Chapter 12

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae sat with Hyunsik and Eunkwang at the café near Sungjae’s place. Eunkwang and Hyunsik were the best advisors in his gang in his opinion and he went to them every time he needed wisdom and advice. Eunkwang and Hyunsik looked shocked at the dark circles around Sungjae’s eyes.

 

“You look terrible, maknae-ah! Have you been staying up late? Is that why you wanted to meet us?” asked Eunkwang.

 

“Kwenchana, hyung. I wanted to meet you two today because I need some advice. I’ve been thinking for quite a while, hyungs. And I think…” Sungjae trailed off.

 

Eunkwang and Hyunsik looked at him without interrupting.

 

“I think… maybe I should give Sooyoung my blessings,” finished Sungjae.

 

“BWOH?!” exclaimed Eunkwang. “Are you serious, Sungjae-ah?”

 

Sungjae looked at Eunkwang with bloodshot eyes and replied, “Neh, hyung. It’s not like I’m going to cut off all ties with Sooyoung. We can still be friends, just like we’ve always been. But I don’t think I should confess to her or keep holding on to these feelings. She’s happy with Hyunwoo and I shouldn’t do anything to interfere with that. Just like how I wouldn’t want anyone to interfere if I had a happy relationship.”

 

Sungjae did his best to sound sincere but Eunkwang and Hyunsik heard the bitterness in his voice loud and clear.

 

“Are you sure, Sungjae-ah?” asked Eunkwang. “We can’t let go of our feelings as we wish, just like how we can’t develop feelings for another person as we wish. You don't have to force yourself to let go, you know that?”

 

“I just don’t want to give myself false hope anymore, hyung. I’ve lost Sooyoung. Hyunwoo is a good catch. I’m sure he’ll be the best for Sooyoung,” insisted Sungjae.

 

“Sungjae-ah, you’re just going to make yourself more miserable by forcing yourself to let go,” coerced Eunkwang.

 

“I think you’re right, Sungjae,” said Hyunsik suddenly.

 

Both Sungjae and Eunkwang stared at him.

 

“Moragu, hyung?” asked Sungjae.

 

“I think you’re right, Sungjae,” repeated Hyunsik. “I think it’s wonderful that you’ve finally come to terms with your feelings. It’s going to take some time but I’m sure the feeling will pass sooner or later.”

 

“Thanks, hyung,” said Sungjae gratefully. “You’re right, the feeling will pass sooner or later. I’ll get going now. I think I should catch up on some sleep now that I’ve finally cleared up my mind.”

 

Eunkwang and Hyunsik watched Sungjae walk out of the café, before Eunkwang turned to Hyunsik.

 

“Yah, michisseo?” demanded Eunkwang. “How could you say that to him?”

 

“Kwenchana, hyung,” assured Hyunsik. “He’ll realise by himself that he won’t be able to practise what he preaches. He thinks he’ll be able to let go of his feelings for Sooyoung but I’m quite certain he won’t. Anyway, we won’t have to worry about him and Sooyoung.”

 

“What makes you say that?” asked Eunkwang suspiciously.

 

“I just have a hunch. Now come on, let’s go. I need to meet Seungwan and I’m going to be late,” said Hyunsik.

 

“Yah! Just because you have a girlfriend doesn’t mean you can boss me around!” protested Eunkwang.

 

“What are you talking about, hyung? I don’t need a girlfriend to boss you around,” teased Hyunsik as he laughed while walking out of the café with Eunkwang.

 

 

“Oppa, can we talk?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“Of course. Come in,” said Hyunwoo.

 

As Sooyoung stepped into Hyunwoo’s house, she realised that Hyunwoo didn’t look as bright as he normally did. His smile looked slightly strained and there were slight dark circles under his eyes.

 

“Are you feeling okay, oppa? You look like you’re feeling under the weather,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Kwenchana, Sooyoung-ah,” replied Hyunwoo with a wan smile.

 

But Sooyoung followed her instinct and grabbed Hyunwoo’s hand without warning and gave a cry of surprise after she felt it.

 

“Why is your hand so cold, oppa?” asked Sooyoung in shock and concern.

 

“I’m… I’m just having a slight fever, Sooyoung-ah,” replied Hyunwoo.

 

Sooyoung raised her hand and felt Hyunwoo’s forehead. “That doesn’t feel like slight, oppa. You should rest well!”

 

“Anni, I’m fine. What did you want to talk to me about?” said Hyunwoo as he tried to brush off Sooyoung’s concern. But as he took a step forward to walk towards the couch, he stumbled and nearly lost his balance.

 

Sooyoung caught hold of him and said, “Don’t be stubborn, oppa. I’ll take you to your room. You really look like you need the rest. Please listen to me, oppa.”

 

Hyunwoo had no choice but let Sooyoung guide him into his room. He laid down on his bed and Sooyoung tucked him in. Sooyoung opened his wardrobe and picked out two towels. She went to the toilet and soaked them in cold water. She wrung them out and brought them back to Hyunwoo’s room. She placed one over his forehead and one over his neck, before sitting on the chair next to him.

 

“What did you want to talk to me about, Sooyoung-ah?” asked Hyunwoo.

 

Sooyoung opened to reply but as she looked at Hyunwoo’s state, she could not bring herself to say what she had come to say.

 

“It’s not important now, oppa. What’s most important is that you rest well,” replied Sooyoung. “Go to sleep, oppa. I’m sure your fever will subside more quickly as long as you rest well.”

 

“It seems that every time you see me in bed, I’m never in a healthy state,” replied Hyunwoo jokingly.

 

“Don’t say that, oppa. Now please, slee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter