First

CAFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Daesung hyung! Listen to me!! Let me in, please?" The 17 year old called out desperately. The brunette knocked on the door furiously that it may annoy the hell out of others, but not the one inside.

"Hyung! Please!! You've been cooping yourself in the room for 2 days straight already!! If you're not going to open the door, I'll barge in! And I do what I say! You should know it better than anyone else!" He threatened and all was silent for awhile as the boy catches his breath.

*creak*

The door creaked open slightly. The younger kicked the door open immediately and walked in to find a boy with messy dark hair curled up at the end of the bed.

"Hyung..." The younger trailed off sadly as he strode across the room to the bed where Daesung sat. The brunette sat down gently and looped an arm around his hyung, hugging him from the side. They stayed in a comfortable silence like this for awhile before Daesung finally broke the silence.

"Seungri... Thank you..." Daesung whispered, his voice hoarse from not talking for a long time.

"Don't say that... You helped me when I'm at my lowest. I should too." The younger smiled even though Daesung wasn't looking at him but at the sheets between his knees.

"B-But... I c-can't... Dad...." Daesung's voice croaked as he broke down. He curled himself tighter and bowed his head even lower, burying his face.

"I'm sure Daejoon appa wouldn't want to see you like this hyung. You have to be strong for him, the cafe, and for yourself." Seungri's heart broke into two when he saw his hyung breaking down. Daesung's angel smile and laughter was wiped off his face, now replaced by sorrow and grief. Seungri wasn't used to a sorrowful Daesung and it broke his heart. Daesung didn't answer but finally uncurled himself and leant into Seungri, crying his heart out into the younger's shoulder. Seungri smiled gently when Daesung finally opened up and poured out his feelings through tears. The brunette hugged the older tightly and gave as much comfort as he can, until Daesung cried himself to sleep, Seungri joining him as they fell into slumber for the rest of the day.

~~~

"Youngbae ah! Want to hang out?" The voice from the other line invited.

"Nah. I've to check on my mum at the hospital and head to work after that. You guys have fun!" Youngbae rejected the offer from his old friends and ended the call. The young teenager was on a bicycle on the way to the nearby hospital. Before reaching, he stopped to pick up a few flowers for the vase in the ward.

"Omma, these are the only flowers I can afford now." He mumbled to the flowers before tucking them safely in the front basket of his bicycle as he peddle off.

"Ah, Youngbae-ssi. Here to visit your mum again?" The nurses and doctors along the way greeted him. After a year, Youngbae had familiarized himself with the hospital and the smell of it. The nurses and doctors were very kind and friendly, helping him a lot in many ways when they knew his situation. Youngbae was grateful and thankful. The long walk to his mum's ward seemed short when he knew exactly which corridor to take and which corners to turn even if he was blindfolded.

"Omma, I'm here." Youngbae announced gently as he pushed the doors open to the medical ward. A woman with flowing chocolate brown hair lay at the white bed placed at the center of the room. Her white hospital gown made her tanned skin even darker. Machines beeped rhythmically at the sides of the bed, indicating the life in Youngbae's mum. Goo Kin Lin, the tag read at the top of the bed, was Youngbae's mum.

"Omma, are you done sleeping? You've been resting for a year. How long do you need more?" Youngbae's tone was steady, his hands taking out the wilted flowers from the vase and replacing them with the fresh and alive ones he bought.

"Please wake up..." After changing the flowers,  Youngbae took his regular seat at the side of the bed, clasping his mum's left hand in both of his.

"I need you..." Youngbae pressed his forehead onto his hands as if he was praying.

"How can you be so selfish? A-Abandoning me after dad died..." His voice cracked.

"I can hardly make ends meet now... The hospital bills are too high for me... I'm lucky that the hospital is willing to help me. O-Otherwise, I would be sleeping in the streets now, omma..." Youngbae weeped, unable to contain his feelings anymore in front of his comatose mother. He can't bring to stop himself from blaming his mum even though he knows that it's not right. His mum was broken when his dad died when he was 18.

".........." No matter how long or how hard Youngbae cried, a response was never gotten from his mum.

*Beep* Something vibrated and beeped from Youngbae's bag. The boy took a moment to calm himself down and dried his tears before reaching for his bag and brought out his only asset. His laptop. Youngbae flipped the device open to find a message.

GD : Hey bro! What are you doing?

Youngbae decided to reply.

Taeyang : Nothing much.

GD : Something's wrong. Are you sad or emo?

Taeyang : Nothing GD. You just have bad timing.

GD : What bad timing?! Everybody needs to entertain me whenever I called! *proud*

Taeyang : *laughs* Srsly bro? Idgaf about your status as a famous Youtuber bro. It's not dope enough for me.

GD : Ha. Ha. Ha. You're the only one that doesn't. And that makes us best buddies yeah? So now tell me what's wrong.

Taeyang : *laughs again* I said nothing's wrong. No need to worry. Time check. I need to go now bro. Work calls.

GD : I always thought it was nature calls though. And I'm sure there's something wrong.  Message me if you feel like tellin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter