Sick Part 1 (Chanwoo/iKon)

IKON One-Shots

Hope you enjoy, leave a comment if you have the time <3

 

 


 

 

If he hadn't been pranking them so much as he had the past few weeks maybe it would never have come to this, maybe they’d believed him when he first spoke and he wouldn't have passed out behind stage right before a performance. But what's done is done and now Chanwoo had to love with the consequences, although he's by far not the only one.

 

“Get up! We have practice! Also, if I see another fake snake in the fridge I'll kill you” Jinhwan throws a pillow at his head and pats his covered legs harshly to make sure that the maknae is fully awake and won't fall asleep again only to make them half an hour late reply again. Chanwoo groans quietly and opens his eyes to the minding light that is the morning sunshine in the dorm, and his first reaction is to close them again because he feels dizzy.

 

“Get up!” Jinhwan yells and Chanwoo has no choice but to leave the comfort of his own bed and sacrifice the warmth of his fluffy covers. But as he sits up he feels his head spin a bit, like bloodrush from standing up, only thing is he's still seated. As soon as he gathers himself he pushes his tired body out of bed and leans heavily on the wall beside him, his stomach feels a bit bloated and his throat a bit clogged. He tries to clear it but it doesn't seem to do any difference since the lump is still present. He assumes it's nothing but a morning haze that'll pass.

 

He gets dressed slowly and with difficulty, every limb suddenly weighing a ton and every movement being like benching his weight times 5. It’s not a pleasant feeling at all and I'm too of that his throat his starting to become an issue as it continues to throb, his nose feels a bit stuffy and his head just a tad hazy.

 

He feels kind of sick.

 

He makes it out of the room slowly and basically falls into a chair in the kitchen, “we don't have time for breakfast! I told you to be quick” it’s Jinhwan again and Chanwoo wants to grab a good of him and ask for medicine but he can see the elder’s patience running thin and decides that a few hours of practice won't hurt, he can take the medicine afterwards.

 

They rush out to the car in a hurry and Chanwoo immediately regrets putting on a cardigan over his t-shirt as he immediately feels twice as heavy as usual. “Chanwoo hurry, God damnit,” their manager whines as he sees how slowly Chanwoo is making  his way over to the car.

 

He grabs a hold of the boy’s arm and drags him towards the car, “what about the word hurry didn't you get?” he questions angrily and practically pushes Chanwoo into the car where he's squished next to Yunhyeong.

 

It's a little warm he thinks but it's not too bad, it's only when the car starts rolling that he starts to feel really bad. The lolling of the car usually so calming feels uncomfortable now and he crosses his arms over his stomach to stop it from moving around so much.

 

When a car suddenly cuts in front of them and they're forced to stop abruptly Chanwoo almost gags as his stomach moves, “hyung,” he mumbles and Yunhyeong hums quietly  while keeping his eyes on his phone. “I don’t feel so good,” Chanwoo whispers and Yunhyeong looks up from his screen, at first chanwoo’s filled with hope that just maybe his hyung will start firing on him, ask him what hurts and if he thinks he can participate during practice. Instead he just scoffs dismissively, “I'm too tired for your pranks right now. If you want to skip practice then just go home,” he says and turns back to his phone and all the hope Chanwoo kept vanishes with that single sentence.

 

“No, hyung, I really don't feel good,” he says but Yunhyeong groans clearly displeased with the youngest member, “you seemed to feel good enough yesterday when you hid all my chapsticks and then scared me on the roof in the freezing cold,” it's very clear that he's upset and Chanwoo doesn't want to upset him any further, so instead he says nothing and turns to look out the window. They're close to the building now and he’s practically bouncing in his seat at the thought of leaving the cramped car.

 

As soon as the car stops he's out and breathing in the fresh air, even if it's cold and freezing him to the bone it feels refreshing and much better than the leather seats and heavy cologne in the car.

 

He follows the rest inside reluctantly as he knows as soon as they enter it'll be all business. The first thing they do is meet up with their choreographer to go over some changes in the choreo, and it's not too bad to just sit in a circle and listen to what he has to say, but then he has to get up again and start moving and he feels so heavy and cold all of a sudden, not much different from the cold outside. Sure the room is well ventilated but no one else seems to be experiencing the freezing temperature in the room so Chanwoo plays it off as a slight cold.

 

They start warming up with simple movements becoming harder with every beat that passes as the music plays loudly. Chanwoo knows the warm up by heart and although his body feels heavy and sick he keeps up with the rest and executes the dance on a mediocre level. It's not super pretty and well done but he doesn't collapse halfway through so Chanwoo sees it as a success.

 

After that their real dance practice starts, where they practice their songs over and over and over again even though they know them by heart and could to them at age 99 on their deathbed.

 

They're only and hour in when Chanwoo stumbles and trips over his own feet in the middle of the song, he falls on his hands and knees heavily and stays in that position for a while. “Chanwoo, get up,” he can hear the expiration in Hanbin’s voice and knows that complaining about a cold now will do him no good. “I'm sorry,” he mumbles tiredly and hoists himself up with difficulty, he makes his way back to his place with his head hung low in fear of seeing the disappointment on the others’ faces.

 

“Let's start again!” Hanbin yells and then the music starts up again, Chanwoo dances with all his might and as much power as his body will allow him but he's so very exhausted and not feeling well that he trips again, this time after bumping into Junhwe, “ah come on!” Junhwe groans angrily and throws his hands up I'm desperation, “how hard is it to just walk to your place? You just have to wait for the total of 1 second before taking a step to the left it doesn't get  ing easier than that!” he practically screams and Chanwoo feels the need to cover his ears as the elder’s voice echoes in the practice room. “I'm sorry, he mumbles once again but Junhwe only mumbles something about yeah yeah what else is new.

 

Donghyuk comes to clap him on the back and Chanwoo almost toppled over from it, “wow, you good?” Donghyuk asks and Chanwoo forces a little grin and mumbles a quick yeah.

 

They pick up practice not long after and Chanwoo manages to get through a few songs without completely messing up, he's by far not being the most elegant and professional dancer, but this is bad even for him.

 

Then comes the time to leave and end practice for today as they have a performance later that requires them all to be well rested (as much as you can be, being an idol and all)  and well fed.

 

It's a live performance and therefore they only practice on the stage 2 times before they have to let other groups practice, they eat a quick lunch behind the scenes made out of mostly salad and some chicken but Chanwoo barely gets any of it down. As soon as it touches his tongue he best the immediate feeling to spot or out but by the glare he's receiving by their manager he assumes that's not an option.

 

After their hair and makeup (where Chanwoo almost doses off) they're lined up behind the stage to get ready to perform. Chanwoo feels that's it's incredibly cold backstage but still the coedi nooma beside him keeps wiping sweat off his face and neck.

 

He sees Jiwon on the front singing along to TT by twice and Donghyuk laughing at him but he doesn't feel up for joining, he feels clammy and cold and stuffy and uncomfortable. Like he's wearing too many layers of clothes and yet not enough.

 

When twice’s performance ends he sees As staff member at the front signal 3 minutes until their turn and Chanwoo grows anxious as the clock ticks down. He's not feeling well. Not well at all.

 

As he goes to take a step forward he feels his legs give out and before he knows it he's falling toward the ground, thankfully Yunhyeong’s got quick reflexes and catches him before he hits the floor, Chanwoo feels a bit disoriented for a few seconds before it clears up and he straightens in Yunhyeong’s arms unusually quick.  Which doesn't go unnoticed by the others.

 

“Yah! We don't have time for your pranks right now!” Jinhwan says harshly and Yunhyeong’s arms disappear from his body, “we’re about to go on stage, quit messing around,” Hanbin says coldly and Chanwoo can only nod in response.

 

He feels rather than beats the earpiece buzz alive in his ear and then they're walking out on stage and getting in their places. Chanwoo takes his place beside Donghyuk and hopes to whatever God is out there that he doesn't pass out and face plant on stage in front of all the fans and people watching at home.

 

As the music starts he execute all the steps like he was born to do it, they're so engraved in his mind that he doesn't believe even amnesia can erase it. But even though he knows all the steps, his body is very tired and running it's last fuel that he stumbles a bit but quickly straightens up and continues performing.  He knows it's no big deal, barely noticeable to the fans, but he also knows that his hyungs noticed, and that they won't be happy with him after the show.

 

The rest of the performance goes well (thankfully) and they make it off stage without any voice cracks or face plants. Although he knows that allowing good as Hanbin coldly brushes past him and into their room.

 

When he gets inside he basically falls down on the first soft surface there is, which happens to be a small couch occupied by Junhwe. “Yah! You messed up, don't think we missed it,” he says and Chanwoo closes his eyes, can't he just have some rest. He's dripping sweat and shivering from the cold and his lungs feel clogged and his nose stuffy, nothing feels good and bad sacrifice anything to just have a moment of peace and quiet.

 

“Hey! Say something,” Jinhwan says from the other side of the room and Chanwoo sighs, “I'm sorry,” he mumbles but Huron only scoffs, “that's like the fifth time today,”seventh” Yunhyeong cuts in but Jiwon doesn't stop, “have you nothing better to say?” he asks and when Chanwoo shakes  his head he throws his head back and breathes heavily like he's trying not to burst and yell at the maknae. “Whatever,” Junhwe mumbles and gets up from the couch, “you better have your attitude fixed by tomorrow” Hanbin mutters and Chanwoo only nods. Too tired to really say anything.

 

The move from the changing room to their can to their dorm is a journey Chanwoo barely remembers. All he knows is that he constantly fought the urge to bend over and vomit the car.

 

The next few hours are just as blurry as those before, he takes a shower, that he knows, does he eat? Does he talk to his hyungs? No idea.

 

Next thing he knows he’s sprinting up from his bed and into the bathroom where he falls heavily onto his knees before heaving painfully into the toilet. He feels the pressure on his stomach before or suddenly expands to his chest, up his throat and finally making its way out, he throws up so heavily that it forces itself up his nose and he coughs into the toilet as he tries to get rid of the awful smell.

