Her Smile

Rainy Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A WORD VOMIT BECAUSE ITS 3 AM AND I CANT SLEEP AND FELT LIKE WRTING.

 

 

HEAVILY UN EDITED.

 

DONT JUDGE.

 

I DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING AT THIS TIME OF NIGHT/MORNING.

 

 

 

ESP THE BLOOP SQUAD.

 

 

 

 

this is so ty i dont even know why im posting this tbh *awkwardly laughs*

 

 

oh, did i mention this was short? cos its hella short. super short. shorter than wendy. yup. 

 

 

Wendy has always been an overachiever. She’s known by everyone as the kid that would always win awards, get the highest grades in her class and always had her nose in a book of sorts. And Wendy loved it; the feeling of winning. The feeling she gets when she goes up on that stage to receive an award. The feeling she gets when she’s complimented for her good work.

 

It’s not like the girl has never lost or been criticised before; far from it, really. Losing just made her more determined to win that first place title. Wendy couldn’t count how many times she’s lost before.

 

Wendy remembers failing an exam in school. The single exam had her on edge for days. It was all she could think about. How did she manage to get such a low score? Did she not study hard enough? What was she lacking?

 

The girl spent days thinking about her mistakes from one measly exam. One bad grade in her almost flawless report card.

 

Wendy remembers being disqualified during the cube entertainment auditions. It had her bawling for days. Her usually cheery and bright personality dimming. She’d walk around her school campus with her shoulders slumped and her feet dragging against the floor.

 

She really questioned herself back then. What was she lacking? She’d practice ‘till the depths of the night, making sure she was able to reach her full potential, making sure she would be able to pass the audition. So why? Why was she disqualified after reaching the finals?

 

Wendy remembers the harsh words her coaches threw at her when she was a trainee. At times, she just felt like giving up. The words were foreign to her. ‘Giving up’ was never an option to the girl but it sure seemed like a good one at the moment.

 

As much as Wendy loved performing, she couldn’t take the harsh words. Was this how it was in the industry?

 

Wendy tries her best not to dwell on her failures and instead likes to remind herself of her past successes.

 

Wendy remembers getting that acceptance letter that would send her to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter