Chapter 12

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon's POV:

Argh damn it. I could see the school gates closing right now! If I sprint really really fast, I'd get to school barely just in time!

Yup, I made it! I gave myself a slight grin while mentally patting myself on the back.

"Yah Jiyeon ah! What are you smiling at?" I looked towards Jisoo while giving her an embarrassed smile. Ahh, she must have saw me grinning stupidly to myself, god she must have thought I was crazy.

"I was just happy I made it to school on time! I ran like hell and now my legs are so tired!" We both laughed at my silly tiny accomplishment together. Honestly, I was beginning to get a lot closer to Jisoo.

She's a joyful person who has this sense of maturity, yet she never fails to act like a child with her quirkiness and making people laugh. Haneul, Jisoo and I have been getting along rather well. We'd eat together with BTS during lunch, and after school we'd bring her to ahjumma's store to eat together. Sometimes, Jisoo would bring us shopping or over to her house for a good movie night.

-

We sat down at our seats and I took out my math textbook.
Maths. The one topic I detested, loathed and despised. Math was like venom to me.
It killed me and every cell in my body slowly while I struggled really hard against it.

"The formula for pythagoras theorem's a2 + b2 = c2"
 

My thoughts started straying off to that day, the first day of snow where Taehyung spent a night over at my house.
I honestly thought after that night, things would be awkward between Taehyung and me.
But to my surprise, it wasn't.
We hung out even more following that day.
He'd call me at weird, abnormal inhumane timings, just for us to talk.
Sometimes, his calls consisted of his silent sobs and sniffles, and I'd listen and occasionally play some music to soothe him down.
He came to my apartment more frequently, uninvited.
He could show up with just dinner in his hands and we'd hang out, eating the takeout that he bought while sitting on the sofa, huddled up watching running man etc.
I never asked him about why he cried, why was he sad and broken, because I thought if he wanted to say, he would. But if he didn’t, the least I could offer was comfort and warmth, and all I wanted, was to be a pillar of support when he needed. I wanted to be that someone he could rely on.

 

I pretty much kept these interactions a secret. I told Haneul about the whole late night phone calls thing and the coming to my apartment thing, but I conveniently left out that night and the whole crying and sniffling part.

Somehow I felt that, that part was private. Like a secret. Something between me and him.

At the same time, I felt like a bad person, and an extremely guilty one at that. Because really, we all know who Jisoo's in love with, and who Taehyung has eyes for. Yet here I was, being secretly happy that I was spending time with Taehyung that no one knew of. I felt like a cheating backstabber.

-

The bell rang, signaling that math lesson was over. Damn, I've got so lost in my thoughts I've no idea what the teacher taught at all. This meant that I've to self study on a topic that I've absolutely no idea about. Crap.

We went to the cafeteria for lunch while meeting up with the BTS boys. As usual, people were always glaring at Haneul and I, for we were nobodies yet we sat with both the Queenka and Kingkas for lunch.

Those icy and deadly stares didn't get to me that much though. Honestly, Haneul and I've received some pretty disturbing notes and items in our lockers. Not that we ever mentioned it to BTS or Jisoo, we didn't want them getting worried and probably kicking up a big fuss over it. It wasn't worth it.

-

We sat down at the usual round table in the center of the cafeteria with our food, and as usual everyone's joking or making weird jokes.

Jungkook and Jimin would always argue and bicker with each other like little children, while Jin would always lecture them like the mom he is. Namjoon would be stealing glances at Jisoo and Taehyung while he was talking with Hoseok, which seemed rather weird to me. Why would he be looking at them?
  
Yoongi and Haneul seemed to be getting onto better terms recently. He was warming up to Haneul pretty fast and they'd always go out on "friendly" dates as Haneul calls it. I'm surprised they haven't made it official already.

However, something seemed off recently. Everyone seemed to be extremely sensitive to certain situations regarding Taehyung. As if they were worried he'd snap anytime. The words "Winter", "Snow" etc were always almost avoided.

Whereas I'd just sit in silence and observe all of their interactions. I'd try my best to avoid looking at Jisoo's and Taehyung's interactions because it always made me felt like my heart was sinking. The way she looked at him, and the way he gave her his signature boxy smile, how they laughed at each other's jokes, how they shared their food just like how he always did when he was over at my apartment. That's when I realised it. The looks they gave, the laughter they shared, every single action Taehyung did or had with her, was something we never did.

I'll never be his main source of support. He'll never love me.

-

His POV:

"Jiyeon ah! Would you be free in the evening today? I need to talk to you, is it alright if we meet at your apartment?" She looked at me perplexedly. I was expecting to be rejected since it's been long since we hung out. And the only time we ever hung out privately was at the dog café that I brought her to. Besides, she probably made plans and all. I looked down at the ground, trying too hard to not look dejected.

"Sure! I'll text ya?" I looked up at her and there she was with a smile. I felt my heart going faster with little ants gnawing at my heart. It felt so itchy. Yet again, she brought me another experience my heart had never felt before.

She's been looking so down recently and I presume its something to do with Taehyung and Jisoo. She probably hasn't gotten over him, but I want to be there for her and I want to help her get over it. I wanted to protect her.

Even if she may not feel the same way for me at the end of the day.

And today, I wanted to make her happy.

-

Jiyeon's POV:

 

Today went by in a fast blur. Probably because it was all about the subjects that I disdained, such like Chemistry and Art. I was never a artsy fartsy student and I loathed doing things that was entirely up to someone else's perspective. Somehow, I always felt like I needed control. And art didn't allow me that. Nevertheless, we were dismissed from school and I was just about to head home since I was feeling tired and I had to meet Hoseok later.

Until my plans were ruined by Jisoo and Haneul. They dragged me to the store for lunch because apparently we haven't been having enough girl time lately. But who was to be blamed for that? Haneul was probably always with Yoongi nowadays, whereas I've been busy studying and dealing with Taehyung. As for Jisoo, well I wasn't sure what she's been busy with honestly.

"Ahjumma! We're here!" As always, Haneul greeted Ahjumma with her enthusiasm while Ahjumma replied with only a simple grunt.

"Yah, when are you two brats coming back to help me out?!" Man, I felt bad that we haven't been helping at the store ever since school re-opened, but with our busy timetable and homeworks to deal with, It was a little hard to juggle between all of them. And then, an idea popped into my head. I let out a chuckle, plastered on a innocent face before letting Ahjumma know that Haneul has been busy dating while I've been studying hard, so we could only go back to work the next holidays we got.

Ahjumma literally went into a state of hysteria upon knowing Haneul's been going on dates. And while she was being questioned, Jisoo signaled me that we should probably leave them alone since it may take awhile.

We went towards the nearby park, sitting on the cold swing while playing with the snow using our feet.

"Jiyeon, do you have any experience with love?" My instinct was screaming at me to ignore her and will it to go away, because whatever she was gonna say next was not going to good. As if I were trying to dig my own grave, I willed my instincts away and let out a simple no.

"I've dated Taehyung for about a year. At first, it was all fun and games. He was the perfect boyfriend."

My heart clenched.
 

"He'd buy me gifts, send

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter