Chapter 7

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon’s POV:
“Ahjumma! You’re back from Jeju! How was your trip? We missed you! Oh! That’s a huge bag you’re carrying, is that by any chance, souvenirs for us?!” I laughed when I heard Haneul whining for souvenirs. Yup that’s typical Haneul for you. Ahjumma gave the two of us a hug while settling down her bulky bag.  “I missed you too. Ahjumma, did you have fun? And don’t worry there were some bumps while we were looking after the store, but everything’s fine and we got it under control!”


“Yes my two brats, Jeju was alright. Sandy beaches, crystal clear water and we even got to the Mysterious road. It was very enjoyable. Gravity really gets all weird at that place. And I even managed to go hiking a little for some exercise! You two must have worked really hard this past week. I’ll be closing the store for about a week since I need some rest and I’m sure you guys need it too. So enjoy the rest of your fall holidays before it ends!” Haneul was quick to jump at the opportunity of having a week off whereas I on the other hand wasn’t so excited about it.

A week of break means a week with nothing to do, but to rot and rest away.

 

Ahjumma handed us the souvenirs when it was closing time. I really appreciated her gesture, I mean she didn’t have to but she did anyways. Haneul received a bag full of food, and even bought her the famous jeju black pork while she got me a charming crystal bracelet. It had pastel green, blue, pink crystals and one could tell it was exquisitely made and handcrafted. I was surprised that ahjumma knew my style, the bracelet wasn’t anything dazzling but instead it was just sweet and non flashy.

“Good bye now you two brats! Make sure you rest well for this week and I’ll see you guys next week!”

 

“Jiyeon ah! What do you plan to do this week?”

“Nothing much. Maybe rot and sleep my week away. Oh and maybe read some books?” Haneul merely nodded while we continued walking off towards the park, it seemed as if she had something on her mind.

“Jiyeon?” I looked up at her and merely gave her a what’s up face.

“I’m confused. About my feelings.”

“Yea okay, you do know I’m not the best person for this right? It’s like asking a about .”

“Yea I know, I’m sorry. You know, it’s probably nothing.”

“I’m here for you if you need me. But if this is about Yoongi, I don’t think I can do anything for you. But if it helps, I think he likes you.”

"And you just received the best friend award of the year, how did you know?! What do you mean he likes me?!"

“Well, he’s really only cold to you. But I think he’s just nervous around you. He might not even know his own feelings, I guess he may be trying to push you away? After all, you and him are like you and me, you know? Opposites.”

“Wow, this coming from someone who says she don’t understand human relationships. You’re practically an expert.”

“Well, I could be wrong still. Just give him time, and yourself some time. You’ve known him for like, what, a week? It’d be too fast to take this anywhere.”

“You’re right. But I can’t stop thinking about him, not since that day. Why did they stop coming to the store? Did we, I mean, did I do anything wrong?”

I paused. Haneul’s right. Ever since that day, I haven’t seen them anywhere. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think of them, I did. In fact, I thought a lot about Hoseok. I missed his warmth, his annoying aegyo, I missed his smile. In fact, I missed him so much I thought about him every single hour for the past two days. Yet, somewhere in the back of my mind, a voice kept asking about Taehyung.

Taehyung. The one person I had to keep telling myself to stay away from. There was something inside of me that warned me about him, it told me to stay away from him, told me that he’s dangerous, told me that he was a Pandora box waiting to be opened and freed.

“W-well, maybe they’re just busy?” Yup, the same excuse I gave myself for the past few days. Whenever I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter