to blabber while they patiently awaits for the guests. They've been looking at the entrance of the cafeteria for a long time now and Jungkook wished there is not a single person comes. 
"Oh, they're here!" His hopes died down immediately. Jimin points at the direction and everyone followed. They saw three intimidating boys enter the cafeteria and started making their way to their table as soon as they noticed Jimin. 

 

As the table were full, they felt how this three strangers has that air of power, of total confidence and they knew this was a bad idea at all. 

 

Jungkook was aware at the penetrating gaze from the man sitting opposite of him, watching him like a wolf might observe it's prey, slight smile. Jungkook looked away; he's creepy.

 

Sensing the tension in the atmosphere, Hoseok speak up. With a smile that is warm more than sunlight, "Hi! I'm Jung Hoseok."
Then the blonde beside him came to introduces himself as well. Seokjin, he said was his name.
"And you are?" Namjoon ask, pertaining to the silent brunette beside Jimin. 
"Kim Taehyung." His oily voice ringing in Jungkook's ears. It wasn't any ordinary introduction of his name, it was as if he's letting them know who he truly is.

 

"He's usually like that. Nevermind him. " Jimin assured and they began eating. 

 


Jungkook is unsure if it's just him or Taehyung is having trouble with his food. It was so hard for him to eat the potatoes in his plates and Jungkook wonders why. I mean, he could always tell that it wasn't his favorite. 

 


I hate this kind of food; Taehyung thought. The flavor feels bland in his tastebuds and he already felt sick swallowing it. 
When he look up he caught Jungkook's stare at him and the boy immediately look down and tries to hide his flushed face under the table. A smug smirk quirking at the corner of his lips. He's so shy, so innocent. Too ignorant to even notice that we are not humans at all. I don't have have anything to worry now because Jeon Jungkook is so illiterateThis is gonna be so easy.