 

When his stomach has calmed down he sits down on his and rests for a bit, his stomach feels calmer now and he assumes it was something he ate the day before and that it's over. He pushes himself job from the toilet and flushes before making his way over to the sink and quickly rinsing his hand before splashing his face with cold water. He feels clammy and cold and yet the cold water helps cool his aching head and burning nose.

 

He takes a moment to just breathe for a second before exiting the bathroom, as he closes the door he realizes how far his room actually is from the toilet and wonders if he should just stay outside the bathroom for a while instead of going back. He looks around in the dark room and spots the couch in the living room, in perfect range of the toilet and he smiles tiredly as he makes his way over to it.

 

He plops down heavily and grab a blanket from the armrest and throws it over his legs. He curls in on himself under it and tries to get his temperature under control, he doesn't understand why it's so damn cold.

 

He contemplates putting on the tv but feels that his headache would not be pleased by that choice and refrains from reaching for the remote. Instead, he tucks himself in and tries to get some rest, to hopefully wake up feeling a bit better.

 

The next time he wakes up there's a hand on his stomach rustling him from his deep slumber and as he carefully opens his eyes he sees Donghyuk hovering over him, “hey, we just got back from dinner. Sorry we stayed so late, why are you out here?” he questions and Chanwoo’s sure he's not aware he's doing it but he still rubbing his stomach and it's starting to stir something up.

 

“What time is it?” He asks as he sits up carefully on the couch and Donghyuk frowns, “just around eleven, how long were you asleep for?” he questions and Chanwoo shakes his head but quickly regrets it, “I don't know, but hyung-”

 

“You really should have come with us, though, we had a lot of fun, although you can't drink it would still have been fun, we ate a lot-” Chanwoo’s stomach rumbles unhappily at the mention of food but Donghyuk continues, “there was so much meat you wouldn't believe me unless you were there-”

 

“Hyung,” Chanwoo tries to move away from Donghyuk whose hand is still rubbing his stomach but Donghyuk keep going, “manager hyung bought it all and it was kind of awesome cause he never does stuff like that-” Chanwoo whines, “hyung-”

 

“-ah! And best of all, we got so much extra meat and we even brought home some for yo-” Chanwoo can't hold it in anymore and throws up in his lap right on Donghyuk’s hand and his blanket, he coughs and struggles as he tries to get it all up in one go but at the same time not throw up at all. He doesn't notice when Donghyuk pulls his hand away but he does notice when Donghyuk yells.

 

“Hyung! Come quick!” Donghyuk says and looks at Chanwoo as the younger continues to cough and wheeze and he can hear how bad his breathing sounds, Junhwe comes walking in complaining about some damn yelling but has he sees Chanwoo on the couch drooling vomit and Donghyuk’s panicked look he quickly turns and tells himself for the others to come.

 

Jinhwn comes rushing in and S soon as he sees Chanwoo he runs forward, “oh god, Chanwoo” he mumbles as Chanwoo tries to breathe properly. He's shivering badly and dripping sweat and Jinhwan’s never seen him this bad, or any of them for that matter.

 

“June quick! Get a bowl!” he calls and Junhwe rushed out of the living room and to the kitchen, he bumps into Hanbin on the way who doesn't look amused at all and is about to complain when he catches the look of worry and fear on the younger’s face, two very unusual ones.

 

“What's wrong?” he asks and Junhwe points to the living room, “Chanwoo’s throwing up, badly,” he says and hurries to get a bowl from under the sink and running back in with Hanbin close behind. He gets there just in time for Chanwoo to heave once again, this time into the bowl, not that it matters as he's already soiled with vomit and the couch as well.

 

“Hyung, it r-really hurts,” Chanwoo manages to mingle in between heaving and Jinhwan gestures for Hanbin whose frozen in the doorway, “go get a thermometer,” he says quickly and Hanbin nods as he hurries out of the room. Jinhwan turns to Donghyuk who's kneeling silently beside him, “go and wash up, I've got him,” he says but Donghyuk doesn't move at all, instead he wipes his icky hand on his shirt and moved to sit beside Chanwoo who has stopped puking for a moment.

 

Jinhwan notices the sweat on the boy a face and neck and quickly wipes it with the edge of his sweater, “god, you're burning up,” he mumbles as he grazes the boy’s forehead, “but I'm fr-fr-freezing,” he manages to mingle through his blue lips and Jinhwan states in horror at the youngest’ condition. Just then Hanbin gets back with the thermometer and Yunhyeong and Jiwon behind him.

 

Jinhwan grabs it from Hanbin’s hands and quickly eases it into Chanwoo’s mouth, “tap my hand if you need to puke,” he mumbles and Chanwoo manages to nod.

 

He doesn't puke during the time they have to wait but he does gag a few times, when the thermometer beeps Jinhwan removes it from his lips and checks it, the gasp that follows does nothing to soothe the others’ nerves.

 

“40.2 degrees, baby we're going to the hospital right now!” Jinhwan says and as soon as the words leave his lips the rat spring into action.






 


Not proofed but anyways, hope you enjoyed.

Leave a comment if you can <3